Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Link pls?
    /10 char

From the Dev Insight video it sounds like 9.0 is going to have a pretty massive shakeup of the class system as a whole. Not just on a spec-to-spec level like Legion, but on a more fundamental level. The questionnaire sent out that asked people reaction to a levelling change tells me that Blizz might be working on a pretty massive talent revamp.

I guess we will find out for Blizzcon this year. Really hyped.

It's good 8.2 is dropping the 25th. It means I have ample time to go through all the not time-gated content before Shadowbringers drops on the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    From the Dev Insight video it sounds like 9.0 is going to have a pretty massive shakeup of the class system as a whole. Not just on a spec-to-spec level like Legion, but on a more fundamental level. The questionnaire sent out that asked people reaction to a levelling change tells me that Blizz might be working on a pretty massive talent revamp.

Wasn't that quite obvious though?

I mean Azerite will get removed and they need to fill the void that's been left after Legion and BfA so every class/spec needs a major overhaul. And on top of that the talent system needs either a total revamp or we need a completely new progression system that will stick during all expansions and where class design is build upon (this should have been artifact weapons, they laid the base for all of this and then Blizzard made the massive mistake to remove everything we achieved in Legion). Basically all the things they did not do for BfA must be done for the next xpac + development of a lasting character progression system + substitute for Azerite - that's a lot of work and maybe one of the reasons why they basically don't touch classes in BfA at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wasn't that quite obvious though?

I mean Azerite will get removed and they need to fill the void that's been left after Legion and BfA so every class/spec needs a major overhaul. And on top of that the talent system needs either a total revamp or we need a completely new progression system that will stick during all expansions and where class design is build upon (this should have been artifact weapons, they laid the base for all of this and then Blizzard made the massive mistake to remove everything we achieved in Legion). Basically all the things they did not do for BfA must be done for the next xpac + development of a lasting character progression system + substitute for Azerite - that's a lot of work and maybe one of the reasons why they basically don't touch classes in BfA at all.
    A class revamp is obvious, sure. I mean more in the sense that it might be quite a massive one.
    The level squish might end up being a bit more involved than simply halving the levels, and might instead be a more thorough look at how the levelling flows, meaning Blizz has a rare opportunity to change the talent system into something maybe a bit more like how it was in classic, or at least different from how we know it now.

Expansion specific endgame progression will likely still be a thing, of course. But that is mostly surface level changes, i am talking more about core changes.
    Iion specifically mentioned giving "core" spec abilities to the class instead, like giving Warrior Mortal strike, Bloodlust and one from Prot whose name i forget. Which would certainly count for something when it comes to changing the classes.

We will see once Blizzcon rolls around in a few months, but until then i will sustain myself on hte knowledge that 9.0 might potentially have a pretty drastic shakeup when it comes to classes and levelling.

From the sound of things rogues are getting poisons back etc, and fire mages getting arcane/frost spells etc.

Well its right before shadowbringers early access as is their usual MO. But boy is it weird to hear a lot of "good luck competing with FFXIV" and not the other way around. Thats definitely a first. Its going to be interesting to see if these changes are enough to win people back in a significant way.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well its right before shadowbringers early access as is their usual MO. But boy is it weird to hear a lot of "good luck competing with FFXIV" and not the other way around. Thats definitely a first. Its going to be interesting to see if these changes are enough to win people back in a significant way.
    "Good luck competing with X" Sounds like a response that has been used for decades on WoW forums, i would hardly assume this is the first time ever that the forum doomsayers have tried to talk smack about WoW compared to different MMOs.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51320307

And that's how you predict a patch date 2 months in advance. Take notes, fake leak writers. I don't have a 2007 MMO-Champion account for nothing. But real talk I got the AEP date wrong, they really don't like having a long "offseason" (which I get especially if you're PVP focused). And I'm just making educated guesses based on information like the Conquest Schedule, which already said they weren't gonna release it in May. I remember shitting on that one leak on the first page that said 8.2 was in May, like 2 months after 8.1.5, in like the first line and the thread still got big. Why people even buy into them when 99% of them are just fan-created is just silly. I really only believe the patent leaks like the week of

Honestly this lull between 8.1.5 and 8.2 was terrible. Felt like Allied Races were pushed to the patch to give it some meat, and Crucible only served to push the Azshara raid from June to July because it needed time to breathe. CoS participation on mythic is going to be record low too for a lot of reasons. If anybody wanted to unsub, it was pretty much a no brainer to do it in Apr/May/most of June

Looking forward to 8.2 though now that the lull is over

I feel bad for the guy that has to drink a glass of water now
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-06-18 at 08:26 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

I wouldn't start assuming some fundamental change of the Class system. We're in danger of going Diablo 4 levels of overhype if it turns out this "shakeup" is just they're adding back some old flavor abilities, and redesigning talents again.

I've already seen folks (coughtowellieecough) talking about going back to like Classic-Wrath design, with cross-spec abilities. And I've also seen some people going a step further saying classic talents will return, or specs will be removed entirely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I wouldn't start assuming some fundamental change of the Class system. We're in danger of going Diablo 4 levels of overhype if it turns out this "shakeup" is just they're adding back some old flavor abilities, and redesigning talents again.

I've already seen folks (coughtowellieecough) talking about going back to like Classic-Wrath design, with cross-spec abilities. And I've also seen some people going a step further saying classic talents will return, or specs will be removed entirely.
    I certainly would not say we are definitely going back to an older talent system, my viewpoint is more their now stated intention to revamp classes closer to the old system, the lacking updates to the talent system, and their, seemingly, clear intent on a level squish.

I could certainly be wrong, of course. But given these 3 things which are closely interlinked, i would feel ocnfident in stating there is some manner of shakeup to the core formula of classes. Not necessarily changing the entire fantasy of a class, but more how levelling the classes and how you build the character functions.

So when we expect PTR? I expect it like 2nd or 3rd week of july.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see the Ion thing but I know what I want to see at least, doesn't mean it will happen just what I WANT(As in if I had say).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    So when we expect PTR? I expect it like 2nd or 3rd week of july.

for??

10char

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    for??

10char
    8.2.5 with Goblin and Worgen models.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I would guess we will hear from it around 3rd to 4th week of July and getting it around the first or second week of August. It could come faster, but since it needs to be announced and will contain heavy spoilering I guess they will launch it more at the End of the LFR Wings opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    8.2.5 with Goblin and Worgen models.
    And heritage armor, let's not forget. I am just waiting on that patch to race change some of my alts to Worgen, and i need to know ahead of time whether i should be ecstatic or disappointed that the Worgen Heritage armor is not based on Genn's coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And I've also seen some people going a step further saying classic talents will return, [...]
    God I hope not. That model was abandoned for a reason. The current talents give more active abilities, more actual choices than the old ones.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    God I hope not. That model was abandoned for a reason. The current talents give more active abilities, more actual choices than the old ones.
    Maybe do the old talents for leveling and you get the current ones as endgame choice

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Ehhhhh I think both systems failed at giving real choice. And Talents 3.0 will fail as well. Because there's always going to be a "best" build. Old style it was in general, new style it's per boss. As long as sites like IcyVeins exists, we may as well remove talents entirely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)