Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You're right about the Draenei irrelevance and armor, but you forgot that warfronts have thematic armor for both sides. The only ones missing besides Draenei are Darkspear and Pandas and I'm willing to bet it's not a Panda warfront.

I think it's going to be Draenei vs Darkspear so the Darkspear can FINALLY get some HD armor and the Draenei can have a reason they get kicked out of their house/side with the Nelves/maybe get angry at Anduin. Maybe Pandas will get heritage that is mostly the same but slightly different for each side in a quest in 8.3, but Darkspear absolutely should be a big part of a warfront.
    Every warfront has more than one race featured, but only one theme for armor, so I think we may see Draenei vs. Darkspear, but with mag'har as the trolls' partners, while the draenei have the lightforged fighting with them.
    Whatever...

I think people are so convinced by what that one dumbass dev said about Night Elves having gotten revenge, taking that like that their story is completely over, that they'd be ecstatic that Tyrande would be the one who lays the final blows on Sylvanas.

Of course they'd then freak the fuck out when she doesn't actually die.
    I really, really want to give Blizz the benefit of the doubt on that one. I honestly really do. But BfA has shown time and time again that Blizz will take seemingly any opportunity given to shit on the Nelves. First there was the aftermath of the burning where Blizz decided to release the Saurfang cinematic to placate the Horde, because god forbid that the Nelves could be thrown a bone to show that they would not go out of this empty-handed. That honor was given to the faction that just commited genocide.

Then there was the quests surrounding the Warfront, where the Nelves, masters of guerilla tacitcs, struggle to hold a piece of land they now have all the means to protect. Not to mention the entire controversy surrounding Nelves immediately accepting being ressurected in service of Sylvanas. They could have made it more ambigous by simply changing the wording from "No willing souls", to "No suitable souls" or simply something as elegant as "The souls resisted".
    The fact that there had to be outrage on the forums just to change Tyrande actually being competent should tell you everything.

When Blizz has a blue post stating that Tyrande got her revenge, that did not come across like a dumb comment prone to being misread, it came across like the devs genuinely not understanding that Nelf players still had not gotten closure for their story. The fact that this comment came just as people realized that Nazjatar would not have Tyrande show up, or even being mentioned just added fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Every warfront has more than one race featured, but only one theme for armor, so I think we may see Draenei vs. Darkspear, but with mag'har as the trolls' partners, while the draenei have the lightforged fighting with them.
    THAT I could see, it would be a great pair off between the two even if the Darkspear don't have a huge history with the Draenei. I feel like using the Mag'har (Iron Horde) in the patch that will likely be themed around Siege of Orgrimmar would be a smart thematic touch and the LFD thing would have a lot of payoff.

Most importantly, Darkspear would have a way to GET to Azuremyst, those nice carriers.

THAT I could see, it would be a great pair off between the two even if the Darkspear don't have a huge history with the Draenei. I feel like using the Mag'har (Iron Horde) in the patch that will likely be themed around Siege of Orgrimmar would be a smart thematic touch and the LFD thing would have a lot of payoff.

Most importantly, Darkspear would have a way to GET to Azuremyst, those nice carriers.
    And looking on the reaction of Gey'rah after Baine got arrested, she seems to be a totally Sylvanas Loyalist. I think even a burning of Thunderbluff woudlnt change something with her. Also it would allow us to enjoy some funny Thrall vs Gey'rah fighting.

While mentioning the Loyalists.. I kinda got the feeling of the one Orc guarding Baine is a representation of the Sylvanas loyal playerbase and even the Horde in general, that there still is a hard core of following Horde folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity though. What do you envision a raid inside Gorribal would be like?
    I can see one being in Silihus, with Gorribal being a part of it, but cirtue of it being pretty hard to miss, i just wonder what you envision the theme of the raid being, the bosses and such.
    For Gorribal as a raid, it would obviously have demons obviously, Sargeras or at least his voice somehow being able to connect with his weapon talk to us throughout the raid and when we meet a boss/end a boss. We'd see demons(More red variations of the demons we're used to) and probably a mix between demon and Azerite demonic monsters. The end boss in this theoretical raid would be an echo of Sargeras(Which is sorta what I wondered about for Legion) not full strength, just him amusing us, it doesn't have to end in us winning.

Best thing I can think of is Gorribal eventually would be purged/destroyed by some means I mean this Fantasy so....use your imagination. The "story" of the place is mostly Sargeras(Even though he's sealed away in the Seat of the Pantheon, his consciousness is still in the Blade but only just a bit) being very vexed by us. We interfere with his way and now left the universe to darkness and we don't know who and what we helped.

Very basic idea but doesn't mesh well in BFA like at all. It's more like a prologue to anything related to the Void and the cosmic horror(Old Gods) side of the game.

When Blizz has a blue post stating that Tyrande got her revenge, that did not come across like a dumb comment prone to being misread, it came across like the devs genuinely not understanding that Nelf players still had not gotten closure for their story. The fact that this comment came just as people realized that Nazjatar would not have Tyrande show up, or even being mentioned just added fuel to the fire.
    I've already said it but I didn't really believe the Nelves got vengeance for Teldrassil, they just sorta fought back(In a bit forced way, Anduin claiming lack of troops is bullshit, like the series ever cared about logistics). I think it was Bellular who sorta hinted or implied that Tyrande might be super relevant soon and not 8.3 soon I mean 9.0 soon. In a "Oh my gosh" sorta way not the way.........some would want.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-07-01 at 11:23 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    For Gorribal as a raid, it would obviously have demons obviously, Sargeras or at least his voice somehow being able to connect with his weapon talk to us throughout the raid and when we meet a boss/end a boss. We'd see demons(More red variations of the demons we're used to) and probably a mix between demon and Azerite demonic monsters. The end boss in this theoretical raid would be an echo of Sargeras(Which is sorta what I wondered about for Legion) not full strength, just him amusing us, it doesn't have to end in us winning.

Best thing I can think of is Gorribal eventually would be purged/destroyed by some means I mean this Fantasy so....use your imagination. The "story" of the place is mostly Sargeras(Even though he's sealed away in the Seat of the Pantheon, his consciousness is still in the Blade but only just a bit) being very vexed by us. We interfere with his way and now left the universe to darkness and we don't know who and what we helped.

Very basic idea but doesn't mesh well in BFA like at all. It's more like a prologue to anything related to the Void and the cosmic horror(Old Gods) side of the game.
    Personally i always hoped that 7.3.5 would have a mini-raid or a dungeon in Gorribal basically like you explained here. Sadly that never came to pass though, and i assume that the sword is inert now, but it is hard to tell when talking about planet sized swords used by space-satan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I've already said it but I didn't really believe the Nelves got vengeance for Teldrassil, they just sorta fought back(In a bit forced way, Anduin claiming lack of troops is bullshit, like the series ever cared about logistics). I think it was Bellular who sorta hinted or implied that Tyrande might be super relevant soon and not 8.3 soon I mean 9.0 soon. In a "Oh my gosh" sorta way not the way.........some would want.
    Yeah I don't want to get into a whole thing about Blizzard and Nelves, and I do think Tyrande should've been in Azshara, but there's no chance in hell her story versus Sylvanas is over. She is the real rival for Sylvanas, not Anduin, (Life vs Death) and is the one with the OP power levels that can beam struggle her in the middle of Stormwind or Teldrassil stump or whatever.

I do think she's also the one major leader who will reject any peace treaty completely and may kickstart the plot of 9.0 if she freaks out at any unification attempt.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't want to get into a whole thing about Blizzard and Nelves, and I do think Tyrande should've been in Azshara, but there's no chance in hell her story versus Sylvanas is over. She is the real rival for Sylvanas, not Anduin, (Life vs Death) and is the one with the OP power levels that can beam struggle her in the middle of Stormwind or Teldrassil stump or whatever.

I do think she's also the one major leader who will reject any peace treaty completely and may kickstart the plot of 9.0 if she freaks out at any unification attempt.
    Crazy ass theory that probably won’t happen but would be cool af: Sylvanas at the end will look like she’s about to win but then in comes Tyrande and Malfurion with all the NEs who’ve been pissed this whole expansion, ENDGAME STYLE, and just FUCK. SHIT. UP.

Yeet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Crazy ass theory that probably won’t happen but would be cool af: Sylvanas at the end will look like she’s about to win but then in comes Tyrande and Malfurion with all the NEs who’ve been pissed this whole expansion, ENDGAME STYLE, and just FUCK. SHIT. UP.

Yeet
    If Metzen didn't retire, I'd say it would be plausible.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting thoughts. I don't think the C'thraxxi will be a huge factor ahead. thought. I'm betting on focus going back on the war.
    Probably not, but I see a few possible reasons we may see them come back later on in the story.
    - They are strong fighters/harbingers for the Old Gods.
    - We've seen them on both continents.
    - There will be some work on the War Campaign for sure... but Sylvanas really isn't the only threat and we still have the whole "Save Azeroth" thing to deal with.

One other reason that I think we may see the C'thraxxi come in for a little bit of a show in 8.2.5/8.3 has to do with Vol'dun, the Vulpera, and the Sethrak. Vol'dun had a pretty massive C'thraxxi imprisoned in the form of Mythrax, who was only imprisoned due to Sethrallis. While we've freed her Avatar and defeated Mythrax, there's still a lot of Sethrak story left to be told (provided Blizz doesn't try to handwave this away like Neptulon's kidnapping). With the Old God setup seemingly about to occur and the C'thraxxi's already mentioned relationship with the Old Gods, this is the perfect opportunity to wrap up their story as well.

You'll notice I brought up the Vulpera as well in this. One of the questions I keep asking myself with the Vulpera is "I know why they would want to be a part of the Horde, but what really do they offer the Horde that isn't already there? Why would the Horde be interested in recruiting them?" The best answer I can see is their ability to survive anywhere and their knowledge of all the nooks/crannies to hide. If anyone would know where other C'thraxxi are hiding and/or the best way to find them while in hiding, it would be the Vulpera. The C'thraxxi coming forth in 8.2.5 gives the Vulpera a great way to show their worthiness to the Horde and thus become an Allied Race.

What’s left to tell for the Sethrak story? Genuine question.

Tying Vulpera to the C'htraxxi is a clever idea I hadn't thought of, and hell it might actually be what happens because otherwise they are so incredibly irrelevant to the overall plot it hurts. Not that I think that's important mind you but Blizz seems to be a stickler to races being "RELEVANT" when they're released (aka we delayed them).

Maybe N'zoth waking up wakes up a bunch of monsters in the sand as well?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I think they were a one-off thing. By this point, I don't think they will be added as an allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    I think they were a one-off thing. By this point, I don't think they will be added as an allied race.
    I think expansion one-offs can be turned into ARs, it just won't happen in that expansion itself. See Highmountain and Nightborne: though the complexity of the OG Nightborne model being turned into something lesser and unsatisfying is probably why complicated models like Sethrak and Ankoa won't be playable ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Agreed, but another poster mentioned that they have more story left in them, was just curious.

Like many, I’d love to see more from them. I’ve always felt Blizz creates shit for the sake of creating... looking at you virmen and drogbar, but this time around I’ve really like what we got. Hell, I use to hate Gilgoblins, but the Kelfin have changed my stance entirely; plus I’d like to see the Alliance reunite the Ankoan with the Jinyu

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i highly doubt it. since they are doing a level squish they need massively more time to not fuck it up(they will anyway) so 9.0 will be November.
    they are just thinking about. its not fixed they are doing it #dontsquishthelevel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Plenty IMO. Here's a few things I can think of that still could use a resolution.

- Vorrik said that he would work to unite the Sethrak once again, both the Devoted and the Faithless. How might that be going? How much tension remains from Korthek's followers without Korthek/Mythrax around?
    - We also seemingly have the return of Sethraliss, or at least her Avatar. How does that affect the Sethrak?
    - The Sethrak were around during the war between the Trolls and the Aqir, the latter of which is likely to resurface if we're getting more Old God stuff to come. A war which brought us Mythrax and cost Sethraliss her life. If the Aqir are back, it would be weird for Sethraliss and Vorrik to sit this one out.
    - Given how Korthek kept Vulpera as slaves, there are definitely some tensions between the Sethrak & Vulpera to work out. If Vulpera are coming in as a potential Allied Race, this is likely a tension to still be explored.
    - During the unlock quest for Alliance in Vol'dun, one of the troops mentions keeping close ties with the Sethrak. Did the Sethrak keep up those connections once the Alliance incursions into Vol'dun started or were they turned away due to the attack?

Tying Vulpera to the C'htraxxi is a clever idea I hadn't thought of, and hell it might actually be what happens because otherwise they are so incredibly irrelevant to the overall plot it hurts. Not that I think that's important mind you but Blizz seems to be a stickler to races being "RELEVANT" when they're released (aka we delayed them).

Maybe N'zoth waking up wakes up a bunch of monsters in the sand as well?
    That's largely what I was thinking. If he awakes, he's not likely to do so alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Plenty IMO. Here's a few things I can think of that still could use a resolution.

- Vorrik said that he would work to unite the Sethrak once again, both the Devoted and the Faithless. How might that be going? How much tension remains from Korthek's followers without Korthek/Mythrax around?
    - We also seemingly have the return of Sethraliss, or at least her Avatar. How does that affect the Sethrak?
    - The Sethrak were around during the war between the Trolls and the Aqir, the latter of which is likely to resurface if we're getting more Old God stuff to come. A war which brought us Mythrax and cost Sethraliss her life. If the Aqir are back, it would be weird for Sethraliss and Vorrik to sit this one out.
    - Given how Korthek kept Vulpera as slaves, there are definitely some tensions between the Sethrak & Vulpera to work out. If Vulpera are coming in as a potential Allied Race, this is likely a tension to still be explored.
    - During the unlock quest for Alliance in Vol'dun, one of the troops mentions keeping close ties with the Sethrak. Did the Sethrak keep up those connections once the Alliance incursions into Vol'dun started or were they turned away due to the attack?
    Not in disagreement, but we could do this with almost any group of people we meet in game. I still have questions, comments, and points of discussion about the Taunka.

It’s probably folly to expect any of the listed things to be addressed. I feel that it’s implied it is all honky-dory as of now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing if 8.2.5 PTR is in July or August, it will sufficiently spoil what 8.3 is about and allow for a livestream before Blizzcon that details everything that happens.

Then we get Blizzcon with 9.0. I really really doubt we'll see anything about 8.3 at Blizzcon because they'll be hyping up the next expansion, and we don't have Gamescom this year, which leaves a reveal stream as the only way to showcase the patch.
    I feel like 8.2.5 will wrap up most of the HvA story and 8.3 will deal mostly with Nzoth and Magni.

- - - Updated - - -

So, what to expect of 8.2.5? My guesses:

- Worgen and goblin models and heritage armor (Confirmed)
    - New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
    - More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)
    - Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races

What else could it have?
    Worgen model and scenario retaking Gilneas?
    Goblin Model and Scenario ousting Gallywix?
    Mechagnomes and scenario reviving Mekatorque into a mechagnome.
    Vulpera and scenario. Idk what their scenario would be about tbh.
    War campaign to either finish the faction war storyline or get us very close to the finale in 8.3.
    Firelands Timewalking.
    Heroic Darkshore Warfront.
    A little bit more content in Nazjatar to wrap up any story left there and hint what happened to Nzoth.
    Mechagon dungeon now heroic/normal mode and split into 2. Now also Mythic+

Possibly a Thunderbluff/mulgore Warfront? Also could be a 2-3 boss raid. The Defence of Thunderbluff.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the warfront will be shuffled to 8.3 (and I do think there will be one, probably not any more islands but definitely one last warfront) but otherwise I don't think it'll be much more than what you've listed. If we're lucky we'll get some more quests like that one about the dark rangers in Scarlet Monastery (that HAS to do with Calia, what else?) that was datamined, other than the war campaign, but unless we get lucky with a mage tower introduction it'll mostly just be the races and quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, definitely Firelands timewalking.
    8.3 other than timewalking and story content is too bare imo. A new warfront or raid/dungeon could be cool. Especially if Nyalotha is a new zone with raid/dungeon(s). Do they really want to have a zone and a Warfront? Feels like 8.2.5 would be a better time to add it if they do add one.

Guys when do you think patch 8.3 will be announced? I'm 100% sure that they will reveal a new expansion at Blizzcon so wouldn't that overshadow new patch announcement if they decided to reveal it at the same time?