The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Then what afterwards?
    If you ask this question you will get minimum 4 answers.

- BC Classic

- New Raids/BGs/Dungeons/Patches

- New Expansions

- Nothing
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Surprised to see people actually caring about retail still. BFA 1 month after launch...
    Classic wow is the next best thing, play into that for the next 1 1/2 - 2 years and then hope the next retail expansion is fun.
    Nostalgia doesn't last long, it's not sustainable.

"Things that aren't bugs" already is a sign of people not quite remembering Vanilla's true state. The other thing is, game design has changed since 2004. There's plenty of things we don't go back to and no before someone snarkily says "so does that mean microtransactions are good?" No it doesn't but some gameplay designs back in Vanilla would be questionable post Wrath or even anytime now. Weapon skills, hit max to be able to hit something right(Even though that seems dumb, missing attacks always annoys us and in a game where combat is important it gets grating).

Its ok to at least remember the past or....preserve it, just don't acting like it was the best ever or even timeless. Unless you're talking about music cause thats even more subjective.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-07-01 at 06:46 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

its the streamers and the beta that killed all the hype mostly the streamers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    its the streamers and the beta that killed all the hype mostly the streamers.
    Someone who was watching a streamer and lost hype becuase of that probably wasn't interested in Classic to begin with.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

- BC Classic

- New Expansions

- Nothing
    I think Classic will be frozen in time and they’ll work on TBC servers.
    Makes no sense to keep working on it, as any changes mean it’s not Classic anymore.
    Whatever...

Classics actual intended audience was never the gaggle of teens invested in streamer culture.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

- BC Classic

- New Expansions

- Nothing
    Well I was rhetorically asking in the context of the last choice. Since the poster said look to Classic for 1.5-2 years I assume that's admission it'll get stale fast after that if Blizzard does nothing.

Which is the point I was trying to make, Classic and then nothing will not be able to sustain itself and will be relegated to side-game status once 2-3 years have gone by.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Based on last few patches, 8.2.5 dates are:
    - News Stream - Late July
    - PTR - Early August
    - Release - Late September/Early October

It’s probably the last patch of the year.

8.3 PTR likely after Blizzcon
    I agree with this. Expecting 8.2.5 PTR to hit around a month after 8.2 went live is reasonable.

I would think that the time between 8.2.5 hitting live would be shorter than the wait between 8.1.5 and 8.2. with 8.3 PTR/Live going up right before Blizzcon.

Reason being I don't know how much BfA exclusive content 8.2.5 will really bring (as in I don't consider the Worgen/Goblin remodel BFA exclusive as that will be rolled out to everyone, any timewalking shenanigans as well, etc).

Also, 7.3 went Live almost exactly a year after Legion release. While I do expect Blizzard is staggering out BFA releases even more, I feel like there's a chance we could potentially see an 8.3 release before Blizzcon since that'll begin in November.

And since we know they de-coupled raid releases from patches, just in case 8.3 did manage to reach live say late October (~4 months after 8.2) it doesn't necessarily mean they'd have to release whatever 8.3's raid is two weeks later.

When 7.2 launched, we didn't get to do the ToS raid until almost 3 months later. This gave ample time for people to still do Nighthold. As it seems Blizzard is more concerned about ample raid time than strictly when x.x.0 and x.x.5 patches release.

I'm guessing if 8.2.5 PTR is in July or August, it will sufficiently spoil what 8.3 is about and allow for a livestream before Blizzcon that details everything that happens.

Then we get Blizzcon with 9.0. I really really doubt we'll see anything about 8.3 at Blizzcon because they'll be hyping up the next expansion, and we don't have Gamescom this year, which leaves a reveal stream as the only way to showcase the patch.

What's exciting is we know what we're getting with Classic. 2 months from now we'll be playing a version of wow that's absolutely in the top 3 best versions of the game. We get to play that for a good 1 1/2 - 2 years and then figure out what to do next.

Hopefully blizzard realizes that they had the formula very close to perfect with classic.
    If blizzard could tweak classes a little bit more but inline with classic design + introduce today's raid mechanics + keep a an open world interactive game, we are there folks!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm guessing if 8.2.5 PTR is in July or August, it will sufficiently spoil what 8.3 is about and allow for a livestream before Blizzcon that details everything that happens.

Then we get Blizzcon with 9.0. I really really doubt we'll see anything about 8.3 at Blizzcon because they'll be hyping up the next expansion, and we don't have Gamescom this year, which leaves a reveal stream as the only way to showcase the patch.
    Totally agree, the space between the 8.2 Stream and Blizzcon is pretty big, so they have to do a little 8.3 Stream I guess in October after 8.2.5 goes live around mid-late September. As I could see the PTR for 8.2.5 going live 1-2 Weeks after Mythic Opening, which will then also be 1Month after release, like in 8.1 (could be earlier since we have just the small 4th July Holidays in which nothing happens).

Also I would say the Eternal Palace Cinematic shows the endboss of BFA, but maybe it doesnt spoiler the plot of 8.2.5, which could be the final split and first glance of Sylvanas Endgame starting with the Defense of Thunderbluff. So what I mean is that the PTR doesnt need to wait until the Third LFR Section opens, since it doesnt spoiler anything for the PTR like they couldnt open 8.2 PTR and Stuff because of the Xal Questline.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    What's exciting is we know what we're getting with Classic. 2 months from now we'll be playing a version of wow that's absolutely in the top 3 best versions of the game. We get to play that for a good 1 1/2 - 2 years and then figure out what to do next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Totally agree, the space between the 8.2 Stream and Blizzcon is pretty big, so they have to do a little 8.3 Stream I guess in October after 8.2.5 goes live around mid-late September. As I could see the PTR for 8.2.5 going live 1-2 Weeks after Mythic Opening, which will then also be 1Month after release, like in 8.1 (could be earlier since we have just the small 4th July Holidays in which nothing happens).
    If it really is a Sylvanas themed patch it would be cute if they tied it around Halloween release.

- - - Updated - - -

If it really is a Sylvanas themed patch it would be cute if they tied it around Halloween release.
    But then again Halloween and Blizzcon is not that far away.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a classic discussion thread.

top 3 best versions of the game
    Fucking what? No just go back to classic threads.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I still don't get the people who constantly act as if classic WoW was a perfect game. There are a lot of things about the way live works that I vastly prefer over the way Classic is going to. (And while there are things about live that irritate me, the Classic way of doing it wasn't better in my eyes.) For example, I like the general flavor of what they've done with Outlaw Rogues, and would hate to see that rolled back to being Combat. Oh, and I wouldn't want to go back to the time before the mount/toy/pet/heirloom/transmog collection tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    I still don't get the people who constantly act as if classic WoW was a perfect game. There are a lot of things about the way live works that I vastly prefer over the way Classic is going to. (And while there are things about live that irritate me, the Classic way of doing it wasn't better in my eyes.) For example, I like the general flavor of what they've done with Outlaw Rogues, and would hate to see that rolled back to being Combat. Oh, and I wouldn't want to go back to the time before the mount/toy/pet/heirloom/transmog collection tabs.
    It's mostly a culture war thing. My team good, your team bad! So bad to the point that it infests other threads (offtopic) because they can't keep their mouths shut.

So, what to expect of 8.2.5? My guesses:

- Worgen and goblin models and heritage armor (Confirmed)
    - New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
    - More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)
    - Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races

What else could it have?
    Whatever...

- New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
    - More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)

What else could it have?
    Maybe some more Mechagon Stuff and a finalized Rustbolt Village. Then I would just add Fireland Timewalking.

What else could it have?
    I think the warfront will be shuffled to 8.3 (and I do think there will be one, probably not any more islands but definitely one last warfront) but otherwise I don't think it'll be much more than what you've listed. If we're lucky we'll get some more quests like that one about the dark rangers in Scarlet Monastery (that HAS to do with Calia, what else?) that was datamined, other than the war campaign, but unless we get lucky with a mage tower introduction it'll mostly just be the races and quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Maybe some more Mechagon Stuff and a finalized Rustbolt Village. Then I would just add Fireland Timewalking.
    Oh yeah, definitely Firelands timewalking.

I think the warfront will be shuffled to 8.3 (and I do think there will be one, probably not any more islands but definitely one last warfront) but otherwise I don't think it'll be much more than what you've listed. If we're lucky we'll get some more quests like that one about the dark rangers in Scarlet Monastery (that HAS to do with Calia, what else?) that was datamined, other than the war campaign, but unless we get lucky with a mage tower introduction it'll mostly just be the races and quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, definitely Firelands timewalking.
    Oh big YES! xD The Story around Derek has to be finished, which would perfectly bring in Calia for 8.3 stuff and revenge on Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    WALL OF TEXT
    I agree, even though i really want the Vulpera as an Allied Race, it bothers me the lack of lore for them, the lack of reason for their existance, heck, we don't know much about the Vulpera or the Sethrak and we still know way more of the origin of the Sethrak and their story than the Vulpera, and them joining the Horde, right now, don't make that much sense, unless you see them as joining the Zandalari, and by extension, the Horde.

Also... i always liked the idea of Gilblins, they are a race that makes a lot of sense and even more in this expansion (Naval battles and all that), i hope they end up joining as the 9.0 prepatch race