Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    In PvP Mages mainly kite but use some opportunities to let spells off closer to the target such as novas or blinking way past someone. Yet in Raids Mages ofc stay ranged.
    Both of your examples are used for the express purpose of getting out of melee. This is typically done because melee specs naturally try to get into it, not because the mage wants them there.

If you can do everything outside of melee range at full effectiveness, there's inherently no incentive not to. Getting into melee range just means you're subject to additional danger.
    So to have a spec with the style you seek, you can't be at full effectiveness while staying at range, but that means you have to do it in raids. And unless the range abilities only work at range, the spec would likely just stay in melee full-time there, making it effectively just a melee spec.

Survival works because a melee having some range capability is helpful, especially when the target refuses to stay near you.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It's just dissapointing about both Argus and Nazjatar. Especially Nazjatar - we've been waiting for Azshara and her Naga to return for 10 years. Most people wanted a fully fledged South Seas expansion.

Instead we got a forced Faction War and a ham-fisted way of recruiting a bunch of weird Races and two Races with a Navy to support that forced War. We got terrible Island Expeditions instead of actual Island exploration.

Now we get Nazjatar..... The seat of all Naga power and home of the most powerful Mortal(?) Mage on the planet, Azshara.... Reduced to a generic WQ zone with a raid. It didn't even come with a new dungeon either.
    You put all my BfA concerns in one short post.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Shakes head* Not being what someone envisioned doesn't mean bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Both of your examples are used for the express purpose of getting out of melee. This is typically done because melee specs naturally try to get into it, not because the mage wants them there.

If you can do everything outside of melee range at full effectiveness, there's inherently no incentive not to. Getting into melee range just means you're subject to additional danger.
    So to have a spec with the style you seek, you can't be at full effectiveness while staying at range, but that means you have to do it in raids. And unless the range abilities only work at range, the spec would likely just stay in melee full-time there, making it effectively just a melee spec.

Survival works because a melee having some range capability is helpful, especially when the target refuses to stay near you.
    Idk I think you're being too tough on the idea still. I can see a Ranger class being in melee to do some atk combos that can slow an enemy to get distance and while that slow debuff is on the enemy their ranged atks become more powerful, something as simple as that.

It could be that instead of using traps as the mechanic for putting status effects on someone, it is their melee combos that do that, and then various ranged abilities be used on top to either push some new status effects based on existing status effects or push some more damage.

Also I think moving in/out could be a part of it but just used way less frequently and not be able to "have momentum" when performing the action. I feel like momentum was hated because of how frequently you're supposed to be doing it in combat and the buff only lasting such a short amount of time.

Anyways though! I do see there would be issues to be ironed out, I also think it is a class concept that could work though. But I don't want to keep digressing, we've already gone far more than I wanted to with this topic.

I just think the game could use a Ranger concept that's more like Alleria/Sylvanas/Legolas etc that's currently not served by the Hunter.

Now we get Nazjatar..... The seat of all Naga power and home of the most powerful Mortal(?) Mage on the planet, Azshara.... Reduced to a generic WQ zone with a raid. It didn't even come with a new dungeon either.
    As opposed to, what exactly? Did previous important lore bosses really have more? Illidan, the Lich King and Deathwing had their raids, and relevance in levelup zones due to being expansion bosses. Sure, e.g. the ICC dungeons had some lore, but that was mainly Ick's post-encounter mention of Frostmourne being "unguarded" (basically a lie, or at least underestimation of the blade's self defense) and the intro RP of HoR. That could've been shown in a solo/3man scenario as well (which weren't introduced yet)

Yes, Azshara didn't get more time in the spotlight this expansion, but for that I blame those that previously whined about how "Warcraft" isn't about the HvA conflict anymore. Otherwise, Uldir could've been shorter and/or the Emerald Nightmare of BfA, with Battle of Dazar'Alor as the culmination of the first tier, but revealing a larger, more pressing Old God threat than what we've seen so far, with the faction conflict being resolved in questing/scenario content during the second tier. Maybe a status of "we should deal with this larger threat first, together, and afterwards, we'll have a talk" (during the end of expansion lull or prepatch of the next one)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    "WAR IN WARCRAFT11111111111111111111111111111"

Remember that before Mist came out. Which is kind of weird. Was our war against the Legion in Outland not classified a war? Same with our war with Death itself(In this case the Scourge). When we waged battle against the Twilight Hammer and Deathwing? Certainly a war. Fighting the Iron Horde, and once again pushing back the Legion and eliminating demons on Argus.

Thats all war. Anybody using the "There's no War in Warcraft anymore" line or something similar is lying or just being dishonest and should be discarded. I doubt nobody is saying there shouldn't be Alliance and Horde development on their own(As in stuff that goes on in their side). Pitting the playerbase against one another is well....

We do that IRL enough as it is and I think its better to allow that on a small scale because there will always be ppl who want that but we shouldn't make it as a big plot arc(I don't hate it personally but it gets tiring fast fighting among other players).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-05-27 at 04:57 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop using the word "naysayers". It's ridiculous and pathetic.

Class Design is fucking awful in WoW right now. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who wasn't a full blown addict in shining white armour who doesn't share this sentiment.
    Might I ask specifically what about "naysayers" (which is in the dictionary) is ridiculous and pathetic? It feels more appropriate and less dehumanizing to me than "full blown addict in shining white armour" as a phrase, but perhaps I'm missing something.

As for the class design, it has a lot of flaws. Not disagreeing there. Blizz really made some weird choices for Shaman and Shadow Priest in particular (though the Shadow Priest weird choices where there already in Legion).

If they had totally revamped class design and the return of real talent trees and RPG elements you would see a VERY positive reaction.
    From some people, sure. There are a lot of players that would be interested in that and it may well be better overall. But there would be a lot of doubt, in part fueled by the Shaman revamp expected for 8.1 that never showed up. And am I wrong that there would also be a lot who would be at Blizzcon asking "why didn't you give us a new class?" Not having something like that for Blizzcon feels like a marketing disaster waiting to happen.

PS. Selling new character models as an expansion feature WAS a fucking cop out. That shit should have happened naturally and not as a fucking "feature".
    Gonna disagree with you here. Letting it happen naturally would work perhaps for a couple at a time, but given how many there were and the challenges of making sure they matched and didn't turn people away from the game, it's hard for me to call that a cop out. Plus, doing it naturally would have felt kind of awful for those races not yet updated.
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2019-05-27 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Updating wording.

When will this patch 8.2 be on the official server ?

Quote Originally Posted by kkynioo View Post
    When will this patch 8.2 be on the official server ?
    My hope is that we will hear around week end, when it may drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "WAR IN WARCRAFT11111111111111111111111111111"

Remember that before Mist came out. Which is kind of weird. Was our war against the Legion in Outland not classified a war? Same with our war with Death itself(In this case the Scourge). When we waged battle against the Twilight Hammer and Deathwing? Certainly a war. Fighting the Iron Horde, and once again pushing back the Legion and eliminating demons on Argus.

Thats all war. Anybody using the "There's no War in Warcraft anymore" line or something similar is lying or just being dishonest and should be discarded. I doubt nobody is saying there shouldn't be Alliance and Horde development on their own(As in stuff that goes on in their side). Pitting the playerbase against one another is well....

We do that IRL enough as it is and I think its better to allow that on a small scale because there will always be ppl who want that but we shouldn't make it as a big plot arc(I don't hate it personally but it gets tiring fast fighting among other players).
    I agree in all.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

As I am going with the 18th of June for 8.2 to hit live servers. It's interesting, some players pointed out with shutting Recruit a Friend down, it may need to patch the game. But I am quite sceptical since the week of the 11th of June has the WQ Weekly Event, which could help boosting rep for flying, but I don't think Blizzard woud shorten their content in such a way.

Are you actually saying that The Broken Shore with a coat of paint is a good way to portray Nazjatar in game? After all this time?

Or could they have possibly done a bit more here? Like they claimed they would.
    I'm sorry are you really comparing broken shore (a map that was already there btw) to Nazjatar????

I think today is 77 days since MOTHER was parked in her new home. So maybe release date today?

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I think today is 77 days since MOTHER was parked in her new home. So maybe release date today?
    That was almost definitely a callback to the "77 day rule" in Legion, not a serious claim.

Oh cool! I just found out we will see Ozumat again in Nazjatar. Too bad that he seems to play no big role.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Oh cool! I just found out we will see Ozumat again in Nazjatar. Too bad that he seems to play no big role.
    That seems to be the running theme for Nazjatar.
    Characters who should be there are missing in favor of new characters with no prior buildup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That seems to be the running theme for Nazjatar.
    Characters who should be there are missing in favor of new characters with no prior buildup.
    In all fairness, Tyrande wouldn't bother working with her Nightborne counterpart(No way in hell if she was the Night Warrior, she'd sooner fight).

Warrior-Magi

Considering the Horde and Alliance are both temporarily on a truce in Nazjatar, I see why they didn't bring in Tyrande. She became the avatar of vengeance to fight the Horde, and I still think she's pissed over the uhh.. tree thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In all fairness, Tyrande wouldn't bother working with her Nightborne counterpart(No way in hell if she was the Night Warrior, she'd sooner fight).
    I am more so talking about my naga Waifu Nar'jira

Not like adding her would be such a massive lore problem anyways.
    Just rename the first boss to Nar'jira and give some handwavey explanation of how she did not use magic until she got her crabperson form.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also the fact that Blizz could at least have given us Umbric as well. At least then we have parity in the number of important elves who should have some interest in Nazjatar on each side. And not 2 leaders on Horde side with loads of motivation and 1 night elf b-list character on Alliance.
    Suppose i should be happy Blizz at least gave us Shandris. given the treatment Blizz has given night elves in BfA with the tiny exception of the cool cinematic in 8.1 i could easily assume Blizz had forgotten they existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Nar'jira not being there would of been nice for those that remember that Vash'ir questline(I still do). Umbric always strikes me as some nervous dude who REALLY wants to impress us with his Elves(Void elves) and not screw up. I dunno, I feel bad for him. If some speculation I've seen is true, something IS happening aside from N'zoth coming up to say hi.

Warrior-Magi