10+ Year Old Account
    Plot armor lol.....People use that term too much like it means anything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Says someone that admits to Jaina being his waifu under his pic.

I'm surprised Katherine hasn't died yet for the sake of drama. I was expecting it to happen at the end of Tiragarde.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'm surprised Katherine hasn't died yet for the sake of drama. I was expecting it to happen at the end of Tiragarde.
    Yeah that’s what I’ve been expecting for a long time. That her mom would kick the bucket due to Horde or something to keep the whole “faction war” alive or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yeah that’s what I’ve been expecting for a long time. That her mom would kick the bucket due to Horde or something to keep the whole “faction war” alive or something.
    What could be an interesting twist for Katherine at the end is her dying when Sylvanas raises Daelin, she makes a last stand trying to make her husband come ot her senses, would be quite a dramatic twist and would remove her, allowing for the 3 remaining Proudmoore siblings to grow more orginically in potential future stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Katherine voices the Kul Tiran character intro so I personally don't think she's going anywhere. I'm curious to see if Blizz has anything interesting planned with Derek and Calia. Jaina implied she was going to take him to see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I hope we get a new patch this week. This is by far one of the most disappointing datamining sessions in a while. We want moooooore!
    Extensive datamaning might be a thing of the past with the encryption they got.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Katherine voices the Kul Tiran character intro so I personally don't think she's going anywhere. I'm curious to see if Blizz has anything interesting planned with Derek and Calia. Jaina implied she was going to take him to see her.
    Ohh yeah, forgot about that. Guess she isnt going anywhere then. Bit of a shame from a narrative perspective, but what can you do.

Shouldn't they have announced 8.3 already? Will they spoil it at the blizzcon with the new expansion reveal?

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Shouldn't they have announced 8.3 already? Will they spoil it at the blizzcon with the new expansion reveal?
    Nah, we still got 2 months, they might do a stream for .3 like they did for .1
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Nah, we still got 2 months, they might do a stream for .3 like they did for .1
    Or they might do 8.3 and xpac at blizzcon. Not sure though.

7+ Year Old Account
    It means a lot actually.

Especially in cases like Nathanos.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Ohh yeah, forgot about that. Guess she isnt going anywhere then. Bit of a shame from a narrative perspective, but what can you do.
    Meh, killing characters is way overused. There's no shock value anymore because everybody expects it to happen.

She's not important enough to people to warrant that. She has little-to-no history in lore (she was briefly mentioned in an older novel about Warcraft 2, but not named), and her only significant action in BfA was bringing Jaina back from Thros with the adventurer, just so she could habd the reins of the kingdom to Jaina. She doesn't carry enough weight for fans to care about, or in a narrative sense.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    She's not important enough to people to warrant that. She has little-to-no history in lore (she was briefly mentioned in an older novel about Warcraft 2, but not named), and her only significant action in BfA was bringing Jaina back from Thros with the adventurer, just so she could habd the reins of the kingdom to Jaina. She doesn't carry enough weight for fans to care about, or in a narrative sense.
    Writers love characters like that, for the cheap kill that's all about how sad the protagonist feels.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

5+ Year Old Account
    Writers love characters like that, for the cheap kill that's all about how sad the protagonist feels.
    Same line of thinking I had as I read what Destinas wrote. It's that kind of character that is "expendable" so that it can be part of "development" for a main character (in this case - Jaina).

But if she's part of the KT intro I guess they never planned to do anything with her other than passing the mantle on to Jaina.

Same line of thinking I had as I read what Destinas wrote. It's that kind of character that is "expendable" so that it can be part of "development" for a main character (in this case - Jaina).

But if she's part of the KT intro I guess they never planned to do anything with her other than passing the mantle on to Jaina.
    Suppose that if we stretch credibility a tad, we could assume she is supposed to die anyways. There is nothing that specifically precludes her opening monologue to be told directly to your character, could easily just be handwaved as someone reciting a speech she once gave or something. Otherwise her role as quest giver for the initla letter to Anduin quest, and the final Heritage of the Kul Tiran could easily be given to someone else.

Would not bank on that though, especially given that since WoW is written in braod strokes a few patches in advance, Katherine dying would have to be a decision made after the KT allied race was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It means a lot actually.

Especially in cases like Nathanos.
    Not when people use it over and over and over and over again for any character they have a beef with. I don't believe Nathanos has plot armor. He's just that asshole you want to kick in the nuts.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not when people use it over and over and over and over again for any character they have a beef with. I don't believe Nathanos has plot armor. He's just that asshole you want to kick in the nuts.
    I wish they hadn't pissed away Fandral; a war hawk druid sounds pretty fucking boss, especially since he didn't give a fuck who we were.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they hadn't pissed away Fandral; a war hawk druid sounds pretty fucking boss, especially since he didn't give a fuck who we were.
    He wasn't wasted....he was a druid who lost his way and got corrupted by the Old Gods, kept Malfurion asleep. He's just beyond saving, he never got over his son's death.

Warrior-Magi