Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am pretty sure there was an announcement saying there would be no new allied race in 8.2.5.
    There never was anything about 8.2.5. The only thing Blizzard ever said about 8.2.5 was the worgen and goblin models.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    There never was anything about 8.2.5. The only thing Blizzard ever said about 8.2.5 was the worgen and goblin models.
    I could have sworn they specifically mentioned 8.2.5 in response to there being new allied races. Even without that, i stick ot my point regarding Horde presence on Mechagon and Mechagnomes becoming Alliance in the same patch.

Once 8.2.5 comes out on the PTR we will find out, i guess. Not like i desperately need 8.2.5 to not have any allied races, i would happily like to be proven wrong.

I could have sworn they specifically mentioned 8.2.5 in response to there being new allied races. Even without that, i stick ot my point regarding Horde presence on Mechagon and Mechagnomes becoming Alliance in the same patch.

Once 8.2.5 comes out on the PTR we will find out, i guess. Not like i desperately need 8.2.5 to not have any allied races, i would happily like to be proven wrong.
    They said there won't be one in 8.2. They didn't say anything about 8.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think 8.2.5 will be:

Worgen and Goblin models and heritage armor;
    Vulpera and mechagnome allied races (sounds unlikely? Yes, but I think they will)
    New Warfront (I guess Azuremyst)
    More war campaign

8.3 will have the story conclusion and the final raid
    8.3.5 will have the last allied race pair (betting on ogres/mok'nathal for Horde), some preorder bonus for 9.0
    Why would we fight Azuremyst, nightelfs won on Darshore so why would the fight continue there?
    If anything its more like that we fight Ashenvale or Azshara. Maybe Dustwallow...

We have gotten an allied race pair in every .5 patch since they were introduced, it's pretty clear by now that's the plan for BfA. (Dark iron and Maghar were essentially 8.0.5 because they were the only allied races locked behind a reputation that had to be earned the same patch they became available).

Vulpera and mechagnomes are more or less ready to ship out. I fully expect them to happen in 8.2.5.

Just to repeat it again quickly, the problem with Vulpera/Mechagnomes in 8.2.5 is that it clashes with the Horde still technically being in Mechagon helping. 8.2.5 would have to add new content in other zones to prevent this problem, and i don't think a .5 patch is going to add enough stuff to "invalidate" the zone you are currently in.

Vulpera are about as allied to the horde as the steamwheedles are.

Just to repeat it again quickly, the problem with Vulpera/Mechagnomes in 8.2.5 is that it clashes with the Horde still technically being in Mechagon helping. 8.2.5 would have to add new content in other zones to prevent this problem, and i don't think a .5 patch is going to add enough stuff to "invalidate" the zone you are currently in.
    I understand your thoughts but even with Legion 7.3.5 Argus and the Broken Isles were not that unimportant and we could play either as Lighforged or Nightborne. The war wasn't really dawning at this point and the High Mountains decided to choose for their kind giving up Neutrality and therefor risking conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    I understand your thoughts but even with Legion 7.3.5 Argus and the Broken Isles were not that unimportant and we could play either as Lighforged or Nightborne. The war wasn't really dawning at this point and the High Mountains decided to choose for their kind giving up Neutrality and therefor risking conflicts.
    When the Legion allied races came out the players were technically back on Azeroth though. The implication seemed to be that we were in pre-expansion land.
    Even with that, the only one that truly would have clashed completely with the setting would have been LF Draenei, the players had already left the Broken Isles ages ago, in lore, noone but the Hunter order hall and Highmountain tauren were in Highmountain for instance.

I do see your point though, even if i think the faction divide is far more severe now than it was back in 7.3.5. Back then Sylvanas had not yet burned down Teldrassil. If Mechagnomes join in 8.2.5 then we have to assume they are immediately thrown into the knowledge that the people they just harbored are now their most bitter enemies on account of them commiting genocide, which would not be the first time this was handwaved, but still. A bit of a tough pill to swallow.

That being said, i would love to be wrong, i would not play Mechagnomes, especially with worgen getting an update and Heritage armor, but i would love that extra bit of content and a higher chance of getting Ankoan in 8.3.5.

When the Legion allied races came out the players were technically back on Azeroth though. The implication seemed to be that we were in pre-expansion land.
    Even with that, the only one that truly would have clashed completely with the setting would have been LF Draenei, the players had already left the Broken Isles ages ago, in lore, noone but the Hunter order hall and Highmountain tauren were in Highmountain for instance.

I do see your point though, even if i think the faction divide is far more severe now than it was back in 7.3.5. Back then Sylvanas had not yet burned down Teldrassil. If Mechagnomes join in 8.2.5 then we have to assume they are immediately thrown into the knowledge that the people they just harbored are now their most bitter enemies on account of them commiting genocide, which would not be the first time this was handwaved, but still. A bit of a tough pill to swallow.

That being said, i would love to be wrong, i would not play Mechagnomes, especially with worgen getting an update and Heritage armor, but i would love that extra bit of content and a higher chance of getting Ankoan in 8.3.5.
    And maybe it could be rooted out, that they will accept the Horde on Mechagon for time being if they don't start trouble. They could lorewise increase on watching the Horde, but let them minding ther buisness cause they helped out saving them.

Also I would say Rustbolt is the important hub on the ground, but I guess Mechagon City still would work as capital and starting zone for the Junker Gnomes. They just could simply don't give Horde lorewise entrance to MG City.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-06-14 at 05:08 PM.

I cant be the only one that wants just reskinned existing races?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

8.2.5 will definitely be a xontinuing storyarc for Mechagon. Perhaps the incident related to High Mechatorque.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    8.2.5 will definitely be a xontinuing storyarc for Mechagon. Perhaps the incident related to High Mechatorque.
    8.2.5 is almost a complete mystery storywise, to be honest. Sure we can sit here and agree all we want that the story has been predictable, but i don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen specifically in 8.2.5 that will veer the story off the course it currently has.

Also, the more i think about, the more confident i am that Mekkatorque will be defrosted in the Mechagnome allied race scenario.

Currently I wonder how they will tease 8.2.5 which is still a significantly smaller patch than 8.2. An own Stream would be nice, but who knows.

Any news on 8.2 release date?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Any news on 8.2 release date?
    Nothing confirmed, but all bets seem ot be on 25th.
    Given that The eternal palace is opening 2 weeks later and Blizz will likely take the first week of July off for Independence day, it seems to be the most likely.
    Especially given that it is pretty much complete at this point, all we are missing is the release candidate, which could easily come next week.

I would be shocked if it came later, especially given that it logically would have to be here the 2nd week of July, which is an absurd amount of time to wait for a patch that is pretty much done.

On a separate note, anyone else but me so thankful Blizz did not call the raid "Azshara's eternal palace" and stuck to simply "The eternal palace" instead?
    Because i sure am.

If Mechagnomes join in 8.2.5 then we have to assume they are immediately thrown into the knowledge that [...]
    You assume that it would be canon that both Horde and Alliance go to Mechagon, and that both assisted the Mecha-Gnomes equally.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    You assume that it would be canon that both Horde and Alliance go to Mechagon, and that both assisted the Mecha-Gnomes equally.
    Well, it is canon that both Horde and Alliance assisted Nightborn and Highmountain, and we all know how it ended.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-06-14 at 07:04 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Canon seems to support both Alliance and Horde going ot Mechagon. Or at least Gnomes and Goblins, specifically.
    Had we only seen or interracted with NPCs from our own faction then it would probably only be Alliance that went htere in lore. But i am going to assume that both go there.

Looking back it's almost like they were slow rolling 8.2 to try and get the release date as close to the new FFXIV expansion as possible, who could have foreseen this.