Page 1 of 995
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

BfA Patch Speculation thread (8.3 and later).

Making this so the people from the BFA speculation thread have somewhere to chat and discuss future patches. If it takes off, and mods allow, might even turn it into the patch thread until we have some kind of idea about 9.0, then this thread can die.

Made this post in the other thread, but I'm going to copy it.

I think other than the necklace being meh compared to the artifact weapons, the biggest bummer is the lack of an end game launch zone. Though Blizzard might have been better off saving Suramar for 7.1, with the story contuniation in 7.1.5 with the raid. There was enough launch content to have fun in Legion even without Suramar for 2-4 months imo.

Im kinda hoping thats what blizzard is doing this time. Instead of the cool story zone in 8.0 like Legion at launch, its coming in 8.1. Nazjatar zone. New dungeon. 8.1.5 is the raid and the final chapters of the questline for the zone. How epic would that be for an 8.1 patch?

Thread Warning: This thread has nothing to do with Classic, so let's drop any game vs. game infighting and focus on speculation about 8.3.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-08-27 at 11:33 AM.

hi

/10char

Infracted: Don't make spam posts. [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-08-13 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    hi

/10char
    Hi. Hoping mods allow this thread. We just want one thread where we can act like idiots and speculate on the future of WoW. Praying to Bibi and Chaud atm.

Bibi is still around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    Bibi is still around?
    I dont know tbh. I thought for sure he was around in the BFA early alpha days, but that might have been Legion alpha.

I do believe that with the whole theme of island expeditions it is very possible that 8.1 brings us a 'new, uncharted location with X', where X = something important for alliance and horde to fight over. It could even be something as drastic as 2 zones. Gilneas / Darkshore? I definitely think they'll to -something- with Gilneas since it feels like Genn Greymane is getting to be a pretty important character, and it would be a waste to just leave it a dead zone for the rest of time. And Darkshore needs a face-lift because that zone is impossible to navigate on foot, plus it would make sense to show night elves fighting back.

Shadow Priests and Shamans will be disappointed with their reworks. Calling it now.

Might as well save time and reroll to Warlock masterrace.

Calling it now: 8.1 will feature a reworked AQ as either a raid or a series of Mythic dungeons and likely with the exterior zone reworked to be populated with world quests and story content. Story will be something about the harvested Azerite reawakening C'Thun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flc View Post
    Calling it now: 8.1 will feature a reworked AQ as either a raid or a series of Mythic dungeons and likely with the exterior zone reworked to be populated with world quests and story content. Story will be something about the harvested Azerite reawakening C'Thun.
    But Azshara is supposed to be 8.1?

Nerf bat pwnage!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Allied races available. No flying. Class tuning and gameplay changes for SP/Sham. Another dungeon. More WQs. Profession updates to ilvl maybe.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I'm hoping for a Suramar-like piece of content as well. It's easily my favorite endgame zone, even with all the elf stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    But Azshara is supposed to be 8.1?
    Well, 7.1 had Trial of Valor before Suramar.
    Though I expect the equivalent to be something set in Zuldazar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be totally fine with Azshara being 8.2 instead of 8.1 if it means we get Nazjatar out of the deal. If we end up getting Azshara without Naz I will be extremely dissapointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are definitely setting something up for Gilneas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I would love that too tbh.

Gilneas warfront or whole zone? I would not mind 1 tier of alliance vs horde raid, but Im not really down for more than that. Gilneas is a great place to hold said raid.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!
    Tbh I do believe Azshara will get some stuff here and there before 8.2, so that could be a pre dungeon in 8.1 for example or it could be a trial of valor style one with for example: ozumat, corrupted neptulon some naga boss having conversation with Azshara etc.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2018-08-13 at 12:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guess I need to get down to posting to be king here too
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't sell Azshara short and have her taken out relatively early on in the expansion. As far as I'm concerned she could carry the whole thing as big bad. Though I suspect that N'Zoth is ultimately going to be the final baddie that we have to face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Guess I need to get down to posting to be king here too
    I'm kind of disappointed you aren't actually Taylor Swift tbh. Was gonna say the Queen has arrived. Just waiting on the King. You know who that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I hope they don't sell Azshara short and have her taken out relatively early on in the expansion. As far as I'm concerned she could carry the whole thing as big bad. Though I suspect that N'Zoth is ultimately going to be the final baddie that we have to face.
    I agree. Nzoth the baddie that somehow gets away maybe?

I would have prefered she had her own dedicated xpac though. With some underwater zones and all. Players would hate that I know, but I loved Vashjir.

5+ Year Old Account
    woot first page