The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I doubt they don't care, I do wonder if they're unsure about Nelves and what to do after Teldrassil. I mean if anyone on the team hates Nelves, they shouldn't be writing on them, period. Again if thats a thing and I'm not gonna pretend I do know.
    I think part of the problem is the logical outcome here is to decimate the Horde. Burn Orgrimmar to the ground, put the Orcs back in camps, go full Scarlet Crusade on the Forsaken.

But that can't happen because it's an MMO and you can't just wipe half your playerbase off the map. So Blizz is left trying to give the Night Elves appreciable wins while at the same time not giving them revenge.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    I think they really split their forces upon the future patches and the Devs already working on 9.0. I think Mechagon is a good example since it feels more fleshed out and with more love in that what it wants to represent. A daily hub with endless content and a bunch of funny unique Quests. While Nazjatar misses quite the uniqueness besides the looks.

But for imo the Patch still is fun to play, have to gear out my chars and visit the Seasons 3 stuff. If 8.2 will have just its around 3 months span I think the patch would have archieved its goals.
    With Mechagon i am going to adamantly defend my stance that it was supposed to be part of 8.1. But got pushed back when it did not come together satisfactorily in time. The zone and the random "passive" rewards (greens, trade mats etc.) does not mesh at all with Nazjatars passive reward structure, which tells me they probably were not intended to fit together.

On the topic of WQs and dailies though, while i really enjoy Mechagon for being a good grind zone, i really think Blizz was clsoer than they realized ot creating a perfect daily structure with Nazjatar. The combination of dailies taking you all over the map, combined with low-effort WQs and several overarching layers of reward structure in the form of bodyguards is as close to perfection as i think Blizz has gotten so far in the game's life.
    All it really needed to be perfect was giving a few more "story" quests each day that organically takes you across the entire map, say, asking you to go to Zin'azshari and doing some stuff there, or having a short questline where you gather coral to tame the rays or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    With Mechagon i am going to adamantly defend my stance that it was supposed to be part of 8.1. But got pushed back when it did not come together satisfactorily in time. The zone and the random "passive" rewards (greens, trade mats etc.) does not mesh at all with Nazjatars passive reward structure, which tells me they probably were not intended to fit together.

On the topic of WQs and dailies though, while i really enjoy Mechagon for being a good grind zone, i really think Blizz was clsoer than they realized ot creating a perfect daily structure with Nazjatar. The combination of dailies taking you all over the map, combined with low-effort WQs and several overarching layers of reward structure in the form of bodyguards is as close to perfection as i think Blizz has gotten so far in the game's life.
    All it really needed to be perfect was giving a few more "story" quests each day that organically takes you across the entire map, say, asking you to go to Zin'azshari and doing some stuff there, or having a short questline where you gather coral to tame the rays or something.
    Even Nazjatar's design does run out(Sometimes the WQ rotation only offers very little). They need to up the ante a bit more so it isn't useless in just a few hours. Admittingly on terrain like Nazjatar it takes longer.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Nazjatar's design does run out(Sometimes the WQ rotation only offers very little). They need to up the ante a bit more so it isn't useless in just a few hours. Admittingly on terrain like Nazjatar it takes longer.
    I'd like to point out here wowhead tweeted that today is the first day where you can finish the mechagon quest for killing all the rares.

Today.

A week in.

To a patch that likely lasts us 6 months.

Nazjatar is definitely not perfect, my point is simply that what you are given at the beginning of each new day is as close to perfect as we have gotten so far in the game, old dailies were pretty much the same as WQs except in one place. Wqs as they were in Legion especially were less cohesive narratives and more bite-sized gameplay parcels.

The combination in Nazjatar really just needed for one or two of the dailies to instead be a quest that told more of a narrative, like the Ankoan having found a scrying orb that they need to take to the temple of Elune which leads to a miniboss, or going on a short quest to steal a riding harness and a mind-control orb so you can take controll of the Colossal sky ray flying around Mezzamere to use against a naga attack.

If Blizz continues to iterate and improve on this formula 9.0 could end up eventually making the perfect questing hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'd like to point out here wowhead tweeted that today is the first day where you can finish the mechagon quest for killing all the rares.

Today.

A week in.

Metas shouldn't take 6 months to complete. Nazjatar is properly gated behind, at a minimum, 3 months, and because Mechagon is smaller it takes around 1 month or so unless you get really lucky.

I would absolutely be assmad if a rare took a month to spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Metas shouldn't take 6 months to complete. Nazjatar is properly gated behind, at a minimum, 3 months, and because Mechagon is smaller it takes around 1 month or so unless you get really lucky.

I would absolutely be assmad if a rare took a month to spawn.
    Oh no not 6 months. But for all the hubbub people were making about "oh these rares are too rare" or "oh the world content design here is perfect" we're still a far ways from perfect world design. We're still a far ways from world content that keeps non-raiders, non-progressionists engaged longer than a week.

Oh no not 6 months. But for all the hubbub people were making about "oh these rares are too rare" or "oh the world content design here is perfect" we're still a far ways from perfect world design. We're still a far ways from world content that keeps non-raiders, non-progressionists engaged longer than a week.
    Sure, but we're reaching for ideals here, the ever distant perfect PVE playground. Timeless is still considered the best but could be completed in a single day if people were quick enough: the only reason Mechagon could be "completed" in a week was because the dailies were gated to certain days.

Is the message we REALLY want to get from this: "shit, we have to gate the rares"?

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day during times when a raid has been mauled through several times, world content will be there to keep players going and thats important. It has to last(Be fun is the unspoken rule of a video game DURRR) obviously for a long while but don't make it so grindy(Don't ask me how to do that cause it seems we all differ on the idea of a grind).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bingo card for next week! Let's see how many we can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Nazjatar as it is. Storyline like Suramar. Half the rares are like Argus rares and respawn, and then there are the rares that take 30mins-few hours to respawn with the really good stuff. All of that imo would be perfect.

-snip-

Darn, my predictions will not lead to a perfect bingo, i will have to hope for unlikely outcomes like narrative mirrors in Azshara drowning, or Sylvanas actually getting screentime before 8.3.

Today.

A week in.

Just curious..how much rep does this quest give?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Just curious..how much rep does this quest give?
    I think he meant to say achievement.

https://i.imgur.com/MpUMNPX.png

Saving that image. I for one like the cheesy cinematic story moments
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

here is the final war campaign cutscene leaked:

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post

[img]https://scontent.fbau1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/65598937_2286032614767932_3730163458600075264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQkAPwad_SQaBb5_KMK gdDDroQaoGcjSNUWe_u_o822D3acyddWBNPHBFoYyF_IpBMM&_nc_ht=scontent.fbau1-1.fna&oh=3f784f3e6b541c2d0282c936de0fcf9c&oe=5DB2E223[img]
    i saw one that fits a bit better.

but i'd get in trouble if i linked it here.

]
    I lol'd.
    And imagine the shitshow. Just, IMAGINE it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I lol'd.
    And imagine the shitshow. Just, IMAGINE it!!
    I know, all the AnduWrath teasing, and he ends up with the boring choice. Everyone knows that Sylvanas will end up with N'zoth after seeing past his numerous acts of cosmic evil to create a new beginning for the Forsaken based on cooperating with the heroic Nelves that accepted teh Val'kyr ressurection against the evil Nelves who foolishly want revenge against Sylvanas for accidentally burnign their tree.

Eh, I'll buy it.