7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I certainly hope Nathanos will die. Such an obnoxious joke of a character.
    He really wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't literally EVERYWHERE.

Naz campaign? NATHANOS!
    Arathi? NATHANOS!
    Darkshore? NATHANOS!
    War campaign? NATHANOS!
    lvling? NATHANOS!
    Alliance quests? NATHANOS!

It's just annoying.

Not every character has to bow down before us and be incredibly likable.
    That's what makes Nathanos unique.

But just for the love of god, set us up with another commander/captain for once.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-04-25 at 03:38 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He really wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't literally EVERYWHERE.

Naz campaign? NATHANOS!
    Arathi? NATHANOS!
    Darkshore? NATHANOS!
    War campaign? NATHANOS!
    lvling? NATHANOS!
    Alliance quests? NATHANOS!

It's just annoying.
    That's what you get with self insert characters
    Yohohoho

10+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos is just on the top of the "Never question Sylvanas" totem pole. If he actually started to question her(Right when the tree was burned) he could be tolerable but he's just a jerk to everyone. "Yeah you might of endured the Cataclysm but you're still trash to me Orc."

<.<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And even every interaction feels like he is just a further extention of Sylvanas voice. Besides that he is just streight up an jerk.

Always a pleasure beating him in Stormheim.

Edit: I wonder if Steve Danuser ever would notice how bad Nathanos Rep is.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-04-25 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

Sylvanas's reason for triggering this war is not for the ships, she has her own agenda and she's taking the Horde on the ride.
    I didn't word myself properly, I meant to say that the lack of ships is the reason that Sylvanas gave the rest of the horde leadership (or at least Saurfang) for starting the war. Her reasoning is indeed somewhere else entirely, wherever that may be.

OK, regarding Blizzcon.

* [I] expect news about the next WoW expansion, obviously. It will certainly be time.
    * We'll have some news about Overwatch. I don't care about the game, but I like their cinematics, will watch.
    * If they work on Diablo 4 for PC, we'll perhaps hear about it. This I do care about, will watch. Don't know if that will happen though.
    * Expect nothing important for HotS / HS / SC2. Well, HS is going to have another expansion announced, whatever.

...aaaaaaand...

* Expect a new mobile title. And more than one. One will probably be about pets - we've all heard news about them supposedly working on their take on Pokemon. I don't know if I am going to play it, but I'll watch. I have kind of moved away from phone games even though I like them, but there's still enough interest left. They will also have mobile Diablo - that one I am going to ignore, in my opinion this plays badly because of controls (even if their monetization model was good - and chances are, it won't be good at all). Maybe they'll have something else as well.

Not going to travel and not going to buy any electronic tickets. Probably going to watch the opening video when it happens. Then will read reports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    He probably saw some of that but brushes it off as "internet idiots are irrational" and "cannot please everybody" and "that's just a vocal minority". In other words, he probably thinks that yeah, some people hate his Nathanos, but that's not everyone, those who are silent don't hate him, bla bla bla its all ok and he's doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    By the way, regarding BFA lore.

The night elf arc so far seems to be:

* Watch Teldrassil burn and lots of elves die, flee, Tyrande saves Malfurion
    * The Alliance "retaliate" by "capturing" the Undercity (night elves don't care about that at all, it's a distraction from their POV)
    * Tyrande undergoes the warrior ritual, we storm Darkshore, but we don't win, just keep fighting over it (so, night elves are weak, ritual included)
    * The Alliance go to Nazjatar, Tyrande / Malfurion aren't even there (apparently night elves don't care about this either)

What's supposed to happen after Nazjatar? N'zoth, then end of war, peace with Baine, etc? Where's the resolution? We just got to watch the fire, got the Alliance to take every sideroad ignoring night elves at every turn, and got to feel weak because the warrior ritual wasn't powerful enough to matter?? And then we have peace?

A little insulting, no?

(And even if we don't use the word 'insulting' and accept everything: how the hell are night elves still with the Alliance? Like, what for?)
    Night Elf lore in BfA has been butchered as much as Undead lore with the horrible Sylvanas writing. It's a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    blizzcon is going to be bad.
    Diablo Immortal set the bar so low, it can't get worse than that. So were safe.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Night elfs should get back Darkshore, with a large win. And that large win could probably include the death of Nathanos.

Slain brutally by the night warrior.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Night elfs should get back Darkshore, with a large win. And that large win could probably include the death of Nathanos.

Slain brutally by the night warrior.
    And why on earth would Nathanos be somewhere in Darkshore?

He is Sylvanas' personal dog, he gets to go to the most important locations.
    Darkshore is not one of them.

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't really believe that the back-and-forth of Warfronts is canon. I'd say the Night Elves winning back Darkshore will be the official course of events, while the Horde sacks Stromgarde to cement their remaining presence in northern EK.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Night Elf lore in BfA has been butchered as much as Undead lore with the horrible Sylvanas writing. It's a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Diablo Immortal set the bar so low, it can't get worse than that. So were safe.
    no they can do much worse than that.

Hah, good it's just sad Dat-Boi. Even with the Diablo Immortal Fiasco last Blizzcon wasn't bad on the scale how people often pretend.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    He could also be writing Nathanos this way on purpose, expecting most to hate the character.

It's like Joffrey from GoT, that character was made to be hated by most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think Tyrande and the Nelves stepped away from the Alliance, just fought on their own(The whole reason fighting alone was dumb and just seemed to be forced to explain Darkshore WF). I was mostly pointing out Talanji has no reason to work with the Alliance in a super friendly manner cause...well we killed her father, that wound doesn't go away. I'm sure eventually tensions will go down but for Nelves and Talanji, it's still pretty heated.

(Also noting Teldrassil burning is WAAAAAY above the Rastakhan slaying).
    True, they didn't fully step away from the Alliance, but let's not pretend that she wasn't going against Anduin in doing so. While her reasons may have been kind of forced and simply put in to explain Darkshore (which I agree, pretty dumb), it is worth noting that she needed the Alliance and the King turned her down...though others instead stepped in to help (Genn, us players, etc). My personal suspicion has long been that this expansion ends off without a true "King" of the Alliance and "Warchief" of the Horde, instead with each side being led by councils of racial leaders. If anything, I suspect this is where Tyrande's anger at Anduin leads...races that will continue to be Allies, but won't just take direct orders from here on.

Getting Tyrande to forgive the Horde themselves seems extremely unlikely, but depending on how far gone she is with this Night Warrior thing, she might be not much up for leading them anyhow. She may be too set on revenge or if 9.0 has us dealing with Elune, she may leave the Night Elves behind to be at Elune's side.

As for Talanji, I totally agree that killing her father is a wound that that can't just go away. There are very few in this world that could start to help heal that wound for her...one of which I suspect is Rastakhan himself. Another could be Rezan. If Rastakhan gets a chance to talk to Talanji via the powers of Bwonsamdi (or perhaps Vol'jin, depending on what power he has now), he absolutely could get her to do nearly anything. He made a bargain with the devil to save his people, what bargain is she willing to make now for the future of the Zandalari Empire?

It's not an easy sell and would almost certainly come out ham-fisted rather than effective, but that's a way you could still bring both sides tensions down and somewhat believably tie up some knots in the story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    OK, regarding Blizzcon.

* [I] expect news about the next WoW expansion, obviously. It will certainly be time.

Not going to travel and not going to buy any electronic tickets. Probably going to watch the opening video when it happens. Then will read reports.
    When I've wanted to watch Blizzcon, I always did virtual ticket, haven't ever been there. The years I didn't buy I regretted it because virtual ticket goodies and watching first-hand feels hype.

We'll definitely see next WoW expac. Also by the time Blizzcon rolls around we should be in 8.3 by then right? Blizzard has been suuuuuuuuper mum than previously about what's going to be in 8.3 and how 8.2 ends.

I hope we get to be in 8.3 before Blizzcon because otherwise I don't want half of WoW stuff to be on 8.3/8.3.5. This is the expansion year!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    no they can do much worse than that.
    What's the "much worse"? Just curious

10+ Year Old Account
    No Lore butchery here, overdramatic stuff is not needed. Nathanos really shouldn't be the Sylvie bootlicker but w/e. I get that he loves her but horrible things can make you question your perception.

Btw did anyone see that Azsharan pearl thingie that upgrades a gear pieces item level?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So when will the 9.0 "leaks" start?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    So when will the 9.0 "leaks" start?
    I'm kind of amazed we haven't seen them already.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'm kind of amazed we haven't seen them already.
    It's kinda obvious that 9.0 won't be on Gamescom (since 8.3 will be a thing and August is perfect time to announce it). Before BfA it was possibility, we knew almost everything about Legion by then (except sword in Silithus, but we couldn't know it will be key thing) - so leaks started early.