Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm fully expecting cross-faction play to be a big feature of 9.0, and BFA's "faction war" theme to be a "last sendoff" (though there will still be parts of each faction that want to kill the other)
    I was hoping for this but Ion keeps saying the faction split is so important in interviews...

That is kind of my point though. At some level the factions have to be unified, BGs and some localized skirmishes will certainly be a thing going on no matter what. At some level the unified factions will have direct gameplay consequences beyond, say, integrated queues for raids. And this gameplay change will likely be something where quests are less faction specific, and if this is the case, then Blizz might forget to give adequate coverage to certain aspects.

Also, Nelves and Forsaken will likely not have any major grudges against each other after BfA unless Blizz really, really wants to. Nelves hate ALL the Horde at the moment, the only Forsaken they have problems with specifically are Sylvanas and Nathanos, and unless some of them are still leaders the Forsaken are in the clear.
    Not to mention new leadership within the Forsaken will similarly lead to a scenario where the only Forsaken who wish to pursue fighting with Nelves would be the ones going for self-defence (Which would be silly unless Forsaken are simply the most convenient target) or the ones who are diehard Sylvanas loyalists who will more likely be framed as enemies we defeat in standard quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    We aren't fighting her yet again but 2 lovers.
    The 2 lovers is only the first phase, there is also a phase where we fight her champion, and then a final phase where we fight Azshara directly.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I was hoping for this but Ion keeps saying the faction split is so important in interviews...
    The faction split means there's two factions, and they aren't getting merged into one. A Warcraft without Horde and Alliance is what he's talking about not happening.

Not so much that they can't interact more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would not put too much stock in that title, it always struck me as more of a fill in the blank title instead of a "canon" title if that makes sense. She is probably dying, but until we see the cinematic, we won't know.
    None of the title that have pointed out that we slay certain thing have been wrong, yet

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    We aren't fighting her yet again but 2 lovers.
    The 2 lovers are just one phase of the boss fight.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    None of the title that have pointed out that we slay certain thing have been wrong, yet
    Do you want them to spoil the patch with "H0lyc0w, Famed Hero of Nzoth's Release" on the beta? Come on.

Fair point, we have only had 3 (4 if you count BfD faction specific) so the sample size is not exactly something to draw anything conclusive from.
    Don't think she will survive, i will just point out that she does not have a "dead" animation from what i have heard. Though it is of course fully possible, and indeed even the most likely outcome, that she dies in the cinematic.
    We will see though, she could live to actually give Tyrande closure for her conflict with her eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want them to spoil the patch with "H0lyc0w, Famed Hero of Nzoth's Release" on the beta? Come on.
    Well... but we already have the idea that Nzoth is freed thanks to the text of the fight with Azshara

Well... but we already have the idea that Nzoth is freed thanks to the text of the fight with Azshara
    We just know that "He will rise", but don't know if he is in fact freed or is guaranteed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Have to agree here, though i wrote that before i saw the actual leak. I still stand by Sylvanas using it on SW is the most believable part of that leak though. Would be a cool story twist to usher in the final patch raid.
    They'd have to explain how it can hit anything when it's pointed at Nowhere, AZ, first. It can't turn, only pivot, so you'd have to drive directly at it to get hit and there are no stationary targets of relevance anywhere along the path, most of which is just ocean anyway.
    In particular, it isn't aiming anywhere even remotely close to significant Alliance cities. Depending on whether you use the ingame or chronicle map, it's aimed somewhere between Arathi and Menethil Harbor. It might not even be able to hit the same continent as SW.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They'd have to explain how it can hit anything when it's pointed at Nowhere, AZ, first. It can't turn, only pivot, so you'd have to drive directly at it to get hit and there are no stationary targets of relevance anywhere along the path, most of which is just ocean anyway.
    In particular, it isn't aiming anywhere even remotely close to significant Alliance cities. Depending on whether you use the ingame or chronicle map, it's aimed somewhere between Arathi and Menethil Harbor. It might not even be able to hit the same continent as SW.
    What / where can I read info about the leak?

The faction split means there's two factions, and they aren't getting merged into one. A Warcraft without Horde and Alliance is what he's talking about not happening.

Not so much that they can't interact more.
    With interaction you mean gameplay wise we can group with the characters to do content or you think lorewise? Either way this expansion was the last straw that broke the camel's back in the tolerance with the factions for the whole playerbase, nobody feels pride for being Horde or Alliance and even people pretend to fight more for KT, Zandalar or doing rp for their races. Honestly some event that kills both factions for good like the rampage of Arthas in WC3, that would be the best way to getting rid of them in an interesting story
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    With interaction you mean gameplay wise we can group with the characters to do content or you think lorewise? Either way this expansion was the last straw that broke the camel's back in the tolerance with the factions for the whole playerbase, nobody feels pride for being Horde or Alliance and even people pretend to fight more for KT, Zandalar or doing rp for their races. Honestly some event that kills both factions for good like the rampage of Arthas in WC3, that would be the best way to getting rid of them in an interesting story
    That's not interesting, that's demoralizing, we don't need that and people are gonna feel pride Alliance or Horde no matter what. Most of any anger is how the game plays then any faction frustration. The factions shouldn't be removed at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    What / where can I read info about the leak?
    Couple pages back had someone include the entire "leak".

Honestly, i wouldn't bother, it was worht more as a momentary distraction by way of pathetic laughs at its expense than anything resembling coherent thought.

With all this talk about the last hurrah for the faction conflict, I hope to hell, the other three conflict sources are done too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Nope. "Get rid of factions" people are a vocal minority, and not even that vocal either. Warcraft is faction based: that's something you have to deal with.

Anger is about mechanics, not factions. Very few people want one crappy homogenized faction like 99% of MMOs.

Really don’t want the factions to be dissolved into each other. I’d definitely love to be able to play as a Zandalari on alliance or a Tauren on alliance as I love those races visually but my wants don’t come before game mechanics. It would change the game too much in a bad way imo. Yes, it’d allow players from both sides to play with each other but the game has never had that and doesn’t need it. The current story we play through doesn’t need to be about factions warring with each other to be able to have faction problems.

Look at legion for example. I think this was a really good example of the “faction conflict” not really being too present but still being something that makes enough sense to remain in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The scale is all over the place anyway. But as i said, it would get rather boring fairly quickly so i don't think it's a good idea.

Can you click them off?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, given that they had to recreate it for classic, porting it to retail probably isn't much of an issue.
    Yes. But they used to only last 60 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't see how they are any different than other followers. Others had some abilities too. Sure they level and have quests but not different enough to hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I honestly don't see how they are any different than other followers. Others had some abilities too. Sure they level and have quests but not different enough to hype.
    I don't think they're really supposed to be. They're more of an evolution of the bodyguard concept, not some incredible new thing.

Nope. "Get rid of factions" people are a vocal minority, and not even that vocal either. Warcraft is faction based: that's something you have to deal with.

Anger is about mechanics, not factions. Very few people want one crappy homogenized faction like 99% of MMOs.
    And yet most of the major story complaints is about what topic? O right the factions. Seriously right now we got basically 3 faction of players all annoyed in the way the story has gone this expansion. You got the Sylvanas fans who dont believe she is acting anything like she normally would. You got the other part of the horde who hate the direction Sylvanas is taking the horde. And then you got the Alliance who are tired of playing second fiddle to the horde and has their stories dropped randomly.