The world map is sadly a problem Blizz dug themselves into, with no discernible way out short of just a retcon of the ingame world map. Personally i am for making the continents more true to their real size, though i suppose for ingame purposes the system we have now with all continents being the same ingame to map scale.

I will be very salty if Blizz does not give us a proper interactible Nazjatar on the world map. I could accept it with Argus since it would have been annoying to swap back and forth, but BfA already has that problem with having to change between KT and Zandalar.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to think that Nazjatar being an interactible icon from the KT map is just a QoL feature at the moment, what with there being no other way to enter the map beyond going to Nazjatar and opening the map. Mechagon is also not on the world map next to KT even though it should be, so i assume Blizz has just not finalized the new world map design.

June 11-18th is my bet.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    Is there going to be some tangible benefit from using them other than some extra damage? Like gold or AP? I still find it bizarre that they just killed that system from Legion until 8.2.
    Those caches gave me some gold and ap yes, as well as sometimes giving me some sort of supplies for Arathi Highlands (I assume it's the heroic version), prismatic manacrystals and some reagents. Overall I find them fun enough, and I like their little interactions with the world around them, talking to a certain npc you just saved in a quest or telling you about a specific area's history.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think people here have complained about that, making the original continents smaller so they can fill the world map up.
    Honestly wouldn't mind if they made the map scroll-able and preserved the sizes either. But maybe this is a very small minority opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    My bet is on July 2nd when FFXIV next expac starts. They did the same with Stormblood an 7.2 or 7.3, don't remember exactly.
    Ignoring again how silly it would be to launch opposing a competitor's expansion, Blizzard is US-based, they wouldn't put out a new patch just before July 4th, when lots of people will have time off.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I wish they didn't mind making the continents slightly smaller as they add more. Gives the sense of a "growing world" and then clicking on one to have it blown up into its zones would make the "map world" appear massive.
    They do. The current continents wouldn't fit on the map otherwise.

So do you guys think something is going to come next week, maybe a mini-plot leading up to 8.2 or something?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291906....ayers#comments

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    So do you guys think something is going to come next week, maybe a mini-plot leading up to 8.2 or something?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291906....ayers#comments
    Maybe not next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a mini-questchain leading to 8.2. Maybe horde will get their own exclusive mini-question like the alliance did on the broken shore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    June 11-18th is my bet.
    I think essences need more tuning.

It feels like 18th is the EARLIEST, my b-day is on the 25th so i'd be fine with that.

June 2nd is shadowbringers release, so ive been saying either the patch or the raid will release this day.

5+ Year Old Account
    The mechagnomess got a ton of custom animations now. Even emotechicken, and for some reason a custom cry emote. Also their laugh emote is amazing. Come to think about it most of their custom emotes are amazing. I really want to see how their voice is different from regular gnomes. Maybe they'll have a british accent, or sound more like junk rat.

Regardless, they're pretty much confirmed at this point. I hope they get an interesting class option at least to make them more worthwhile playing, like shaman or druid

A question to people playing Nazjatar/Mechagon on the PTR - how fast are the reputation gains compared to Kul'tiras/Zandalar? Realistically, how long do you think based on your gameplay experience it will take to get both to Revered for flying?
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-05-24 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    A question to people playing Nazjatar/Mechagon on the PTR - how fast are the reputation gains compared to Kul'tiras/Zandalar? Realistically, how long do you think based on your gameplay experience it will take to get both to Revered for flying?
    well, apparently there is only a handful of quests a day in Najatar and then you have to hunt rares for rep to get anywhere. so its gonna depend on how much time you put in.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    The mechagnomess got a ton of custom animations now. Even emotechicken, and for some reason a custom cry emote. Also their laugh emote is amazing. Come to think about it most of their custom emotes are amazing. I really want to see how their voice is different from regular gnomes. Maybe they'll have a british accent, or sound more like junk rat.

Regardless, they're pretty much confirmed at this point. I hope they get an interesting class option at least to make them more worthwhile playing, like shaman or druid
    People were saying earlier that druid and shaman options would make them incredibly interesting. Shaman similar to goblins, and transformer druids. Not sure how the lore would be, but certainly interesting.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    well, apparently there is only a handful of quests a day in Najatar and then you have to hunt rares for rep to get anywhere. so its gonna depend on how much time you put in.
    There will probably also be a Nazjatar emissary, and hopefully Mechagon emissary? Does Mechagon have world quests or no?

Maybe not next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a mini-questchain leading to 8.2. Maybe horde will get their own exclusive mini-question like the alliance did on the broken shore
    Wasn't the Vol'jin questline supposed to be the extra mini questline?

1. Alliance mini-quest on Broken Shore was the counterpart to the Horde-only "Sylvanas becomes Warchief" cinematic that was part of the Legion prepatch. Yes, Alliance got a few quests and some extra Artifact Power, but the point of that story was to show the cinematic, and Horde had its counterpart shown months before that.

2. BfA has given the Horde a lot of extra questlines without an Alliance counterpart, including:
    - Summoning Vol'jin's spirit and receiving the quest to kill G'huun, culminating in Talanji showing Vol'jin glaive with G'huun's blood to the Zandalari.
    - Saurfang questline where you track him and have the choice to side with him or Sylvanas.
    - Investigating Vol'jin's death and why he appointed Sylvanas as warchief, guest-starring the Lich King and Eyir.

No to mention all the Saurfang cinematics.

And I bet the Horde-exclusive stuff won't end there.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of that cinematic, I wonder if Blizzard wasn't hinting anything about Outland when Saurfang mentioning it in comparison to the Horde(As in dying).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Speaking of that cinematic, I wonder if Blizzard wasn't hinting anything about Outland when Saurfang mentioning it in comparison to the Horde(As in dying).
    Cinematic gets me hype everytime! Just that feeling of "setting things right" as Thrall picks up and puts the axe over his shoulder with that small grin from Saurfang.

The descriptions used for Outland were "looks good, but it's wrong, broken, falling apart". You mean Blizzard trying to say Outland is getting worse? Maybe. Nagrand definitely looks to be the least affected besides the floating patches of land. Always reminded me of DBZ worlds in the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Cinematic gets me hype everytime! Just that feeling of "setting things right" as Thrall picks up and puts the axe over his shoulder with that small grin from Saurfang.

The descriptions used for Outland were "looks good, but it's wrong, broken, falling apart". You mean Blizzard trying to say Outland is getting worse? Maybe. Nagrand definitely looks to be the least affected besides the floating patches of land. Always reminded me of DBZ worlds in the afterlife.
    Yes, Thrall's reintroduction was nice. I only hope they don't make him green Jesus again, but a part of the team. His interaction with his sister Geya'rah should be interesting if Blizzard cares to do it right.

Outland falling apart(even if very slowly) was my impression, too. It might be the hint of a future storyline(along with AU Draenor dying), or just a reminder that this place isn't forgotten and that something happens there(as many items starting quests in the Island Expeditions are). One way or another, this place has potential.

They also seem to have modified idle animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody