Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If we follow this timing, 8.3 PTS has to be here basically end of September or early October because they only got <8 weeks left until holiday season begins. It's quite a tough schedule if 8.3 has a raid, warfront, new zone or whatever.

I think launching 8.2.5 while Classic players still have their one month sub could be a smart move, e.g. between 17/24th September. But that means 8.2.5 is as bare bones as it seems right now (which isn't a bad thing imho).
    As I said in some previous post, I think we will get 8.2.5 launch + 8.3 reveal + virtual ticket rewards on late September stream and first builds of PTR in October. Blizzard need to shift community interest from classic to live for Blizzcon and this would be best way. From datamining alone forums will explode with speculat.. I mean "leaks".

Most likely 8.3 will have "collect" stuff zone (or revamp for zones like Tirisfal or Silithus), last raid, hopefully 4-boss dungeon, Goblin/Worgen heritage and final story quests (+ smaller stuff like queable/Mythic+ Mechagon, HC Darkshore). I would be shocked it we would get something like Mage Tower.

And yes, 8.2.5 is what it is, I don't get people think Blizz will left many content encrypted. Most likely they are rewards for virtual ticket/pre-order and MAYBE some story stuff.

And don't forget that Blizzard from now has always Classic in mind. Most likely Phase 2 (which would be equivalent of X.X.5 patch) will launch in November and Phase 3 with Blackwing Lair - after 8.3 will be no longer "fresh". With Classic stuff they probably filled content gap forever for people that stay subsribed to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    WOTLK says hi. Arthas was all over the place once his ice cube melted.
    Nerzhul wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Nerzhul wasn't.
    Bolvar ≠ Ner'zhul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Bolvar ≠ Ner'zhul.
    Arthas =/= Bolvar.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Arthas =/= Bolvar.
    Pretty sure Bolvar is way more comparable to Arthas than Nerzhul.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Doesn't change the fact, that Bolvar is frozen in a solid block of ice and didn't leave the Frozen Throne since he became the Lich King. Maybe he can, but as it stands now, both possibilities exist. I am sure, we will learn more about that in the future.

I don't think so. Bolvar had a completely different path than Arthas. Arthas didn't realise what was going on until it was far too late. Bolvar knew perfectly well what he was getting into. Bolvar is also kinda stuck on the throne, unlike Arthas.

I mean it's not like Helya could "help" Bolvar getting out of his demise, is it? Anything can happen and this isn't as far fetched as other stuff we've gotten. I hated the Shadowlands leak but I really dig the "new" Shadowlands 2.0 and 8.3 leak. Don't know why, just makes Shadowlands overall better for me. I totally can see this being the next expansion yet it would be surprised by such an accurate leak 4 months before Blizzcon.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Yeah I feel sorry for anyone who believes in designer/artist/whatever leaks. Historically every single expansion leak has always been someone who got to see the slideshow presentation for Blizzard early (hence why you get things like "Voljin in an urn"). Information is always dictated from memory, not an in-depth perfectly recalled list of every system, zone, plot beat, etc. as if it was all sitting right in front of them and easy to reference. They will always conveniently use that they only work in one part as a reason they don't know EVERYTHING cus they only work as an artist/quest designer/marketing guy, yet they'll suspiciously know a great great deal about alot of stuff in great detail, including the rationale behind why the decisions were made for things well out of their supposed department.

Also the fact that the logo and title are some of the last things finalized in the lead up to reveal....
    I emphasize the logo and title timeframes over and over but it seems lost on the general crowd here. Should just be a megathread for leaks. Codenames (or no names at all) exist for a reason.

It's possible there is a lot of story stuff in 8.2.5, but Blizz is withholding it from the PTR. We've seen them hide quests from the PTR before.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    It's possible there is a lot of story stuff in 8.2.5, but Blizz is withholding it from the PTR. We've seen them hide quests from the PTR before.
    They might even encrypt all the story related stuff from now on, now that they've got that polished.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    They might even encrypt all the story related stuff from now on, now that they've got that polished.
    They'll encrypt it so hard that we'll go through the rest of BfA without getting any story updates at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Imo they shouldn't encrypt that much.

I'm starving for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    They'll encrypt it so hard that we'll go through the rest of BfA without getting any story updates at this rate.
    You will get the story update when you actually play it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Honestly, what even is the point of the 8.2.5 PTR?

How many people actually test Party Sync? You can't even test it intuitively. It doesnt even hype us up or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Honestly, what even is the point of the 8.2.5 PTR?

How many people actually test Party Sync? You can't even test it intuitively. It doesnt even hype us up or anything.
    Same as every other PTR. Testing for the Alliance bee mount questline and associated rep, Firelands timewalking, questlines and errors that come with them and graphical or other issues arising from the model and animation updates to Goblins and Worgen.

Speaking of the Bee mount, is that still flagged as Alliance only, or is it now available to both sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Speaking of the Bee mount, is that still flagged as Alliance only, or is it now available to both sides?
    Given that is was Alliance only before, and there has been no news that i know of to the contrary, i am going to assume it still is.

It will likely become a case of the Horde being able to use it after an Alliance alt gets it, but i could be pleasantly surprised if the Alliance actually got something to hang over the Horde for once, given the large amount of variety in mounts on Horde side this expansion, and the 2 mounts that can only be gained if you play Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Given that is was Alliance only before, and there has been no news that i know of to the contrary, i am going to assume it still is.

It will likely become a case of the Horde being able to use it after an Alliance alt gets it, but i could be pleasantly surprised if the Alliance actually got something to hang over the Horde for once, given the large amount of variety in mounts on Horde side this expansion, and the 2 mounts that can only be gained if you play Horde.
    Horde exclusive mounts are nothing special to be honest. Alliance so far in BfA got exclusive hippo and now exclusive bee. So it's not like they were in worse situation, they are just louder.

Similar with mythic raids, every time I hear screaming that it's Horde dominated because of racials. Meanwhile during BoD raid H/A split didn't matter at all and result was exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

It's Alliance flagged in the journal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Similar with mythic raids, every time I hear screaming that it's Horde dominated because of racials. Meanwhile during BoD raid H/A split didn't matter at all and result was exactly the same.
    Alliance takes several weeks to months after the Horde to get to the 100 raids cleared. The split matters quite a bit.