Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    There was a recent interview (sorry, forgot which one) in which they said that there would more warfronts ahead.
    Biggest battle since the Second War they said. So I'm kinda expecting it to be the invasion of Quel'Thalas or the northern Barrens.

What's this then?
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=13568/for-nazjatar
    And Season 3 PvP gear is naga/sea themed.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Not all characters need to be 10/10 perfect elf models. I prefer playing the more interesting looking races
    Agree on principle, although skinny Kul Tirans should still not be just an option for KTs. They already are a completely new rig, unique for an Allied Race. Granted, they would share that rig with the speculated Mok'nathal AR.

I'd prefer it we would get body shape etc. options/sliders for all characters instead.
    I'd have nothing against Stormwind Humans and Kul Tirans sharing options in that case, so that people can play their 'regular' human as a Kul Tiran.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    What's this then?
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=13568/for-nazjatar
    And Season 3 PvP gear is naga/sea themed.
    They need to fill in gear since there's no warfront now. Doesn't mean there won't be more ahead.
    8.2 PvP gear is the same as raid gear, but recolored (combatant gear seems to be based on questing gear for Nazjatar).
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    There was a recent interview (sorry, forgot which one) in which they said that there would be more warfronts ahead.

I'd love to see a Myst Isles warfront, where you have draenei and lightforged securing the isles long enough for refugees to escape while the Horde invasion is led by the mag'har plus some other race (trolls? Or maybe ogres?), in a nod to the events of both Draenors.

Another possible one is a warfront in Quel'thalas, with the Alliance invasion, led by void and high elves, being resisted by blood elves and nightborne.

These could tie-in with my theory that Sylvanas plans to do something nasty with the Sunwell. She sends Lor'themar to Nazjatar to keep him out of the way, attacks Myst Isles to force the Alliance and Horde to focus there, then moves to Quel'thalas. The Alliance elves learn of her presence in the north, and push for an invasion to end the war. She uses the distraction to do her stuff.

The Myst Isles warfront could come out in 8.2.5, while the final one comes in 8.3.

----------------

Failing that, I think a tauren + troll vs. dwarf + gnome warfront in the Barrens would be really cool, but the story is moving away from that direction.
    I would really love a Warfront on the Isles, could also be split between the two. Alliance starting with Exodar on Azure and Horde rushes from the Bloodmyst Isle.

Also if looked on some maps displayed around war tables we can see an arrow pointing from Ashenvale to the Myst Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    I would really love a Warfront on the Isles, could also be split between the two. Alliance starting with Exodar on Azure and Horde rushes from the Bloodmyst Isle.

Also if looked on some maps displayed around war tables we can see an arrow pointing from Ashenvale to the Myst Isles.
    On the flavour text of some missions available on the mission tables, it is said the Horde is trying to push towards the draenei isles.

Yeah read about it on WoWhead, hopefully with the mission table rework/additions they alter the missions in such a way, that they are reliable.

theres literally a 0% chance of any more warfronts. 8.2's warfront will be heroic arathi and 8.3's heroic darkshore

they gave up on warfronts before they even released 8.0. everyone who playtested arathi hated it and they gave up on making the pvp version.

the second warfront would have been barrens. this is obvious because they updated a ton of quillboar stuff in bfa and im gonna tell you a secret: its not because there was deep quillboar lore in kul tiras that had to be told.

but warfronts were so badly recieved they had to cut down on them. the original plan was probably along these lines: arathi, barrens, another ek warfront, darkshore. deciding that they were only going to make one more (and by doing so, fulfil the promise of "warfronts") they went with darkshore because there's already been a lot of barrens content and people wanted to see the night elf story after the war of thorns.

darkshore is completely half-assed, its the same exact scenario for both sides which means it could never work for pvp, and theres only 1 pair of commanders. if you ever wondered why they went through with the forsaken night elves story that everyone thought was stupid and ruined both the night elves and forsaken, its because they had already decided they wanted to use the same boss for both factions to save time and effort so they needed an undead warden no matter the cost.

the smoking gun here is that fucking kodo mount. what is that doing in darkshore? it belongs in the barrens warfront but since they scrapped it they brought the kodo mount over

anyway there are no new warfronts coming ever again. storywise they dont make sense anyway since 8.2 is the tipping point where we all start to make friends again.

8.2 warfront = heroic arathi
    8.3 warfront = heroic darkshore

expect them to still be trivially easy despite the new features so people can still get their free heroic raid ilvl gear

theres also the matter of the datamined cutscene where tyrande declares victory in darkshore. people were wondering why it never showed up even though they had been updating it throughout the ptr. well now that we understand all of the above to be true, we know it will be in 8.3 after the darkshore heroic warfront

good decision by blizz tbh warfronts are shit.
    Last edited by sillag; 2019-04-20 at 03:22 PM.

The Kodo is an easter egg to the Cinematic, no smoking gun or anything else.

Also:"There will be additional warfronts in Battle for Azeroth, and the rewards to the existing one will likely be tuned and changed. We’ll also see lore characters continue to show up in these encounters. “Having characters in the encounters build connections with enemies, which can be as important as building relationships with allies.” " -Kevin Martens at: https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...game-patch-8-2

No 100% but 0%, nopes.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-04-20 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    The Kodo is an easter egg to the Cinematic, no smoking gun or anything.

Also:"There will be additional warfronts in Battle for Azeroth, and the rewards to the existing one will likely be tuned and changed. We’ll also see lore characters continue to show up in these encounters. “Having characters in the encounters build connections with enemies, which can be as important as building relationships with allies.” " -Kevin Martens at: https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...game-patch-8-2

No 100% but 0%, nopes.
    you are an idiot. you are not quoting kevin martens, you are quoting cass marshall, the writer of the article. she misinterpreted what he said. nowhere in the interview does he imply there will be new warfronts.

the kodo is there from the cutscene yes, but the reason there is a kodo model at all is because there was a barrens warfront that never came to fruition

when 8.3 is announced with heroic darkshore as the warfront and there are no more new warfronts in bfa, i will expect your apology via pm.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    you are an idiot. you are not quoting kevin martens, you are quoting cass marshall, the writer of the article. she misinterpreted what he said. nowhere in the interview does he imply there will be new warfronts.

the kodo is there from the cutscene yes, but the reason there is a kodo model at all is because there was a barrens warfront that never came to fruition

when 8.3 is announced with heroic darkshore as the warfront and there are no more new warfronts in bfa, i will expect your apology via pm.
    *sigh* And where are your sources or anything? Darkshore HC is coming, not depending on a rude little brat. All hail to Silag the secret genius of WoW Development.

I love it when people call other people idiots and yet, they use the the words "literally a 0% chance" talking about something that can't be properly justified and proven with facts at the moment. It always makes my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I love it when people call other people idiots and yet, they use the the words "literally a 0% chance" talking about something that can't be properly justified and proven with facts at the moment. It always makes my day.
    It's always especially hilarious to confront them with it when the thing they said would NEVER EVER HAPPEN 0% CHANCE, actually happens. The mentale gymnastics and excuses they go trough make it even sweeter.
    Yohohoho

At least today I learned that I should never trust an intervie ever again, since they all are interpretations of answers, not the answer given by the questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    It's always especially hilarious to confront them with it when the thing they said would NEVER EVER HAPPEN 0% CHANCE, actually happens. The mentale gymnastics and excuses they go trough make it even sweeter.
    It should be an olympic discipline really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mission Tables death approaches although IMO it should of died by the time Sargeras stabbed the planet >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Mission Tables death approaches although IMO it should of died by the time Sargeras stabbed the planet >.>
    I enjoyed the extra gold it was giving during Legion. Now I'm poor once again, yet Blizzard keeps increasing the prices of mounts and such. I'm trying to up my AH game with professions, but the market on my server has been kind of broken since the launch BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope we see the Couatl in World of Warcraft...
    Maybe those shark flying things are them, and wonder if the boldest of races rode and tamed them for flying mounts...
    For the Horde!

The tables are still useful for getting Rep (and paragon boxes reward around 4,000 gold), but yeah, I think mission tables are not necessary anymore. Put the rewards in another system and move on.
    Whatever...

Warfronts were okish, but way to easy and streamlined. I like the concept, to bad it did not deliver. Just as with dungeons, it would be cool if they could have released many WFs. Not only are they easy, they get boring quickly to.