Apologies in advance. I'll keep it short, promise, but I feel like I have to say it. Before the announcement of 8.2 I was kind of waiting for the game to become better (talked about the futility of that already, I know, my fault, etc), but after the announcement of 8.2, then the mind-bogglingly slow rollout of it, and zero news of any interest for a long time now, I am just not feeling anything. I don't really care about 8.2. Some new zones, cool, training bodyguards, okay. Meh. I don't know what's going to be in 8.3, but I figure it will be even less than 8.2, so... It is hard to care about the story. All this BFA business - from lore to gameplay - feels like a war that have been fought and lost.

I guess I'll see you all in this thread at Blizzcon. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Apologies in advance. I'll keep it short, promise, but I feel like I have to say it. Before the announcement of 8.2 I was kind of waiting for the game to become better (talked about the futility of that already, I know, my fault, etc), but after the announcement of 8.2, then the mind-bogglingly slow rollout of it, and zero news of any interest for a long time now, I am just not feeling anything. I don't really care about 8.2. Some new zones, cool, training bodyguards, okay. Meh. I don't know what's going to be in 8.3, but I figure it will be even less than 8.2, so... It is hard to care about the story. All this BFA business - from lore to gameplay - feels like a war that have been fought and lost.

I guess I'll see you all in this thread at Blizzcon. Maybe.
    Both Nazjatar and Mechagon seem pretty basic and pared down from what we were sold in interviews/dev videos. Unless something major changes in upcoming ptr builds (which I don't foresee), Nazjatar is just Argus 2.0 (and by 2.0, I really mean 1.0 since it doesn't do anything new on top of Argus content) and Mechagon is just TI 2.0 with a few new things on top of that formula, but nothing major.

This paired with:

1) Both zones are pretty boring visually
    2) No new armor sets / weapons for either of them
    3) Underwhelming mounts (bar the wheel in Mechagon)

Makes this patch a dud unless you like raiding (and from what we've heard, the new raid seems to be disappointing). We still have yet to see heroic Warfronts or the two new islands though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boring......You guys are playing a different game, Nazjatar is far from boring looking. Yeah it looks a bit Vash'ir looking but I'm sure most expected a similar view. There's no disappointment from the raid outside of your bubble. People are liking this more then 7.2.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Boring......You guys are playing a different game, Nazjatar is far from boring looking. Yeah it looks a bit Vash'ir looking but I'm sure most expected a similar view. There's no disappointment from the raid outside of your bubble. People are liking this more then 7.2.
    I'll admit, Nazjatar's visuals have grown on me - that being said, I don't think it comes anywhere close to what it could have been. Based on the preview videos from Preach and others, the raid looks pretty "safe" and uninteresting. Hopefully the Ashzara encounter is awesome.

And people liking this patch more than 7.2 is not a particularly high bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I'll admit, Nazjatar's visuals have grown on me - that being said, I don't think it comes anywhere close to what it could have been. Based on the preview videos from Preach and others, the raid looks pretty "safe" and uninteresting. Hopefully the Ashzara encounter is awesome.

And people liking this patch more than 7.2 is not a particularly high bar.
    I would rather a 7.2 not happen again(I mean getting to the Broken Shore was cool, just everything else was...eh). I don't know how anyone can think the raid looks High end content like Raids are usually at the top of their game(Dragon Soul not included cause reasons). If there's any misgivings I have about WoW is the world content(It was World quests and that was an issue since Legion but I've said it more then once).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Essences are absolutely sick. I want that patch so badly!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it makes things messy.

i'm a person that likes order. maybe cause i'm autistic or something, idk. but having neat, orderly categorization is nice.

when you've got death magic looking like void, looking like fel, looking like whatever else, what's the point of it existing? why not just say it's those powers instead? it's dumb.
    I think this is very much something you care about and absolutely no-one else does, I'm afraid.

For my money, having all the spell FX for a particularly "type" of magic look too similar, be an identical colour, and so on, actually sucks balls. Big salty balls. A good example is Monk healing. Everything is the same goddamn aqua sort of colour. It's downright depressing how identical and narrow it all looks. Druid nukes got more boring when all they all started being sun or moon themed, and when anything green or insect-related got hard-deleted (fucking give back Insect Swarm, it was far more visually interesting). And this whole deal where casters use only one school and all their spells have this really narrow range of looks blows.

At least locks have a couple of colours going on, rather than just the same exact bloody shade of one colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think this is very much something you care about and absolutely no-one else does, I'm afraid.

For my money, having all the spell FX for a particularly "type" of magic look too similar, be an identical colour, and so on, actually sucks balls. Big salty balls. A good example is Monk healing. Everything is the same goddamn aqua sort of colour. It's downright depressing how identical and narrow it all looks. Druid nukes got more boring when all they all started being sun or moon themed, and when anything green or insect-related got hard-deleted (fucking give back Insect Swarm, it was far more visually interesting). And this whole deal where casters use only one school and all their spells have this really narrow range of looks blows.

At least locks have a couple of colours going on, rather than just the same exact bloody shade of one colour.
    idk what kind of a smoothbrain needs the same type of magic to look different to be entertained...

if it looks different, why make the same type of magic? excluding nature shit, and things like artificial arcane fire and frost, there's 0 reason for an arcane blast to be pinkish in one instance and an arcane rune purple, other than a lack of giving any kind of shit about world consistency.

some true 0.1 IQ smoothbrain level of competency.

Infracted: Flaming {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-22 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk what kind of a smoothbrain needs the same type of magic to look different to be entertained...

if it looks different, why make the same type of magic? excluding nature shit, and things like artificial arcane fire and frost, there's 0 reason for an arcane blast to be pinkish in one instance and an arcane rune purple, other than a lack of giving any kind of shit about world consistency.

Nice, insults to get your point across. Arcane has always had more then one color associated to it. Nature damage has a lot of green in it which Fel shares the same color, which is fine. There's a lot of variety in Nature IRL so its not bad. Comparing Nature to a mage school like Fire and Frost is different cause it's a small venue then compared to Nature which is pretty much fire, water, earth air etc etc.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Elunes a titan soul within azeroths moon?

7+ Year Old Account

Geeez, that's such a non issue, I don't even anymore. Oh well, another thing on the looong list of features derpkitteh hates.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-05-22 at 07:21 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Nice, insults to get your point across. Arcane has always had more then one color associated to it. Nature damage has a lot of green in it which Fel shares the same color, which is fine. There's a lot of variety in Nature IRL so its not bad. Comparing Nature to a mage school like Fire and Frost is different cause it's a small venue then compared to Nature which is pretty much fire, water, earth air etc etc.
    nature isn't the elemental magics.

nature is specifically plantlife and nature energy itself. there's no real clear reason why nature magic is specifically different from spirit energy, they're both just life energy.

to be clear, i don't have a problem with a mage using frost, fire, and arcane in the same spec. that's not my issue. in fact, i would rather they do that with the mage class, let us finally be true archmages since we had the title.

i'm talking about the base raw energies themselves. fel, arcane, death, void, light. these should all be singular colors, and then if you do something different with them, like mages do by forming fire and frost from arcane magic(they don't use true elemental magic), then lets them have a different color. but the base energy itself, let that have a single signifying color.

only small brain, low iq people need pretty colors flashing everywhere. real people appreciate internal world consistency. this isn't a capeshit movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Geeez, that's such a non issue, I don't even anymore. Oh well, another thing on the looong list of features derpkitteh hates.
    It's not like it is without theme, either. But it depends on the caster, not the type of magic. Drust magic looks all the same, so does Necromancer magic. But they look different from each other(and from Bwonsamdi's magic) despite all being Death magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    nature isn't the elemental magics.

nature is specifically plantlife and nature energy itself. there's no real clear reason why nature magic is specifically different from spirit energy, they're both just life energy.

to be clear, i don't have a problem with a mage using frost, fire, and arcane in the same spec. that's not my issue. in fact, i would rather they do that with the mage class, let us finally be true archmages since we had the title.

i'm talking about the base raw energies themselves. fel, arcane, death, void, light. these should all be singular colors, and then if you do something different with them, like mages do by forming fire and frost from arcane magic(they don't use true elemental magic), then lets them have a different color. but the base energy itself, let that have a single signifying color.

only small brain, low iq people need pretty colors flashing everywhere. real people appreciate internal world consistency. this isn't a capeshit movie.
    So basically insulting people again....ok... I'm done with this.

Maybe Elunes a titan soul within azeroths moon?
    It would mean she's a Titan and I doubt the Titans would miss that when ordering Azeroth, short of a retcon.

Warrior-Magi

So basically insulting people again....ok... I'm done with this.
    i'm not insulting people, just the general idea

there's plenty of capeshit movies out there with oh so random le epic moments, if you want something to flash all the colors of the rainbow.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just got a 2-3GB PTR patch.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    I just got a 2-3GB PTR patch.
    yeah ivé got the same

Didn't pay much attention to size, but got a patch too.
    i'm not insulting people, just the general idea
    I don't know where you're from, but where i live, that's insulting people, not ideas.

You're not calling the idea stupid. You're calling the people that like it stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Didn't pay much attention to size, but got a patch too.

I don't know where you're from, but where i live, that's insulting people, not ideas.

You're not calling the idea stupid. You're calling the people that like it stupid.
    I think she wants to say that it is stupid and people that like it are stupid.