Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Of course there's a change. Sylvanas isn't staying Warchief no matter if she lives or dies. I was simply thinking more along the lines of Baine, or if they want to come out of left-field then Lor'themar lol.
    It's not going to be Lor'themar, because the reaction would be, to quite one of Tolkien's friends who he read LotR to: "By god, not another bloody elf!". I know we all love Lor'themar because he's sensible and decent and so on, but I think we're about done with fancy wine-drinking elves, especially ones with fancy goatees, leading the SAVAGE HORDE.

Baine is totally viable. Not sure why everyone is so certain it won't be Thrall, and would be interested to hear the reasoning on that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Baine is totally viable. Not sure why everyone is so certain it won't be Thrall, and would be interested to hear the reasoning on that.
    Thrall himself doesn't want it. But also I think it's important for the Horde to get some youngblood, and that is Baine. I think he's the "youngest" in terms of the rest of the potential Horde Warchiefs.

WoW is soon heading into new territory with their story. Old villains are almost all gone, they're rumbling up potential new ones, just like older heroes are also being laid to rest or have been laid to rest. It's kind of like ushering in a new era of the Warcraft universe.

I would find it interesting to see how he leads the Horde while trying to maintain his friendship with Anduin.

What I thought was the most "unWarcraft-like" things was in the BFA release trailer, when they had the CG battle at Lordaeron, and after Anduin reinvigorates his troops he says the "for the alliance" and gives a god damn smirk at Sylvanas and she gives a curt smirk back like this is some friendly boxing match but all the troops are literally killing each other @_@!

Lol always thought that was one of the most stark "this is a video game" moments. I know the message is supposed to emulate the friendly rivalry between the players, but to me it came off as really silly.

Anyone has a clue if it's known how the panels and programs look from Blizzard at the Denver Pop Culture Con?

10+ Year Old Account
    Talanji wouldn't be the one to resolve the war. She'd still feel bitter over the Alliance's assault on Dazal'alor. Baine is more likely to be Warchief
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

what is 4th afix for 8.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Um, thanks, yes I did play WC3 at the time it came out. Good information I guess?

Perhaps your unspoken implication is that they're going to reverse back into that position? What would that look like? Would the NEs and Forsaken each stand alone? Where the Alliance and Horde had a whole bunch of races? Or would they rope another race or three in?

I mean, NE + Worgen is a fairly natural pairing, but it's not going to happen whilst Genn lives - he's too loyal to Anduin. And I don't see anyone siding with the Forsaken.
    The forsaken could have dead variations of the other races...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I've always wondered why this hasn't been added. Why are there no Forsaken members of any other race other than Human? At the beginning it made sense because they were the Humans of Lordaeron who were saved by Sylvanas, but they've been raising corpses for years now. Surely there are undead....everything at this point?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    I've always wondered why this hasn't been added. Why are there no Forsaken members of any other race other than Human? At the beginning it made sense because they were the Humans of Lordaeron who were saved by Sylvanas, but they've been raising corpses for years now. Surely there are undead....everything at this point?
    Blizzard is lazy and for just rezzing night elves, the alliance went crazy and cried a river of salt in the forums for that. The writers and devs are staying in low profile after 8.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I guess the problem is they would basically just be death knight models unless they made every race hunched over with bones showing as well. I guess blood elf forsaken could have a model like the Withered in Isle of Quel'danas and Night elves we already have with BFA except aren't they just night elves but with spooky eyes? I only did the darkshore warfront twice.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-30 at 01:50 AM.

BFA nearly killed wow, glad this expansion will be over soon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Blizzard is lazy and for just rezzing night elves, the alliance went crazy and cried a river of salt in the forums for that. The writers and devs are staying in low profile after 8.1
    ...Except they aren't, they're pretty active and they don't take feedback from just their own forum.

I guess the problem is they would basically just be death knight models unless they made every race hunched over with bones showing as well. I guess blood elf forsaken could have a model like the Withered in Isle of Quel'danas and Night elves we already have with BFA except aren't they just night elves but with spooky eyes? I only did the darkshore warfront twice.
    They would basically be Undead Night Elves which outside of the Scourge doing it, this is a new development for the Forsaken even if I find how Sira Moonwarden's turn is...well dumb.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-05-30 at 02:06 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Good news for people wanting things popping up on Nazjatar that isn't WQs or dailies, it looks like they finally fixed the random events that pop up and are now testable.

Edit: And it looks like there's more dailies available... a lot more.
    Odd people have been saying the zone was set in stone for weeks now how could such great minds possibly be wrong?

5+ Year Old Account
    As much as it would "make sense" they won't do this because of gameplay reasons. Getting to be every single type of race but "dead"? That's way too much choice than what Blizzard's letting allowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Odd people have been saying the zone was set in stone for weeks now how could such great minds possibly be wrong?
    I heard it's pretty "sandboxy" now. How true is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Except they aren't, they're pretty active and they don't take feedback from just their own forum.

They would basically be Undead Night Elves which outside of the Scourge doing it, this is a new development for the Forsaken even if I find how Sira Moonwarden's turn is...well dumb.
    Yeh originally wasn't Sylvanas and her Valkyr limited to only raising humans? What changed?? I don't remember an explanation for that.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lose/lose proposition for Blizzard, because Forsaken humans have unique models and animations. If they were just reskinned humans this would already have happened.

But if they simply reskin existing models and use their animations, which pretty much all do have undead skins, people will call them lazy and moan endlessly, even if they give them unique voice emotes, jokes and so on the crying would never stop.

But if they did unique animation rigs and/or models for all the races, as well as unique voice stuff, that would be literally the same effort as creating the same number of non-undead new races, maybe very slightly less, but huge effort anyway. And people would still moan and cry and say lazy if they didn't also have unique racials for each kind of undead. And if they didn't do every single race? They get called lazy.

It lose/lose. They lose a lot less by not doing it, though. Maxrokur's post illustrates my point perfectly. He immediately calls them lazy, without even considering the effort or complexity, because that is the knee jerk reaction of many WoW players. If Blizzard doesn't do the thing the player thinks they should, its "lazy blizz lol" regardless of how big the challenge or amount of content demanded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Talanji wouldn't be the one to resolve the war. She'd still feel bitter over the Alliance's assault on Dazal'alor. Baine is more likely to be Warchief
    I agree, but Talanji certainly has some fun potential for future Horde stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Thrall himself doesn't want it. But also I think it's important for the Horde to get some youngblood, and that is Baine. I think he's the "youngest" in terms of the rest of the potential Horde Warchiefs.
    Thank you! Makes sense I guess. Thrall's arc is basically done. The Orcs will still need a leader or representative though and I feel like it isn't going to be Saurfang.

So Ion is doubling down on the statement that 8.2 is basically this expansion's 7.3/Argus patch. Honestly, what do they have in store for 8.3 then? It's super unlikely 8.3 will top 8.2 when it comes to content and all that stuff. They're putting so much into 8.2 that one must come to the conclusion 8.3 will be rather small and act more like a cataclys for 9.0 than a wrap up for BfA.

Just let's think about this, what can 8.3 basically be? I think we can quite agree it won't be N'zoth as he's too big of a villain to be wasted in a small(er) patch. So it'll be most likely faction war related or some weird Dragon Island stuff?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-05-30 at 03:44 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh originally wasn't Sylvanas and her Valkyr limited to only raising humans? What changed?? I don't remember an explanation for that.
    To be fair, we never knew if she was limited to it, we assumed as that was the only things that were shown to be raised, but it was indeed shown that it didn't worked with the Worgen

They never said she was limited to humans, they only showed that worgen were immune to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So Ion is doubling down on the statement that 8.2 is basically this expansion's 7.3/Argus patch. Honestly, what do they have in store for 8.3 then? It's super unlikely 8.3 will top 8.2 when it comes to content and all that stuff. They're putting so much into 8.2 that one must come to the conclusion 8.3 will be rather small and act more like a cataclys for 9.0 than a wrap up for BfA.

Just let's think about this, what can 8.3 basically be? I think we can quite agree it won't be N'zoth as he's too big of a villain to be wasted in a small(er) patch. So it'll be most likely faction war related or some weird Dragon Island stuff?
    Completely agree. WoW almost always has one big patch per expansion and that almost certainly this time is 8.2. Using N'Zoth and Ny'alotha/Black Empire would be a complete waste unless 8.3 turns out to be the size of 8.2, which again is unlikely. Given how Blizz has also used the last raiding tier to both tie up the current story and lead into the next expansion, we'll likely need something that does both. As we don't want to waste such a solid continent as Ny'alotha or the like on 8.3, it's better if we can use lands that already exist or at least lands that won't take too long to bring in.

With that in mind, here's a couple ways I could see it going. Note that these aren't the ideas I'd necessarily want, just ways I could see it going:

1. Sylvanas chooses to make her big move by attacking Stormwind, separately from the Horde using her loyalists. The Alliance & Horde work together to try and drive Sylvanas' forces out of Stormwind, with either her or Alleria dying in the process. This death brings forth the rest of the Old Gods via mcguffin that leads into 9.0. Most of the world questing is moved to the main continents to seal up the war.

2. While each side has seen the benefit to peace, they are not yet there. The Alliance attacks Silvermoon to drive the Blood Elves out of EK, while the Horde moves towards Azuremyst and the Exodar. The raids are set up in these specific areas and use similar bosses with different skins, much like we see in BoD. At the end of each raid, the Sunwell comes under attack and the sides work together to fight off Sylvanas (who has brought Xalatath to the Sunwell). The results of this free the other Old Gods, leading to 9.0. World Quests are in Azuremyst and Quel'thalas respectively.

3. Calia comes back to help fight back against Sylvanas, while Sylvanas escapes into the Shadowlands with Xalatath. Both sides follow her into Thros/Helheim where we fight Helya, Gorak Tul, and many other death-related at their full strength. Sylvanas' actions lead into a death/Shadowlands/Lich King related 9.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be a simple answer and I doubt 8.3 is going to somehow small, probably the same we expect from big content patches.

Warrior-Magi