10+ Year Old Account
    I assume PTR will resume on Monday. Weekends are usually quiet for Blizzard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    They should just end it with 8.2.5 and start putting all their resources into another Legion-sized expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Rump View Post
    They should just end it with 8.2.5 and start putting all their resources into another Legion-sized expansion.
    No....... they shouldn't listen to short sighted posts like this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Rump View Post
    BfA was a Legion-sized expansion. In fact more. On launch it had more content and nearly double art assets as Legion. And now with Nazjatar and Mechagon it officially has more unique art assets added than any expansion to date by a good stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    BfA was a Legion-sized expansion. In fact more. On launch it had more content and nearly double art assets as Legion. And now with Nazjatar and Mechagon it officially has more unique art assets added than any expansion to date by a good stretch.
    Quality > Quantity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Don't Trolls usually mount on bats?
    usually, don't mean they don't use others
    Also, "we just got dwarves and trolls, let's get something different!!"
    with my math we will just have 3 dwarves and 3 trolls, less than other races
    I jest. But honestly like Nathanyel points out in the 9.0 thread, it's just the new "default" background even for trial accounts.
    to good to be just a background thing,they feature the paint at blizzcon and the name is wow_rebrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    to good to be just a background thing,they feature the paint at blizzcon and the name is wow_rebrand.
    That sounds more like it's a general image for the franchise rather than one specific part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Quality > Quantity.
    I didn't say anything otherwise, the person I was responding to stated "Legion-size". In the two measurements of size, BfA was at the same or larger.

5+ Year Old Account
    with my math we will just have 3 dwarves and 3 trolls, less than other races
    The arguments were "we just got elf races, no more!" which means its hypocritical if someone's ok with dwarves/trolls next since we "just got dwarves/trolls".
    I don't think so, imo the background when you have a trial account/ptr was looking dated. This new background art really gives it a fresh look.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    they can't really write any meaningful character progression for anyone other than hurt seems like an even right now it's not really meaningful because half of her dealings are shady and even when you have the choices in game they all end up the same with the only difference being that if you lied to her it seems as though she knows that you're lying and that everything you're doing she has been planning around so she has some sort of stupid plan and the only thing that I'm happy about is that it has nothing to do with the shadowlands
    I think they did a good job with Jaina. She is my favorite Warcraft character (Azshara was but they ruined her in BfA) and BfA made her... better in one way or another. All other characters: meh.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    The arguments were "we just got elf races, no more!" which means its hypocritical if someone's ok with dwarves/trolls next since we "just got dwarves/trolls".
    the argument is not just "we just got elf, no more" because 4 is already more than 2, and 3 dwarves/trolls is obviously better than 5-6 elves.

I don't think so, imo the background when you have a trial account/ptr was looking dated. This new background art really gives it a fresh look.
    for what reason if its not something more behind, with a background who literally is named wow_rebrand?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-09-08 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think they did a good job with Jaina. She is my favorite Warcraft character (Azshara was but they ruined her in BfA) and BfA made her... better in one way or another. All other characters: meh.
    My problem with Jaina is that the switch-back from not taking any more shit post-Theramore Jaina to peacemaker friends-with-half-the-Horde Jaina seemed to happen a bit too fast. For years she seemed to be building up to becoming a villain, the Alliance's ruthless answer to the Horde's succession of evil leader figures.
    But of course Alliance needs tor emain pure and good and honorable so they shifted gears back into a redemption arc, and the Sunreavers Purge and her fucking off for the entirety of Legion is just hand-waved with a "We've all got blood on our hands" line.
    I still like Jaina a lot but a lot of her BfA development could have been handled better.

for what reason if its not something more behind, with a background who literally is named wow_rebrand?
    We have a saying over here: paper is patient. Means: you can write down/name a lot of things, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
    And you should never underestimate troll potential in developers.
    It CAN mean WoW is in for something big, but at the same time it can literally mean nothing. Don't get yourself too hyped.
    Without further evidence, (for me) it is a new background. Nothing more, nothing less.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    It CAN mean WoW is in for something big, but at the same time it can literally mean nothing. Don't get yourself too hyped.
    Without further evidence, (for me) it is a new background. Nothing more, nothing less.
    yeah im just saying there is a possibility to be something, and this possibility should not be discarded

i know its blizzard and stuff, but maybe they are doing something, who knows

5+ Year Old Account
    the argument is not just "we just got elf, no more" because 4 is already more than 2, and 3 dwarves/trolls is obviously better than 5-6 elves.
    The game has always had more race choices of elves than the other races (for about 13 years). To me, it looks like that status quo is going to stay.

Besides, they're not going to release another dwarf/troll AR regardless of elves. Dark Irons and Zandalari already did that. Gnomes/Worgen/Goblins/Undead are all "missing an AR". It's more likely we get something along those lines.
    It's why I asked what was the file name internally before they changed it to "rebrand", but no one's given an answer for it yet. Still, I think you're jumping to a conclusion off the basis of that. It's nothing huge.

It's like if I took the separation of High Elf files from Blood Elf files Blizzard did in BfA and said "this means we're gonna get High Elves in BFA" and look where we're at now, no High Elves and BfA is heading towards the end.

"Rebrand" could literally mean "this is the new branding" like new background. Kind of like how they changed the Class Icons on Forums to more cartoon-y. You could call that a "rebrand" of the class forum icons and it'd be correct. And nothing changed beyond its art.

It's great, so good that I want to replace the BfA background with this*, but it's literally a simplified version of the print you mentioned. It may hint at an overhaul of "basic" WoW (anything that's not the current expansion) but even the "rebrand" doesn't mean much, it could just be an internal name that made it into the Launcher file names. Or "rebrand" could just be the fancy name of this new image and the idea to use it for basic WoW.

* yet I can't find the game-specific backgrounds in the .mpq file, only generic Battle.net ones. Also nothing with a "rebrand" file name. Are they somewhere else, or otherwise encoded?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    It's great, so good that I want to replace the BfA background with this*, but it's literally a simplified version of the print you mentioned. It may hint at an overhaul of "basic" WoW (anything that's not the current expansion) but even the "rebrand" doesn't mean much, it could just be an internal name that made it into the Launcher file names. Or "rebrand" could just be the fancy name of this new image and the idea to use it for basic WoW.

* yet I can't find the game-specific backgrounds in the .mpq file, only generic Battle.net ones. Also nothing with a "rebrand" file name. Are they somewhere else, or otherwise encoded?
    Battle.net app does not have filenames for those files. Rebrand came from the store filename.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post

I would put my stock into the WoWhead suggestion. The old launcher graphic was not so much outdated as very "busy", and left new and returning players with a lot of information on who all these character are. This new one does not have this problem.

Though i am definitely going to use this is proof that we are getting a world revamp next expansion, what is life without hope anyways.

stop speculating
    it will be crap
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..