In defense of tinkers as a hero class in a hypothetical undead expansion, I don't think robots are likely to get the plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not really. That neither Tyrande nor Malfurion will be present is a massive joke. They both fought Azshara during the War of the Ancients and now they wont even have an appearance? This is horrible writing.
    I agree it is pretty strange why they aren't present. Maybe Anduin has them sitting in a corner because they went off to reclaim Darkshore without his consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    In defense of tinkers as a hero class in a hypothetical undead expansion, I don't think robots are likely to get the plague.
    Haha, thanks for the laugh!

There is a twist guys, and you didn't see it coming. Next class will be Necro-tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post

There is a twist guys, and you didn't see it coming. Next class will be Necro-tinker.
    That's for rookies. Tinkers whose constructions have been affected by the curse of flesh... Flesh tinkers!

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    That's for rookies. Tinkers whose constructions have been affected by the curse of flesh... Flesh tinkers!
    Naaaaaah. I'm talking tech-enhanced zombies.

"You like ghouls? THEY'RE NOW AVAILABLE WITH A MECHANICAL JAW OPTION. You wanted an abomination? We got you covered fam, with out brand new Jetpackbomination, an abomination with a jet pack! Available now. For more information, please contact your closest necro-tinker."

Just got a PTR update. ~120MB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyreo View Post
    Just got a PTR update. ~120MB
    yup same here
    [/URL]

Oh I see 120mb Calia Menethil. Haha

Mostly shaders that were updated, no proper content stuff

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    That's actually a dream of mine, different interpretations of a generic class moniker, depending on character race, but the same class gameplay-wise - in this case, Gnomes and Goblins (and Vulpera and Mecha-Gnomes) would be Tinkers, crafting mechanical constructs and the like, while Forsaken and Kul Tirans would be Fleshshapers, grafting limbs and inanimate objects into golems, using dark magic.
    Kinda like I also hoped for Tauren Sunwalkers to be significantly different from previous Paladins, even if only with different spell names and effect tints.

It's more effort art-wise, but it would go a long way for RP purposes, and could retro-actively be applied to existing classes - Mages, Priests, Rogues and Warriors technically already are the generic monikers, with different interpretations across the factions/races lore-wise. Obviously a voluntary toggle for existing classes.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-04-17 at 09:28 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    That's actually a dream of mine, different interpretations of a generic class moniker, depending on character race, but the same class gameplay-wise - in this case, Gnomes and Goblins (and Vulpera and Mecha-Gnomes) would be Tinkers, crafting mechanical constructs and the like, while Forsaken and Kul Tirans would be Fleshshapers, grafting limbs and inanimate objects into golems, using dark magic.
    Kinda like I also hoped for Tauren Sunwalkers to be significantly different from previous Paladins, even if only with different spell names and effect tints.

It's more effort art-wise, but it would go a long way for RP purposes, and could retro-actively be applied to existing classes - Mages, Priests, Rogues and Warriors technically already are the generic monikers, with different interpretations across the factions/races lore-wise. Obviously a voluntary toggle for existing classes.
    Race-class fantasy focus for an expansion could be a pretty exciting selling point, I definetly agree. Just the little variation that we have for druids and shamans make them feel so much more special as a choice... Imagine if all races had appearances to differentiate them, instead of blocked classes!

Due to an unfortunate accident with some poor spelling and even worse spellcheckers, we end up getting necro-tinklers.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Due to an unfortunate accident with some poor spelling and even worse spellcheckers, we end up getting necro-tinklers.
    Or... Necro-ticklers?

*ticklers

edit: Dammit Fahrad!

*ticklers

edit: Dammit Fahrad!
    Hehehehe *laughs in wizard*

I've been thinking about something like that, too, though with a slightly different angle. Class Kits choosable at the barber(or similar) which allow species specific(or just general) adaptations to visuals. Like a Necromancer kit for Warlocks in general, or a KT specific Stormsage mage kit.

Obvious ideas are the various Paladin orders, KT Thornspeakers and similar race specific variations already in the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I've been thinking about something like that, too, though with a slightly different angle. Class Kits choosable at the barber(or similar) which allow species specific(or just general) adaptations to visuals. Like a Necromancer kit for Warlocks in general, or a KT specific Stormsage mage kit.

Obvious ideas are the various Paladin orders, KT Thornspeakers and similar race specific variations already in the game.
    This would be awesome but you'd have pvpers whining about how they couldn't tell what spells the other person was using and when. Easy solution would be to just not allow it in pvp and only in pve, but then you'd probably have pvpers whining about how they'd want to use it in pvp.

And round and round that circle goes

- - - Updated - - -

A Dalaran-mage kit of spells would mean everything to me.
    Same for MM hunters getting priestess of the moon type spells

Naaaaaah. I'm talking tech-enhanced zombies.
    Leper-mechs?

For some damned reason the PTR won't begin downloading for me when prompted.
    #Excluded

Or... Necro-ticklers?
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Leper-mechs?
    I love your sig image!