Its a non argument about their quality, it has been dropping heavily over the years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Its a non argument about their quality, it has been dropping heavily over the years.
    Idk about that. In this recent cinematic I was pretty amazed at all the small gestures (like Saurfang pointing Thrall to Jaina with just his eye movements).

If nothing else, seeing where WoW's story goes is one of the things that's kept me interested - even while not subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Idk about that. In this recent cinematic I was pretty amazed at all the small gestures (like Saurfang pointing Thrall to Jaina with just his eye movements).

If nothing else, seeing where WoW's story goes is one of the things that's kept me interested - even while not subbed.
    Look I am not here to shit on the story but the way they are handling Jaina (going from "DIE HORDE SCUM!" to "Maybe we should ally with the horde again for the 50th time :Thinking:" is just mind numbingly fucking retarded.

5+ Year Old Account
    Look I am not here to shit on the story but the way they are handling Jaina (going from "DIE HORDE SCUM!" to "Maybe we should ally with the horde again for the 50th time :Thinking:" is just mind numbingly fucking retarded.
    People act like this recent cinematic is when Jaina changed from those points.

They must've not seen the cinematic where Baine returned Derek, THAT was the start of her change back to "some Horde may be alright after all".

People act like this recent cinematic is when Jaina changed from those points.

They must've not seen the cinematic where Baine returned Derek, THAT was the start of her change back to "some Horde may be alright after all".
    Change doesnt happen overnight like that.

8.1.5 is still a couple weeks or so from 8.2 storywise.

even real time =/= lore time.

Aside from that she is fully aware of that stuff yet she still went "DIE HORDE SCUM" and then went "teldrassil could have survived if the horde aided us" BUt that is so fucking retarded coz the HORDE attacked that tree and SAURFANG was IN on it.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2019-06-27 at 05:29 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Change doesnt happen overnight like that.

8.1.5 is still a couple weeks or so from 8.2 storywise.

even real time =/= lore time.
    It does for a game like WoW, you say "real time =/= lore time" but don't realize how fast WoW's timeline moves.

For instance in Legion this is what is said for the Frost DK Artifact when you pick it:

"The legendary Frostmourne, even four years after its destruction within Icecrown Citadel, remains one of the most infamous weapons in all of Azeroth.

With a bit of necromatic power, the broken shards could be reforged into a set of runeblades that have the potential to be as powerful as their predecessor, if not surpass it entirely."

This means Legion occurs only 4 years after Wrath of the Lich King events. Wrath came out 2008, Legion 2016. Obviously things are moving much faster in Azeroth time.

So about 1 year "WoW time" per expansion. Meaning all those character changes that happen within each expansion and between expansions have been happening super effin quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, Jaina was on a Horde hate spree from sometime in MoP to mid BfA. That's about 2 years of "DIE HORDE SCUM!" status in WoW time. Which is obviously a long time for us (4 years real time).

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from that she is fully aware of that stuff yet she still went "DIE HORDE SCUM" and then went "teldrassil could have survived if the horde aided us" BUt that is so fucking retarded coz the HORDE attacked that tree and SAURFANG was IN on it.
    She's not even referencing Teldrassil there, she's referencing Hyjal. Get your snippets straight.

this story is the lowest level of crap and defending it is only slightly less embarrassing than having written it

but we are so far beyond any place where logic or consistency could be applied quite literally anything can happen now

sylvanas is definitely gonna attack thunder bluff though theres no way thrall says it in that cutscene if its not gonna happen. in their peanut sized caveman brains the blizzard writers think this is gonna be the moment we can all rally around to protect the tauren. its gonna be a shitshow.

after that who fucking knows. all i can tell you for sure is the night elves and zandalari arent gonna get any vengeance and afrasiabi will somehow avoid jail time for this crime against storywriting

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the story generally but sympathize with the difficulties of telling any sort of coherent story that only moves when patches arrive. I intensely dislike Afrasiabi's plotting which is unsubtle and all-on-the-surface dramatics but I have to admit, I loved the Jaina-Thrall cinematic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I've just realised they fixed Lor'themar's voice. I am a happy man.
    For real? Awesome! I haven't been able to play the last 2 days because of work/life so happy to see that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    My guess would be a TW Raid, HC Darkshore, Warcampaign and questline bridging us to 8.3 story (like the CoS questline was a conection to 8.2) along with some standard stuff like new World quests, tweaks to existing content and such.
    What about a new mini raid? Defense of Thunderbluff. 2-4 bosses?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    So, what does everyone think will be 8.3?

The obvious choice seems to be Nyalotha/Whatever zone N'zoth is trapped in. But they could always pull a 180 in the cinematic and give us something else, or in 8.2.5. Also seems possible with the addition of more underwater mounts in 8.2 for it to be underwater.

Ethereal world is another option, but I don't think we will be getting two late-game patches in a row on broken worlds. That's much better material for an expansion.
    I'd rather he slither off and recover his strength for 1-2 expansions to give us a thematic break. Death themed xpac next, please. Or Dragon themed.

It does for a game like WoW, you say "real time =/= lore time" but don't realize how fast WoW's timeline moves.

For instance in Legion this is what is said for the Frost DK Artifact when you pick it:

"The legendary Frostmourne, even four years after its destruction within Icecrown Citadel, remains one of the most infamous weapons in all of Azeroth.

With a bit of necromatic power, the broken shards could be reforged into a set of runeblades that have the potential to be as powerful as their predecessor, if not surpass it entirely."

This means Legion occurs only 4 years after Wrath of the Lich King events. Wrath came out 2008, Legion 2016. Obviously things are moving much faster in Azeroth time.

So about 1 year "WoW time" per expansion. Meaning all those character changes that happen within each expansion and between expansions have been happening super effin quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, Jaina was on a Horde hate spree from sometime in MoP to mid BfA. That's about 2 years of "DIE HORDE SCUM!" status in WoW time. Which is obviously a long time for us (4 years real time).

- - - Updated - - -

She's not even referencing Teldrassil there, she's referencing Hyjal. Get your snippets straight.
    I do understand that stuff and that is my problem. They happen to fast which IS the problem how she can go from "DIE HORDE SCUM FUCK YOUR TROLL KING" to "Oh you are not gonna use my brother against me how nice wow i love you baine senpai" and then "Man if only the Horde would have aided us during the burning of teldrassil like they did during Hyjal then we wouldnt have that tree burnt"

This doesnt make sense. How you can not see this is shocking to me.

Any sane person in Jainas position would be very sceptical about Horde aiding her.

But then again Sanity is lacking in warcraft story.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2019-06-27 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Together, we stand! FOR THE QUEEN! HISSSSSSS.

---

Also regarding the new Jaina & Thrall cinematic, I liked it. It's good seeing Thrall admitting he did sh*t (which kind of makes up for his awful writing) and Jaina coming back to that character she once was. Yes the Horde did awful things, Theramore, Teldrassil, yada yada, and the Alliance did f*ck Dazar'Alor up... But the world is dying, and Sylvanas is a threat to all of them, so to me, it makes sense for them to come to terms with this.

That being said, I hope the Zandalari and the Night Elves will still be mad about all of this once the conflict ends.

This is literally paving the way for a no-faction-barrier thing in 9.0. Boy, I would even say a revamp, seeing how they're f*cking the world up... but I might jinx it by saying it. (That being said, a time-skip AND a world revamp as a new expansion would be the best thing eveeeeeeer)
    Have you seen the new reddit leak? I want it to happen so bad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Have you seen the new reddit leak? I want it to happen so bad.
    Could you link it.

5+ Year Old Account
    "Man if only the Horde would have aided us during the burning of teldrassil like they did during Hyjal then we wouldnt have that tree burnt"
    She's not talking about Teldrassil when she says if Horde and Alliance stand together it will stand. First, Thrall brings up Thunder Bluff will fall now, then Jaina brings up Hyjal and Ally/Horde together.

"This doesn't make sense" because you're confusing yourself. Go rewatch the cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Could you link it.
    Basically, world revamp. Timeskip. Soft reboot of WoW. Level squish. etc.

Sec, let me find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ot-from-reddit

5+ Year Old Account
    Basically, world revamp. Timeskip. Soft reboot of WoW. Level squish. etc.

Sec, let me find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ot-from-reddit
    This is a bad "quality leak" imo. Nice little read tho at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a bad "quality leak" imo. Nice little read tho at least.
    I know its not true, but I like a lot of it tbh.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know its not true, but I like a lot of it tbh.
    I keep reading it trying to figure out what stands out to people as good and I just can't find it. Unless any kind of level squish is regarded as good at this point.

Also I chuckle at "soft reboot." A 30 year time skip and basically removing all expansions sounds like a hard reboot that's just missing the 2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as it seems fake, I like some of the stuff and some of it makes sense.

If we're getting a level squish, it would make sense to also bring in other drastic changes related to that (no more faction split, world revamp etc.). And while I don't know if it is gonna be a 15 year timeskip, I know that it's finally time for one for some fresh lore to develop. Some people, including myself, have been wanting a timeskip for the past couple expansions.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This leak cycle will be marked as always by two dueling theories. But instead of the usual Logic vs Azshara, it shall instead be "I believe Ion" VS "This game is dead, Blizzard is dead, all is terrible."
    Maybe we should just start an Azshara rumor anyway, no matter how nonsensical it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I keep reading it trying to figure out what stands out to people as good and I just can't find it. Unless any kind of level squish is regarded as good at this point.

Also I chuckle at "soft reboot." A 30 year time skip and basically removing all expansions sounds like a hard reboot that's just missing the 2.
    I love this leak, and I would love it to happen, the only thing that I dislike is having again 2 factions and no possibility of playing with people of the other faction for raids/dungeons