Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wrathion (or any of other dozen dragons we personally know) comes up and asks us to go? Seems pretty simple.

I think you're reading way to much into the MAUs as well.
    Too much? They're worse with Overwatch than they were some years back without Overwatch. And Overwatch was Blizzard's "star" for the last years. That actually means something. And that WoW is on the low end when it comes to subs should be quite obvious, too. Low MAUs musn't be bad when Blizzard reacts to the situation appropriately (e.g. stepping up their game like they did after WoD).

Regarding Dragon Isles... what would be the zones? The continent? Where is it? *POOOOF* and it's just right next to Broken Isles and Kul Tiras? Where has it been the last years? Another island like content yeah that's something we really need. You know something that could work imho? A continent that's NOT on the surface of Azeroth, meaning it's 1) flying / floating, 2) underwater or 3) cave like. I don't want another universe/planet so when it comes to Dragon Isles I'd like it to be a floating continent.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The next expansion could have several themes and minor "continents", Black Empire/Nyarlotha being 1-2 zones, the Dragon Isles being another 1-2 (or more mini island zones loosely together) plus something else.
    Kinda "South Seas" overall plus Void/OG assaults, but distinctive enough from Zandalar/KT.

I kinda liked the "inserted into the established world" idea of Cataclysm, this could be a different implementation.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Whatever the next expansion ends up having, please let's have no splits. No class / spec splits (like in Legion with the class halls / artifact line). No faction splits (like in BFA with two land masses and wildly separate quests). It's OK to have some flavor, but limit that flavor to maybe 10% of the total.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Where has it been the last years?
    You could say that about every "continent" added to Azeroth after Classic, even for Outland, we knew it existed, we just couldn't go there yet.

Ingame maps as of now are not complete, they only show what's available.

We "know" the Dragon Isles, Nyarlotha and other islands exist in the South Seas, but they aren't represented in the current game yet.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Regarding Dragon Isles... what would be the zones? The continent? Where is it? *POOOOF* and it's just right next to Broken Isles and Kul Tiras? Where has it been the last years? Another island like content yeah that's something we really need. You know something that could work imho? A continent that's NOT on the surface of Azeroth, meaning it's 1) flying / floating, 2) underwater or 3) cave like. I don't want another universe/planet so when it comes to Dragon Isles I'd like it to be a floating continent.
    You make it sound like Northrend, Broken Isles and Kul Tiras had always been on the map. Or like they haven't created new zones for any of them.

Too much? They're worse with Overwatch than they were some years back without Overwatch. And Overwatch was Blizzard's "star" for the last years. That actually means something. And that WoW is on the low end when it comes to subs should be quite obvious, too. Low MAUs musn't be bad when Blizzard reacts to the situation appropriately (e.g. stepping up their game like they did after WoD).

I just think the magic at Blizzard is gone these days mate.

Next WoW expansion won't save it while Blizzard are on this self destructive route with it and as for other games well yeah as you said they've taken a huge loss of players.

I really can't imagine what bs they have to pull of their hats to make a Dragon Isles expansion. Something like Pandaria or AU Draenor (Pandaria was great, AU Draenor not so much) but I doubt they can do it. At least they won't ruin established lore with it so... could be exciting. I'd still prefer a Black Empire expansion a la Lotro's Moria (which was amazing).

Blizzcon might be half a year away but it can't come soon enough (and with it the announcement of the next expansion). With MAUs being at an all time low it's obvious they have to do something big for xpac 8 to actually turn around the steady downfall of WoW. And this means doing something for new players, too (level squish and/or world revamp).
    Yeah I think a level squish and/or a world revamp is coming. With I think Blizzard will make have the xpac be about Black Empire or Dragon Isles. Both of these two are fan favorites and will ease over a lvl squish.

And I agree, Blizzcon cant come soon enough. To me it looks like 8.2 is the last major patch content in BfA with some minor story patches down the line. They should really push for 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    And I agree, Blizzcon cant come soon enough. To me it looks like 8.2 is the last major patch content in BfA with some minor story patches down the line. They should really push for 9.0.
    Yeah at this point I doubt we'll finish BfAs storyline in a raid like we usually do, I think we'll get another *snooze* Warfront that deals with the Alliance vs. Horde faction war and everything besides that will be postponed for 9.x content. But we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You make it sound like Northrend, Broken Isles and Kul Tiras had always been on the map. Or like they haven't created new zones for any of them.
    That's exactly the point. They've always been there and that's the problem. Northrend made sense, Pandaria made sense too. Broken Isles not really and why we haven't seen or visited KT / Zandalar earlier was never explained. So Dragon Isles as yet another kind of islands in the sea makes barely any sense unless it has Pandaria-like-lore attached to it (the mist).

Yeah at this point I doubt we'll finish BfAs storyline in a raid like we usually do, I think we'll get another *snooze* Warfront that deals with the Alliance vs. Horde faction war and everything besides that will be postponed for 9.x content. But we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly the point. They've always been there and that's the problem. Northrend made sense, Pandaria made sense too. Broken Isles not really and why we haven't seen or visited KT / Zandalar earlier was never explained. So Dragon Isles as yet another kind of islands in the sea makes barely any sense unless it has Pandaria-like-lore attached to it (the mist).
    And what makes you think 9.0 will be any better out of curiosity?

I highly doubt they will revamp the classes to be more than 3-4 button rotations and the same RNG mechanics and timegating ones will be there. Among other things.

It'll just be BFA 2.0 since Blizzard know they can get away with pushing out subpar products because people will buy whatever MTX they throw on the store to cover their losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And what makes you think 9.0 will be any better out of curiosity?

I highly doubt they will revamp the classes to be more than 3-4 button rotations and the same RNG mechanics and timegating ones will be there. Among other things.

It'll just be BFA 2.0 since Blizzard know they can get away with pushing out subpar products because people will buy whatever MTX they throw on the store to cover their losses.
    Several things:

1. BfA is WoD 2.0 in every regard. It's scathed by the playerbase and it's far from being a success in the long run.
    2. MAUs are very low
    3. They already admitted, indirectly, that they failed with BfA and want to redeem themselves

BfA would have been a success after WoD because it was the logical next step. After Legion it could only fall short because it's basically Legion 0.5. So the natural progression which would have made sense is WoD > BfA > Legion from a gameplay perspective. They messed it up. The next expansion will be either another savior for WoW (like Legion was three years ago) or WoW will become irrelevant (compared to ESO/FFXIV).

Several things:

1. BfA is WoD 2.0 in every regard. It's scathed by the playerbase and it's far from being a success in the long run.
    2. MAUs are very low
    3. They already admitted, indirectly, that they failed with BfA and want to redeem themselves

BfA would have been a success after WoD because it was the logical next step. After Legion it could only fall short because it's basically Legion 0.5. So the natural progression which would have made sense is WoD > BfA > Legion from a gameplay perspective. They messed it up. The next expansion will be either another savior for WoW (like Legion was three years ago) or WoW will become irrelevant (compared to ESO/FFXIV).
    Imo WoW is already getting irrelevant. People are just not interested in what it offers anymore from what I've seen.

Imo WoW is already getting irrelevant. People are just not interested in what it offers anymore from what I've seen.
    That's due to BfA. Legion didn't have this problem (at least not as massively as BfA). That's the reason why I expect Blizzard to actually double down on the next xpac and give us more of everything (we like). Like they did with Legion. I don't think they pull another BfA, they're not so dumb or tone deaf to do it - at least that's what I think.

That's due to BfA. Legion didn't have this problem (at least not as massively as BfA). That's the reason why I expect Blizzard to actually double down on the next xpac and give us more of everything (we like). Like they did with Legion. I don't think they pull another BfA, they're not so dumb or tone deaf to do it - at least that's what I think.
    I do admire your enthusiasm and hope mate I really do.

Sadly for me (and a lot of people) these days it's hard to be enthusiastic when it comes to Blizzard. Which is a shame because I love this company so much but the direction they are taking is just flat out awful right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Well they really dont need to have any islands that are unable to reach on the map. Imagine if they added huge island on the map were we could not go. The pressure would be huge to deliver content just there and not just leave it empty.

They can easily add isles or whatever for future content, they have done so before and will do it again if they can halfass it into the lore.

Well they really dont need to have any islands that are unable to reach on the map. Imagine if they added huge island on the map were we could not go. The pressure would be huge to deliver content just there and not just leave it empty.

They can easily add isles or whatever for future content, they have done so before and will do it again if they can halfass it into the lore.
    COUGH... Night Elf Mages......

I do admire your enthusiasm and hope mate I really do.

Sadly for me (and a lot of people) these days it's hard to be enthusiastic when it comes to Blizzard. Which is a shame because I love this company so much but the direction they are taking is just flat out awful right now.
    Dont forget WoD. That xpac was also a complete shitshow and we got Legion after that. So theres atleast hope, Blizzard can never really take that from us :P

Dont forget WoD. That xpac was also a complete shitshow and we got Legion after that. So theres atleast hope, Blizzard can never really take that from us :P
    I think Legion was amazing but towards the end I felt a bit drained and bored.

But I gave them the benefit of the doubt once with WoD. I'm not doing it again.

Making a good expansion in between the 2 bad ones doesn't suddenly excuse the 2 bad ones even if they make a better one for 9.0.

Broken Isles not really and why we haven't seen or visited KT / Zandalar earlier was never explained. So Dragon Isles as yet another kind of islands in the sea makes barely any sense unless it has Pandaria-like-lore attached to it (the mist).
    Why would we have gone there? They don't need to explain why we aren't going to some faraway place. That's the default stance. They need to explain why we are.

So Dragon Isles as yet another kind of islands in the sea makes barely any sense unless it has Pandaria-like-lore attached to it (the mist).
    The simplest answer: small archipelago, unknown location, until now fiercely guarded by dragons, who now need our help against the forces of the Void.

I think this requires an acceptable suspension of disbelief, the alternative would be reworking the known world over and over, or coming up with ever new worlds each expansion.
    (Although I would like to see Goria and other unexplored parts of Outland/Draenor)
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-05-06 at 01:15 PM.

I think Legion was amazing but towards the end I felt a bit drained and bored.

But I gave them the benefit of the doubt once with WoD. I'm not doing it again.

Making a good expansion in between the 2 bad ones doesn't suddenly excuse the 2 bad ones even if they make a better one for 9.0.
    Ofc not, its not a good excuse nor a good way to make xpacs for the game.

Almost every xpac has felt boring towards the end, thats almost a given. Problem with WoD and now BfA, it got boring quite quickly. Legion probably got so good because of how bad WoD went down. Blizzard had to deliver something good after WoD.

Whats sad is that they are in the same position as back then during WoD. BfA did not deliver and now they gotta doubledown on the next xpac, probably cuttting BfA short. They had a great oppurtunity after Legion to build upon that xpac success, but they failed again.

And lest be honest, if Blizzard do deliver on the next xpac, we are all going to play it no matter how bad previous xpacs was :P