Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Same, I really want to go to some Lost Continent, and everything there is just new... Like MoP but more, the only things familiar are US going to where ever. Also no existential threat.
    MoP did indeed tease that, until Garrosh got his hands on the heart of Y'Shaarj. Remember when people went mental over "just" going to a (to us) unexplored continent, with no obvious villain glaring at us from the box? I'd bet these are the same that now cry how WoW has lost its touch etc.
    Hmm, now I really want to see that kind of expansion... but nah, after the intro with Teldrassil and Lordaeron, BfA was relatively laid back, they wouldn't do the same thing again immediately.

I guess for that to happen again in that way, we'd have to go to a different planet, maybe another one that barely escaped the Legion's grasp, possibly due to Sargeras' imprisonment, or because they redirected the troops stationed there to Azeroth.

We'd be helping to rebuild, to reclaim, from the Legion, from the Void, and/or just that planet's native evil forces.

However, for that to happen, we kinda need a Void expansion inbetween, to reintroduce the cosmic scale.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yes, he is fun to talk to. (You might be in his shoes in a couple of years, so...)
    Yeah, if you are fanatic it's very likely you'll jump from one extreme to another sooner or later. Normal people just quit games they hate to play.

And WoW formula will wear out for all of us, it's nature of MMORPG. Especially if you never take breaks, that's why so many streamers become so jaded or quit WoW forever.

To avoid that, I try to be on break (either unsub or "log in once a week for mount chance" break) around 50% time. It's great idea especially 4-5 months before new expac (sometimes I regret that I stayed in Legion to the end, so BfA launch was less excting, but on the other hand 36/36 Mage Tower was worth it ).

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yeah I want them to create something new again, like with MoP. Ok, the whole panda thing was at first a bit weird, but it quickly grew on me and I really liked the whole expansion.

I dont want them to lean on something already established, but id probably be ok with Dragon Isle/Black Empire focus to :P
    I'd love for them to invent completely new lore too.

But it seems they are just scraping whatever big bads we have left right now. And doing a poor job of it story wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, if you are fanatic it's very likely you'll jump from one extreme to another sooner or later. Normal people just quit games they hate to play.

And WoW formula will wear out for all of us, it's nature of MMORPG. Especially if you never take breaks, that's why so many streamers become so jaded or quit WoW forever.

To avoid that, I try to be on break (either unsub or "log in once a week for mount chance" break) around 50% time. It's great idea especially 4-5 months before new expac (sometimes I regret that I stayed in Legion to the end, so BfA launch was less excting, but on the other hand 36/36 Mage Tower was worth it ).
    Never really got interested in Mage tower, it always slapped my ass to the ground(But I never claimed to be a pro mlg/Dark SOuls pro player or anything like that >.>)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I only ever cared about my DH glaives from MT. They go really well with the BE Heritage Armor.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I had this idea during legion for an expansion after were somewhere in Antorus we'd find a message and when we decoded it we'd find that the Legion was waging war on a planet that had a titan soul and was under the control of its local old gods. So we'd have to go there and do the Legion's job and find a way to blow up the motherfucker.
    You remind me of an expansion idea I had a while ago (probably during WoD, before Legion was announced. Sadly can't find it via Google) where we are visited by a powerful race from another planet that was able to withstand the Legion's assault, offering an alliance with our planet, which we happily accept, and are able to push back against the Legion's next invasion.
    But as the expansion progressed, it became clear that they had hostages and other leverages against each race's leaders, as well as other worlds under their thrall. Lowkey Lawful Evil. The story would have allowed for choices, either welcoming our new overlords, or mounting a resistance.
    Thinking about it, I kinda also predicted a scenario system similar to Legion Assaults and/or Argus Invasions, going to other planets under attack by the Legion, and defeating their presence there.
    Damn, I wish I could find that post to link and prove this I think it was a comment under some BlizzardWatch article, but I'm not sure. Disqus isn't searchable, and BW might've even still used another comment system back then.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    True, but do we really think there is another major content patch for BfA? What would that in any case be? Only scenario I can see is a endraid with Sylvanas as the villain. and I believe Blizzard said she would not go down like Garrosh(even though it looks like it so far).

Aszhara raid with N'Zoth planning/breaking free etc is a decent raid to launch into next xpac, with even more old god focus. MAYBE we get a N'Zoth raid, but I mean aint that bit of a stretch? Aszhara and N'Zoth in the same xpac..

I dont know, im just speculating. Im not saying I have the answers at all. Im probably 100% wrong, but I thought this was a speculation thread, but as per usual its very difficult to discuss anything at all. Its either 100% THIS or THAT.
    There will be an 8.2.5 (Goblins, Worgen model update+), 8.3 is a natural follow-up, possibly even an 8.3.5. 8.2 being the final patch of the expansion with the final tier would've been known by now otherwise.

BfA is only a failure worse than WoD in the minds of simpletons with an agenda and they've spouted it enough times for others to think it's got merit. No, BfA will not be cut short like WoD was, nor is it underdeveloped as WoD was. There was more assets to the first datamine of BfA alone than to the entirety of WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Never really got interested in Mage tower, it always slapped my ass to the ground(But I never claimed to be a pro mlg/Dark SOuls pro player or anything like that >.>)
    Gotta point out that Mage Tower, especially as time progressed, wasn't mlg/Dark Souls pro levels of skill required.

I too spent way too much time getting every appearance from that place, so much time spent in fact that IF they make another piece of solo content like it, I'd wish they made it about cosmetic racial armors/mounts or something, not spec-specific... X.X
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-06 at 09:32 PM.

Even WoD got the overall story patches they intended for it before launch. It's not like they would or could just scrap part of a story and roll it into the next expansion. If they did that with BfA, the next expansion would feel very disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    All the Eleccy-Nyel illusional stuff aside. I could remember someone pointing out that with 8.1 the Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon got released, then in 8.2 Mechagon and at the same time will release Strathholme as Pet Battle Dungeon. Would be silly to base hopes on this, but it's fun to think about.

Also does anyone else got the feeling that the Ankoans are a reference to the Story of the 47 Ronin.
    I mean there is chance for undead lore with the mention of Calia in 8.1 and with sending Derek to her but honestly the whole light necromancy sounds very silly. If anything Calia being like Xul from the diablo franchise would had been less bizarre
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Gotta point out that Mage Tower, especially as time progressed, wasn't mlg/Dark Souls pro levels of skill required.
    Indeed, plus several cheesing tactics (helped for Shadow&Affli) and the Tank Challenge was very similar across the specs, only Paladin required absolute perfection in P1, and Vengeance, I'd say, was by far the easiest one, <5 attempts, although I did that one last.
    Shit gear on my Mage prevented me from completing all DPS Challenges, though (no cheese strat for Frost + I hate that spec)
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-05-06 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Even WoD got the overall story patches they intended for it before launch. It's not like they would or could just scrap part of a story and roll it into the next expansion. If they did that with BfA, the next expansion would feel very disjointed.
    I don't think it was even cut short. It was always meant to end after 6.2. It's just that their planning projections were way off and they ended up with an expansion that was way to short since they had originally operated under the assumption it would only last about a year.
    It's not a coincidence they gave up on the whole yearly expansion thing after that.

Speaking of Pet Battle Dungeons.

You are incapacitated by two Shadowy Figures! Here's what they have to say:
    Shadowy FIgure 1: Oh, great. The "hero" is here. Ugh, this assignment is going to take forever.
    Shadowy Figure 2: Shut up. She trusted us to complete this task, and this time, we will! With the power of science!
    Shadowy FIgure 1: But she's always giving me orders and sending me on stupid missions. What about me? What about what I want to do?
    Shadowy Figure 2: All you do is whine. If you don't put a lid on it, I'll put a lid on you! Now brace yourself! It's time for stage two!
    Shadowy Figure 1: You're worse than she is. Why do i even talk to you?
    Shadowy Figure 2: Because I'm a genius! This piece of junk is taking too long. What if i remove the regulations and crank it to the max?'

10+ Year Old Account

I was being a bit sarcastic on that. I was mostly describing the Mage tower challenge and honestly it's not for me, it felt more annoying and at the time, my anxiety was higher and when my frustration went up I'd just give up, not worth getting super frustrated at a game that I've loved for years. Better to just take a breather and move on(And try it later but I ended up not doing that).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think 9.0 is death themed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I still think 9.0 is death themed.
    Same, I’m guessing Bolvar returns in a big way and we see all the consequences good or ill from helping him Legion. I think he’ll become someone we reluctantly ally with against the forces of the Shadowlands.

Always want to throw this in the ranks and even open a Lore discussion thread based on this, when thinking about an entire new land mass: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arcadian_War_Turtle ,but the Lore Subforum is kinda scary.

With Arcadia(IRL mentioned) being first a plane in Greece, I grew the fantasy of spartan or attic themed Vrykul Clans organised in City States that war with each other in a enviroment of snowy mountains, planes of growing wine and olives, light oak forrest and wheaty fields, just like the mix of a roman/byzantine/greece culture type of landscape and architecture. I mean the Titans look like a ancient greek Pantheon, so why were Vrykul created only as Norse?

Even with a Death Theme, it could easy add besides Helya, Troll Stuff and such, some Hades and Styx to the mix
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-05-07 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always want to throw this in the ranks and even open a Lore discussion thread based on this, when thinking about an entire new land mass: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arcadian_War_Turtle ,but the Lore Subforum is kinda scary.
    Back before Chronicle an idea I had for an expansion was we visit a planet that was basically Ulduar on steroids(Obviously with variety) but the planet was a Titan planet. A lot of mechanical themes going on. Of course....that won't be a thing considering how Titans are birthed.

Warrior-Magi

We also have the missing Titan Facilities on Azeroth with Uldaz and Uldtorus plus one currently unkown. And like C'Thun, N'zoth seems trapped in a nameless prison.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We also have the missing Titan Facilities on Azeroth with Uldaz and Uldtorus plus one currently unkown. And like C'Thun, N'zoth seems trapped in a nameless prison.
    I always headcannoned Uldorus to be a bastardized form of a Titan word for Antorus the Burning Throne, since both sound very similar. I can't think of what Uldaz might be, unless it's either a new place or - and this is where I put on my tinfoil hat - maybe the place within Azshara's Eternal Palace in Nazjatar where N'Zoth is kept.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    I always headcannoned Uldorus to be a bastardized form of a Titan word for Antorus the Burning Throne, since both sound very similar. I can't think of what Uldaz might be, unless it's either a new place or - and this is where I put on my tinfoil hat - maybe the place within Azshara's Eternal Palace in Nazjatar where N'Zoth is kept.
    The Maiden were just speaking from facilities on Azeroth as I would guess, since why should she know about more, so -torus could mean something in the Titan Language, but I think Antorus is not meant. And the Prison of N'Zoth seems to be called the Cirlcle of Starts, but maybe the place, where we fight with Azshara will have a titan name.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-05-07 at 12:56 AM.