Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    *some canned laughter for this chap* Just went back to the Classic Lair, ye?
    Just shut up instead of writing down the first your mind came across after a mediocre reading?

Dunno what is with this labelling "classic" like if it is some sort of smart insults or whatever, because my post was basically to underline how naive is to think what other people will do.

But hey you have a Vulpera icon as avatar that is basically the 2019 version of " I have an anime avatar don't take me seriously "
    Last edited by Porcodio; 2019-06-16 at 05:39 PM.

Post 8.2 there are basically 2 possible route

1. Is to proceed to make us fight N'zoth ( not killing it ) but let the Black Empire arise again and reshape Azeroth, then set the Void Lords theme for 9.0 but without making us leave Azeroth, I'm quite sure people don't are so eager to leave Azeroth and go into space.

Maybe adding some sort of timeskip like somebody suggest as a soft reset ( 9.0 ) where they can rollback some old system/stuff they scrapped.

2. Make us defeat N'zoth and set up the stage for another Alliance Vs Horde expac, maybe still with a timeskip for a soft reset, and make the Lich Queen xpac of Sylvanas and her armies of Undeath/Void lord in the Shadowlands.

After 15 years we pretty much covered all wow lore there aren't major enemies on Azeroth left and there is only the space exploration to fight Void Lords, but I'm not sure how it could be perceived by the playerbase.
    Last edited by Porcodio; 2019-06-16 at 05:41 PM.

In case of risking any trouble, why talk normally with the chap, who started with another lad a 10 page conversion about this bullshittery Classic vs Retail. And in anycase good that a prick like you got triggered by a simple icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcodio View Post
    Post 8.2 there are basically 2 possible route

1. Is to proceed to make us fight N'zoth ( not killing it ) but let the Black Empire arise again and reshape Azeroth, then set the Void Lords theme for 9.0 but without making us leave Azeroth, I'm quite sure people don't are so eager to leave Azeroth and go into space.

Maybe adding some sort of timeskip like somebody suggest as a soft reset ( 9.0 ) where they can rollback some old system/stuff they scrapped.

2. Make us defeat N'zoth and set up the stage for another Alliance Vs Horde expac, maybe still with a timeskip for a soft reset, and make the Lich Queen xpac of Sylvanas and her armies of Undeath/Void lord in the Shadowlands.

After 15 years we pretty much covered all wow lore there aren't major enemies on Azeroth left and there is only the space exploration to fight Void Lords, but I'm not sure how it could be perceived by the playerbase.
    The remaining expansion ideas worht going back to is: Scourge redux, Old gods/Void lords, World revamp 2.0, Backside of Azeroth, Dragons, and a small multitude of themes added during this expansion, including but not limited to, Death realm, Titan keepers, Aqir and evil light faction.

Blizz has loads of loose story ends to finish. The most important ones being Faction war, which should be finished this exapc. Old gods, which might move towards an ending either at the end of BfA or hopefully in 9.0. And Scourge redux, where we remove the scourge threat completely.

- - - Updated - - -

I also cannot imagine a timeskip or complete world destruction to be a valid way forward for hte game. It creates too many problems for the lore/gameplay separation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The remaining expansion ideas worht going back to is: Scourge redux, Old gods/Void lords, World revamp 2.0, Backside of Azeroth, Dragons, and a small multitude of themes added during this expansion, including but not limited to, Death realm, Titan keepers, Aqir and evil light faction.

Blizz has loads of loose story ends to finish. The most important ones being Faction war, which should be finished this exapc. Old gods, which might move towards an ending either at the end of BfA or hopefully in 9.0. And Scourge redux, where we remove the scourge threat completely.

- - - Updated - - -

I also cannot imagine a timeskip or complete world destruction to be a valid way forward for hte game. It creates too many problems for the lore/gameplay separation.
    Well Blizzard was always ignoring Roleplayers but with a time skip, it would be a really pain in the ass for us.

Regarding the Scourge, wasn't something told like the more human part of Arthas held the full potential of destruction back. So either if Bolvar gets bonkers or Sylvanas somehow dethrones him, we could see something like Legion but with the Scourge in full power.

Well Blizzard was always ignoring Roleplayers but with a time skip, it would be a really pain in the ass for us.

Regarding the Scourge, wasn't something told like the more human part of Arthas held the full potential of destruction back. So either if Bolvar gets bonkers or Sylvanas somehow dethrones him, we could see something like Legion but with the Scourge in full power.
    Cannot remember much of what was said regarding the "human" side of Arthas.
    But even without that, the Legion DK order hall campaign foreshadows Bilvars inevitable betrayal quite well on its own.
    That entire campaign reads like a series of us gathering dungeon and raid bosses to fight against later.

The four horsemen would be a pretty cool boss in a revamped Naxxramas or similar raid. Not to mention the heavy, heavy foreshadowing of Baron Rivendare being ressurected.

In additon to that, the entire campaign has this general feel that we are slowly letting the Ebon blade become part of hte Lich King's army once again, at the beginning it is talked about like an Alliance, but by the end i really got the impression that everyone there was loyal to the Lich king by proxy (Player DK being the "will of LK" in a sense)

But even without that, the Legion DK order hall campaign foreshadows Bilvars inevitable betrayal quite well on its own.
    That entire campaign reads like a series of us gathering dungeon and raid bosses to fight against later.

The four horsemen would be a pretty cool boss in a revamped Naxxramas or similar raid. Not to mention the heavy, heavy foreshadowing of Baron Rivendare being ressurected.

In additon to that, the entire campaign has this general feel that we are slowly letting the Ebon blade become part of hte Lich King's army once again, at the beginning it is talked about like an Alliance, but by the end i really got the impression that everyone there was loyal to the Lich king by proxy (Player DK being the "will of LK" in a sense)
    Also I remember the DK in Drustvar further trying to rezz Dragons there. We never got told if he serves someone. Then we have Kel'Thuzad still somewhere around, but I would really love it, if they do something like a more advanced type of necropolis than a reskinned Naxx. I mean they had enough time to tune their nerubian architecture style and build bigger flying fortresses in the shadow.

EDIT: Thinking about it, now I would really love something like a flying Mound of the Dead city type as raid.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-06-16 at 06:26 PM.

Funny to see there's still people with such a low capacity for imagination that they believe there's ever such a thing as "no major enemies" in an MMORPG...

Blizzard literally created new major enemies in MoP, clearly the people paid to develop this game have a better imagination than randoms. Same with Void Lords.

In case of risking any trouble, why talk normally with the chap, who started with another lad a 10 page conversion about this bullshittery Classic vs Retail. And in anycase good that a prick like you got triggered by a simple icon.
    Don't bother, just report them for derailing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I remember the DK in Drustvar further trying to rezz Dragons there. We never got told if he serves someone. Then we have Kel'Thuzad still somewhere around, but I would really love it, if they do something like a more advanced type of necropolis than a reskinned Naxx. I mean they had enough time to tune their nerubian architecture style and build bigger flying fortresses in the shadow.

EDIT: Thinking about it, now I would really love something like a flying Mound of the Dead city type as raid.
    I second that! It's been too long since we had something properly Undead. I want to see it in 2019 HD glory! And not a reskinned Naxx, please. Something new.

- - - Updated - - -

A revisit to the Lich King content could bring with it much needed updates to the DK starting experience. Making them start at 70 or maybe even 80, and making it so that they can have access to new races because now DK's are being raised by the Ebon Blade, not Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Funny to see there's still people with such a low capacity for imagination that they believe there's ever such a thing as "no major enemies" in an MMORPG...

Blizzard literally created new major enemies in MoP, clearly the people paid to develop this game have a better imagination than randoms. Same with Void Lords.

Don't bother, just report them for derailing.

- - - Updated - - -

I second that! It's been too long since we had something properly Undead. I want to see it in 2019 HD glory! And not a reskinned Naxx, please. Something new.

- - - Updated - - -

A revisit to the Lich King content could bring with it much needed updates to the DK starting experience. Making them start at 70 or maybe even 80, and making it so that they can have access to new races because now DK's are being raised by the Ebon Blade, not Arthas.
    Yeah, you are right, sometimes it's hard not to become derailing yourself.

I would more like fine with a reskinned Icecrown, more fortified and less earth and mountains, but more metal and bones. Also it would be interesting what happened with Zul Drak. But what I am also wondering about is, if Kel'Thuzad would try to get power on his own and starts a little Scourge Civil War which will be mainly dealt with in 9.2 or if he will act as loyal servant to a fully unkown guy, which fought against his fortress prior when Bolvar was human.

Yeah, you are right, sometimes it's hard not to become derailing yourself.

I would more like fine with a reskinned Icecrown, more fortified and less earth and mountains, but more metal and bones. Also it would be interesting what happened with Zul Drak. But what I am also wondering about is, if Kel'Thuzad would try to get power on his own and starts a little Scourge Civil War which will be mainly dealt with in 9.2 or if he will act as loyal servant to a fully unkown guy, which fought against his fortress prior when Bolvar was human.
    Personally i would prefer if a hypothetical scourge expansion did not take place in Northrend, and instead took place in Easter Kingdoms.
    Plaguelands and Tirisfal, specifically. Especially now that Lordaeron is by all accounts uninhabited, it would be interesting if it turned into a max level zone for fighting the Scourge, could lead to quite a few good moments of ending the scourge where it began.
    You could have dungeons in the Plaguelands, maybe one in Uther's tomb where some necromancer is trying to revive him, something like that.

If Icecrown is a thing again, i would rather it just be Icecrown citadel and the immediate surrounding areas, and not the entire zone, and especially not the entirety of Northrend.

Such as?

I think we just plain need a timeskip through a period of relative peace for the factions to have any semblance of sense to still being able to do much of anything. Possibly with the PC being locked out of the loop and having to figure out what happened in the last x years, to explain why they're still going strong for the shorter lived races.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    But the 25th is my bday so thats cool too.
    Ey, mine too. Would be a good date indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Such as?

I think we just plain need a timeskip through a period of relative peace for the factions to have any semblance of sense to still being able to do much of anything. Possibly with the PC being locked out of the loop and having to figure out what happened in the last x years, to explain why they're still going strong for the shorter lived races.
    The biggest problem is how is this timeskip going to be shown though gameplay. The most likely is it would be a quick cutscene establishing that years have passed, or something to that effect. But you could not realistically have players posess items exclusive to before or after.

This is not like old expansions, where in lore you are going through the expansions as if each one was just released. If you have a timeskip, there has to be a definite point of before and after, and i cannot imagine how this divide would be shown properly in game. The easiest is a cutscene, but if there are no discernible changes, then you could just as easily have said it was the next day.

If there are discernible changes, then how does this work for those who have not seen the timeskip yet?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Personally i would prefer if a hypothetical scourge expansion did not take place in Northrend, and instead took place in Easter Kingdoms.
    Plaguelands and Tirisfal, specifically. Especially now that Lordaeron is by all accounts uninhabited, it would be interesting if it turned into a max level zone for fighting the Scourge, could lead to quite a few good moments of ending the scourge where it began.
    You could have dungeons in the Plaguelands, maybe one in Uther's tomb where some necromancer is trying to revive him, something like that.

If Icecrown is a thing again, i would rather it just be Icecrown citadel and the immediate surrounding areas, and not the entire zone, and especially not the entirety of Northrend.
    There is unused place above Stratholme (last place like that in the world), I always believed it would be expanded to full "continent" with cleansed Stratholme as capital (it isn't used in open world anyway).

We could have elven kingdom zone, plaguelands zone, some untouched part of Lordareon, Dragon Isles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    There is unused place above Stratholme (last place like that in the world), I always believed it would be expanded to full "continent" with cleansed Stratholme as capital (it isn't used in open world anyway).

We could have elven kingdom zone, plaguelands zone, some untouched part of Lordareon, Dragon Isles etc.
    To be fair, that zone mostly consists of Stratholme. There is a tiny bit of land on the northern coast, but not really as much as one might think. It is after all easy to rgoet that the entire Stratholme dungeon, sans the indoor areas, are located there. And stratholme is pretty darn big.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more of what they want to do, matter if if they can. I'm sure people know what I want.....*Cough* *Underground/Caverns *Cough*
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-06-16 at 09:24 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's more of what they want to do, matter if if they can. I'm sure people know what I want.....*Cough* *Underground/Caverns *Cough*
    I member that fake, but really well done xpac "leak" consisting Kul Tiras and some water/underwater stuff. One of the zones was that big underground cave, where you are trapped with some monster hunting you. I dig it. I prefer enclosed zones, just like when raids and dungeons are actual dungeons. :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I member that fake, but really well done xpac "leak" consisting Kul Tiras and some water/underwater stuff. One of the zones was that big underground cave, where you are trapped with some monster hunting you. I dig it. I prefer enclosed zones, just like when raids and dungeons are actual dungeons. :v
    I'm not as picky(Everyone has their preferences so nothing wrong with that) but an underground expansion would be pretty cool(And yes there will variety in said expansion...its just obvious).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not as picky(Everyone has their preferences so nothing wrong with that) but an underground expansion would be pretty cool(And yes there will variety in said expansion...its just obvious).
    Actually I even liked Deepholme, so with more variety an expansion like this would be pretty interesting. Especially the thought of the Expansion Hub City could be pretty cool.

I'm playing the PTR a bit and I guess I'm not really seeing the point of this patch as a non-raider. I can get pretty geared via Nazjatar...but why? I think that's the biggest problem with WoW now and it persists in 8.2. I'm getting better gear to kill already non-threatening enemies in watered-down world quests? At least in Legion I had a goal (Mage Tower) to pursue and gear my characters up, with a final confrontation that actually required skill.

Mounts and pets? Most of them are re-skins, the only moderately interesting ones being the crab and the wheel (BTW, do we have a mythic Ashzara mount yet?), which I don't even foresee myself using.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-06-17 at 02:31 AM.