The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Now, that's interesting.

If they're adding the cinematics now... Could this mean that the patch is close to being released? I mean, I imagine cinematics are something that takes a fair amount of time to make, so it would kinda make sense that they're added a bit later.

Anyone remembers how it was with previous patches and cinematics?
    The telling thing will be the RC update.

Which, despite one person here saying October, I'm saying we get the RC build next week and it releases 9/24.

Or they just shadowdrop it Tuesday. Seems about as likely with the general radio silence until this week.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    So now it's a matter of how the war ends, because aside from that is most likely the same boring stuff, we put aside differences blablabla
    It's the same predictable crap. Everyone unites and hold hands, Sylv does something that barely makes sense so it's her vs everyone, she probably leaves by the end. Everyone hold hands even though it makes no sense. And then we wait a month til Blizzcon. That's it.

Now, that's interesting.

If they're adding the cinematics now... Could this mean that the patch is close to being released? I mean, I imagine cinematics are something that takes a fair amount of time to make, so it would kinda make sense that they're added a bit later.

Anyone remembers how it was with previous patches and cinematics?
    Pretty sure the splash art only gets added towards the very end of the PTR, wouldn't be surprised if it launches next tuesday?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Re: cinematics
    Damn, only Old Soldier has been anywhere near that length... HYPE
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    It's the same predictable crap. Everyone unites and hold hands, Sylv does something that barely makes sense so it's her vs everyone, she probably leaves by the end. Everyone hold hands even though it makes no sense. And then we wait a month til Blizzcon. That's it.
    I bet she ends up attacking Stormwind, probably kills some Alliance leader not named Anduin (my gold's on Genn), and that's the straw that breaks the Horde's back. Horde rebels, Nathanos gets killed (but probably not because he's a writer's Gary Stu now), and Saurfang becomes Warchief. Then N'Zoth raises Ny'alotha or something dumb like that and Anduin and Saurfang make peace to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Damn, only Old Soldier has been anywhere near that length... HYPE
    Here's hoping it's a whopper of a cinematic to really cement the end of the faction war!

Still betting money on Nathanos betraying Sylvanas at the very last minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I just had a 2GB update to the PTR start downloading. Is this new?
    Yup, see front page.

Also some big whoppers of cinematics. Like 4 and 6 minutes whopper.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just had a 2GB update to the PTR start downloading. Is this new?
    yes this is the new build

Like jeez, come on... I know I will probably not like how the war campaign ends, but damn - hurry up, Blizzard and just drop the patch or de-encrypt stuff, so I can spoil it for myself :P

I don't understand why do people instantly sperg out with negativity ala "AGhahgha it will be same old, boring shit it's Blizzard etc etc" rather than being excited and hoping they'll do something cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I don't understand why do people instantly sperg out with negativity ala "AGhahgha it will be same old, boring shit it's Blizzard etc etc" rather than being excited and hoping they'll do something cool.
    We've been beaten down by WoD, Argus, and BFA all sucking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You* you have. Argus wasn't even bad as an ending but ok @_@ WoD was a long time ago and really need to let it go. BFA is exxagerated in its badness, its not flawless but the drama over it is absurd. Just wait and see and stop freaking out. I'm not, many people assumed something else from the Azshara cinematic and got something else, acting like we learned nothing when ...we kinda did.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-09-12 at 07:07 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

WoD was time travel nonsense and was horrible, admittedly and BfA hasn't really been THAT bad, it's just people who hate Sylvanas tbh and think it broke her character without knowing the full picture yet. Also, what was wrong with Argus?

Do we know when it'll be decrypted?
    If they went through all this trouble to keep the war campaign stuff encrypted, I'm guessing it will stay that way until the patch is released.

As in, does this new PTR patch actually mean anything to us in the short term, or are we still in for a 4 week wait?
    I mean, adding cinematics and the splash screen to the PTR build might be a sign that we're close to the patch release, but who knows?
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-09-12 at 07:12 PM.

Anyone who thought Argus was WoD/BFA levels skipped the dumpster fire that was 7.2. I'm pretty sure people have mentally repressed that crap at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they went through all this trouble to keep the war campaign stuff encrypted, I'm guessing it will stay that way until the patch is released.

I mean, adding cinematics and the splash screen to the PTR build might be a sign that we're close to the patch release, but who knows?
    IMO, the real question is if it's even decrypted right away when the patch is released. The splash screen makes that answer likely yes, but Blizz has been known to spread content out over time before and it would buy them some time to prep for Blizzcon if they want to hold 8.3 back until then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    IMO, the real question is if it's even decrypted right away when the patch is released. The splash screen makes that answer likely yes, but Blizz has been known to spread content out over time before and it would buy them some time to prep for Blizzcon if they want to hold 8.3 back until then.
    I could see Blizz deciding to stagger out the Campaign in waves like, infamously, the Broken Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Anyone who thought Argus was WoD/BFA levels skipped the dumpster fire that was 7.2. I'm pretty sure people have mentally repressed that crap at this point.
    That is what always happens. When BfA started everyone was all up in arms over how terrible the Azerite system was compared to the Legiondaries and Artifact system, forgetting to think about how awful it felt in the first patch of Legion to be the last peron in the raid to get a legendary, and then for it to be the worst one. Or how bad it felt to lag behind in gearing up your artifact, just to realize you wanted to play a different one, and basically having to start again.

When 9.0 rolls around i bet that loads of people on the forums are going to praise Islands and Warfronts for doing something new and shit at the new systems for being garbage, oblivious to the fact that this happens in every expansion ever.

I could see Blizz deciding to stagger out the Campaign in waves like, infamously, the Broken Shore.
    To be fair on Broken shore, while it was absolute dogshit, what made it bad was not it being a weekly thing, it was that the weekly thing was the most uninspired bland dreck Blizz had put in the game to serve as the buildup to a highly anticipated raid.

A proper storyline spaced out over, say, a month could be quite good for the longevity of the game, it means that players like me who have done basically everything they want ot in the game get to look forward to something other than the M+ cache that will probably not contain anything.