Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Mechagnomes bad because "Alliance didn't want it".
    Mag'har good because "Horde wanted it".

End of story. Stop pretending as though there is any other reason for it.

Ironically, nobody asked for the Iron Horde to be playable, but because you can play pretend that your marking-less, boring Warsong/Frostwolf orc is from Outlands nobody cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Something that particularly infuriates me is that you KNOW that people will say "Horde asked for Vulpera and they got them" when Vulpera were designed to be playable as early as late-Alpha. They were always going to be playable the moment they got those new models. Nobody cared about them when they looked Cata Goblins without tails.

Doesn't matter though. People will say anything to further their shitty little narratives.
    Pretty good summation.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Mechagnomes bad because "Alliance didn't want it".
    Mag'har good because "Horde wanted it".

End of story. Stop pretending as though there is any other reason for it.

Ironically, nobody asked for the Iron Horde to be playable, but because you can play pretend that your marking-less, boring Warsong/Frostwolf orc is from Outlands nobody cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Something that particularly infuriates me is that you KNOW that people will say "Horde asked for Vulpera and they got them" when Vulpera were designed to be playable as early as late-Alpha. They were always going to be playable the moment they got those new models. Nobody cared about them when they looked Cata Goblins without tails.

Doesn't matter though. People will say anything to further their shitty little narratives.
    People will be butthurt because their favorite race wasn't picked, just look at the Sethrak. Now honestly I can understand the hate from the mechagnomes being more louder than the Vulpera hate train because of the loli/furry thing, the juker gnomes are just that, gnomes with a weird fallout vibe, the alliance playerbase are tired of their human like AR and most want some monster or not so human, if anything some murloc atlantean civilization will fit better with the gnomes and exploring a new culture and technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Mechagnomes have a monarchy, regular gnomes have a democracy.
    Mechagnomes have a position on the curse of flesh which has influenced their culture to a great extent, making mechanical limbs pretty much mandatory.
    Mechagon is implied to be home to technology far greater than current Gnome and Goblin tech.
    Mechagnomes also have the whole recycling and repurposing thing going on.
    They also don't have the same dislike for Goblins their kin have.

Face it. They are as distinct from their parent race as any other allied race, in fact, they seem to be more distinct than some, like the Mag'har Orcs which are just orcs, but brown and smug.
    Supposedly. In practice, they still have a monarchy, or have you seen them ever do any elections or show any other democratic behaviour?
    The rebels rather disagree with King Mechagons position.
    And? They got a headstart. That's all. Their mentality wasn't changed.
    So do regular gnomes.
    Because they haven't had any significant encounters with them for the rivalry to develop and need all the help they can get right now.

They aren't distinct at all. They are rather like the Mag'har.

So whats happens with Ashvane and Sylvanas, and how does she get to Azshara.. sorry if this has been discussed

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Yikes, you guys REALLY don't want mechagnomes, huh. At this point, I think it is pretty naive to think they won't be an allied race, and I for one welcome our robot gnome overlords.

Can't wait to see what their racials will be.
    i just kinda feel like it's a waste of an allied race, when it could have been something cooler.

that said, it will achieve the chaos i wish to see unleashed on all the normies: mechagnome r34 with their limbs unscrewed so that they're fucknuggets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i just kinda feel like it's a waste of an allied race, when it could have been something cooler.

that said, it will achieve the chaos i wish to see unleashed on all the normies: mechagnome r34 with their limbs unscrewed so that they're fucknuggets.
    To be fair, i think the Mechagnomes could be way cooler, they just need a little extra effort from Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting on my Vulpera Race to be playable...

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously...what the f......................................................................................... ................uk...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I do not mind Vulpera at all even though I doubt I'll play one. But Mechagnomes have the exact same problem with the Lightforged. They take a race's theme and crank it to 11, invalidating the base race in the process.
    I will be race changing one of my races to become a Vulpera, and it will be my Hunter...
    Really want to go around as a little fox humanoid taming large beasts...
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    ayy hol up
    ill probably be infracted for this post

7+ Year Old Account
    According to PTR testers, Essence brings E N O R M O U S performance boost, and difference between classes/specs Essences is big in some cases. #hope that it will be improved.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    According to PTR testers, Essence brings E N O R M O U S performance boost, and difference between classes/specs Essences is big in some cases. #hope that it will be improved.
    They really need to stop doing this.

They already have zero idea how to do proper class balance and this just adds more fuel to the fire.

I would rather stop something other, but that's how the world works and we can't get everything we want.

And by the way, I count myself to the lads which would like to play Mechagnomes.

So is azerite gear useless in 8.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    So is azerite gear useless in 8.2?
    Why would you think that? It still works the exact same as it does now. Essences are on top of that, not in place of.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They really need to stop doing this.

They already have zero idea how to do proper class balance and this just adds more fuel to the fire.
    Yet people cry for new and extravagant class abilities every expansion
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Man, I really wish Blizzard utilizes the mag'har tech more to make the mag'har stand out compared to the regular orcs.. In fact, I wish they utilized mag'har more period.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Man, I really wish Blizzard utilizes the mag'har tech more to make the mag'har stand out compared to the regular orcs.. In fact, I wish they utilized mag'har more period.
    In Nazmir we destroy a Iron Horde Ironclade and they also use Gron as siegeweapons. At least the black rock elements found way into the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yet people cry for new and extravagant class abilities every expansion
    His idea of class design is somewhere in another multiverse. Classes aren't perfect but good god they aren't horrible.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    I would rather stop something other, but that's how the world works and we can't get everything we want.

And by the way, I count myself to the lads which would like to play Mechagnomes.
    Gonna name mine TonySparks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    This is the reality of Allied Races. People gotta stop thinking they're going to be used heavily going forward when Blizzard has enough trouble showing narratives of already existing races.

We see a lot in BFA because AR are a stand out feature of BFA. But it feels like this is giving some people a false sense of narrative focus for AR going forward.

The work would become insurmountable for Blizzard very quickly to try and keep every race updated in the limelight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo, fair to say Classic Beta is probably this week? Considering all the fuss from some influencers?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Soooo, fair to say Classic Beta is probably this week? Considering all the fuss from some influencers?
    God I hope so.