10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Since Saurfang followed the assassin's there does that mean that their goal was to kill Thrall?
    She probably didn't want another Siege of Orgrimmar where the leaders grouped up and beat Garry...

Still they could have also followed Saurfang too...
    For the Horde!

And yet, by trying to kill Thrall... Sylvanas has just given him a reason to come for her head. If she'd left him alone, I don't know if Saurfang would have been able to convince Thrall to come fight.

When should we expect 8.3 to be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    When should we expect 8.3 to be announced?
    Probably Gamescom, or a Direct Announcement like the 8.1 announcement on Twitch before that. Sometime in Fall.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Goblin and Worgen heritage armor confirmed for 8.2.5 along with model updates

https://www.mmorpg.com/world-of-warc...-my-1000013638

Transmog, Customization & Goblin / Worgen Models

Goblin and Worgen fans will be pleased to hear that the long-awaited model update for each will be arriving in a future content patch.

“Shortly after Rise of Azshara, you’ll see that,” Morgan explained. “These are the two races that haven’t been updated. They’ll have new heritage armor with that as well.”
    This interview also confirms what should be common sense to some people but isn't:

"The problem is there is so much to be told. Everyone has characters they want to expand on, but we also want to introduce new ones and to find ways to weave those stories together. With Rise of Azshara, the emphasis is on Sylvanas and Azshara herself. They are the focus. There’s just so much happening."

Can't expect Blizzard to continuously tell the tale of every character/race in the game in every patch/expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Probably Gamescom, or a Direct Announcement like the 8.1 announcement on Twitch before that. Sometime in Fall.
    Blizz isn't attending this years Gamescom.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Blizz isn't attending this years Gamescom.
    Oh, right. So it'll be a direct announcement like 8.1 was. It's cheaper that way.

Also, something interesting I noticed in the interview here: https://www.mmorpg.com/world-of-warc...-my-1000013638

This decision came as a result of the community’s passion for the tattoos that are seen on Nightborne, Demon Hunters, Kul Tirans and Zandalari.
    Were tats planned originally for Kul Tirans? Are they coming out?

So, supposedly, Blizz is under the impression that Tyrande got her revenge and any more of her would create a sense of fatigue after her scenario in Darkshore.

Jaina of course gets to be in every patch so far, important in every one.
    Nazjatar should have been about a microcosm of H v. A as shown through all elves uniting to face Azshara, and instead we get Horde elves and Shandris for parity. And of course a giant heaping tablespoon of JAINA, cannopt forget how important she is to teh Azshara narrative taking place in the ancient capital of the world spanning Elven empire. After all, who really wanted to see Tyrande fight the enemy she fought directly back 10k years ago, and who still holds a grudge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So, supposedly, Blizz is under the impression that Tyrande got her revenge and any more of her would create a sense of fatigue after her scenario in Darkshore.

Nazjatar should have been about a microcosm of H v. A as shown through all elves uniting to face Azshara, and instead we get Horde elves and Shandris for parity. And of course a giant heaping tablespoon of JAINA, cannopt forget how important she is to teh Azshara narrative taking place in the ancient capital of the world spanning Elven empire. After all, who really wanted to see Tyrande fight the enemy she fought directly back 10k years ago, and who still holds a grudge.
    She is a the more powerful Magi in the Alliance right now and contrast that with the Nightborne lady that I can't spell correctly, there is a sort of sense(And if datamined info is true, that also makes sense). Thematically Tyrande should be there(So would Malfy but I digress).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Jaina has a lot more draw to the average audience than Tyrande does. Surprise!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Malfurion has fought Azshara in a magic duel before. And won. But let's send Jaina, she'll pull a boat out of her ass and use it to beat Azshara.
    You're ignoring when I said datamined info, it seemed to imply Azshara is going to be sealed away instead of killed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They don't care about old lore, that's why they are wasting Azshara in a (story-wise) filler patch in the first place.

Jaina has a lot more draw to the average audience than Tyrande does. Surprise!
    I am sure Sylvanas has more draw than Thalyssra, and yet Thalyssra is a horde representative there. It honestly feels like they got hlfway through designing a fitting narrative on the horde side with all the Elven leaders being there, and then deicded to just fuck over Night elves again and put Jaina and Genn for Alliance instead.
    Who is more popular should not really have this large an impact on the narrative, Jaina adds nothing to the plot beyond her presence as a mage, nothing in her characterization has anything personally against Azshara, or naga for that matter, she dislikes them, sure, but not in the same personal way some other characters there would. Like say, just to pull a random name out of the air, Lor'themar, or Thalyssra. 2 Characters with backstory galore for why they should want to oppose Azshar.

And despite all this, they couldnt put in Tyrande or Malfurion. Hell, not even Umbric was allowed in to this patch which from what i can see ends a major narrative thread for all Elves that have been going on since the beginning of the narrative.

I don't like being negative about this stuff, but i am really starting to think someone in Blizz actively despises Night elves, from Burning down Teldrassil and then giving the consolation to the horde to soothe their bruised honor and then to this.

1.5 GB patch downloading on the PTR right now.

I posted this in Speculation, but people are going apeshit over one dev talking about why Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar and trying to spin it as "Tyrande and Teldrassil will never be important again"... when both Shandris and Jaina talk about Teldrassil and getting revenge for it IN 8.2.

Tyrande not being in Nazjatar =/= the storyline with her is done, no matter how some retarded dev words it. Get over yourselves.

Were tats planned originally for Kul Tirans? Are they coming out?
    This wasn't part of a direct interview quote so I'll just take it as a mistake by the author of the article.

I posted this in Speculation, but people are going apeshit over one dev talking about why Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar and trying to spin it as "Tyrande and Teldrassil will never be important again"... when both Shandris and Jaina talk about Teldrassil and getting revenge for it IN 8.2.

Tyrande not being in Nazjatar =/= the storyline with her is done, no matter how some retarded dev words it. Get over yourselves.
    I don't doubt that Nelves will be abandoned forever after this in any way, Tyrande being the Night warrior is a major narrative plot thread that has to be tied up eventually. But that does not detract from the fact that Blizz could have had a cathartic and emotional end for Tyrande and Azshara, and they chose to ignore that and go for Jaina instead.

To give you an example, there is a mechanic in the new raid where Thalyssra is mind controleld and we presumably fight her for some time. Why not have this be Tyrande instead, would make it more tense knowing she is the night warrior and probably stronger, and more importantly, would have meant Tyrande got to eb there for the end of her greatest nemesis.

To be fair, the person that said that is the "lead encounter designer" who I'm guessing has little to nothing to do with story/lore direction and even if they do, it's one dev and not one of the big guys like Alex.

I don't doubt that Nelves will be abandoned forever after this in any way, Tyrande being the Night warrior is a major narrative plot thread that has to be tied up eventually. But that does not detract from the fact that Blizz could have had a cathartic and emotional end for Tyrande and Azshara, and they chose to ignore that and go for Jaina instead.

To give you an example, there is a mechanic in the new raid where Thalyssra is mind controleld and we presumably fight her for some time. Why not have this be Tyrande instead, would make it more tense knowing she is the night warrior and probably stronger, and more importantly, would have meant Tyrande got to eb there for the end of her greatest nemesis.
    Yes, Tyrande is not there to deal with Azshara, because the lead audience of this expansion is not lore diehards. People are more familiar with Jaina than Tyrande and Night Elf lore, so they chose to use Jaina instead. That's it.

Just be happy that Shandris is serving as the figurehead as opposed to no night elves whatsoever... though I'm sure there are people out there that would rather there be "no night elves because they did it wrong, and no representation is better than bad!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    To be fair, the person that said that is the "lead encounter designer" who I'm guessing has little to nothing to do with story/lore direction.
    Fair point, taht said though, he has to know how much Jaina has been shown in this expansion, and even counting the times Tyrande was tehre in Legion, Jaina still shows up more. So him arguing taht they don't show Tyrande because of fatigue would only make sense if they have a plan to have her be front and center for everything in 8.3. And i somehow find that difficult to believe when 8.2 was their big chance.