10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But then what really causes undeath? Because not all Undead are Scourge & not all Scourge were victims of plague
    That statement makes no sense, I wasn't saying something isn't undeath.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    They have 4 weeks to put on test realm all the patch 8.3 content, including the final battle.
    no they dont. they dont have to launch ptr for 8.3 at Blizzcon....

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Otherwise it makes no sense to present at Blizzcon the next new expansion.
    Dont worry as I said before they wont.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    We have no idea how long 8.3 may have been in the works. 8.2.5 was very light in the art department. No music, no new ones, no new mobs, very few quests as well. The team may have been working on assets for months already, ever since 8.2 was wrapped up.
    you havent even seen all of 8.2.5 yet....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I've been a long time proponent of a World revamp. It'd be glorious for next expansion: revamped factions, level squish, class revamp, and amazingly updated zones at least in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
    thank god none of these trash ideas is happening....

They no longer need to preserve things as they have been.
    yes they do its called continute...

If they do it, I sincerely hope they do NOT tie it into a theme like Cataclysm. I've seen people suggesting Black Empire and Old God devastation of the zones. Please for the love of god I hope they don't do it. Make the zones stand on their own iconic visuals, make their stories more independent and timeless from the overarching villain.
    yesh so you want shit stories like in vanilla? thanks no....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    is there mor eof 8.2.5 that we didn't saw yet? that are timegated?
    yes, birthday event, new cat pet secret that was just found and probably more that is still time gated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    yes, birthday event, new cat pet secret that was just found and probably more that is still time gated.
    but i don't think the birthday event have something to do with the 8.3, despite some dragon and time shenanigans i doubt it will have more hints about 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Doesn't sound like denial. Sounds like a fake "yes I didn't know Sylvanas was E.V.I.L.! I repent!". Probably means there's still some loyal to her undercover (just like the loyalist players) in the Horde.
    its to show that there are still the ones who will be "loyal" to her even if she betray and kill then to sacrifice to a death god, they think they are special or something, pretty common

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Dont worry as I said before they wont..
    if they don't announce 9.0 at blizzon then its fucked, its supposed to be the biggest blizzcon, and people will not be happy to hear about more mobile games.

7+ Year Old Account
    I realize Argus is not the best example because his soul was teleported to the Seat but what if the same was done with Azeroth? When the soul is ready to mature (for lack of better world), Magni calls for the seat and ports her there like he did with Argus?
    Which would mean Azeroth as world lasts (because Argus is still there).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But then what really causes undeath? Because not all Undead are Scourge & not all Scourge were victims of plague
    *ahem*
    Necromancy

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    They could tie in a time skip with housing. A short in game cinematic showing you tending a garden or something, and then called once again for your abilities after 5-10 years of retirement or something. :P
    Dragonball Z style? xD
    Goku busy being a farmer and then all of a sudden Beerus shows up for a fight!

But yeah i wouldn't mind actual more story and then with them actually saying 3-4 years later you actually get a sense of "story" and realness to the game. Instead it literally feels like its been day after day a new threat, randomly found a new world here, gotta go back in time for WoD gotta go forward in time for this. So yeah, wouldn't mind them actually trying to fit a story into it this way and actually tell the player base "5 years later..."

Also they have to announce new expansion at Blizzcon even if it literally just a reveal trailer with a title, or they just WASTE that announcement in the future at when? There is nothing post Blizzcon for them to announce it at, that means it will be some lame tweet mentioning it and then watch Ion in a cupboard with someone talk about it for 45 minutes on a freaking stream lol. They won't do that as it is just shooting themselves in the foot.

I have now idea how they will play it out, but there is going to be at the bare minimum a reveal trailer at Blizzcon for 9.0, 100%.
    Last edited by Costa; 2019-09-27 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    Dragonball Z style? xD
    Goku busy being a farmer and then all of a sudden Beerus shows up for a fight!

But yeah i wouldn't mind actual more story and then with them actually saying 3-4 years later you actually get a sense of "story" and realness to the game. Instead it literally feels like its been day after day a new threat, randomly found a new world here, gotta go back in time for WoD gotta go forward in time for this. So yeah, wouldn't mind them actually trying to fit a story into it this way and actually tell the player base "5 years later..."
    Indeed. It feels a bit too close to each other time wise, the expansions.

Whats the usual timing for VT reveals in regards to Blizzcon? 2-3 weeks?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Whats the usual timing for VT reveals in regards to Blizzcon? 2-3 weeks?
    I'm expecting the (Murloc ) reveals either tonight or early next week. They're already later than usual, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well with 9.0 I think the events of the 8.3 raid will lead directly into the next expansion so I cannot really see a skip. They could have done a skip in many other points though (between Wrath, Cata, MoP and WoD)
    They could easily have done a skip after MoP by just having Garrosh leaving and returning happen in real-time. I'm not sure why they're so insistent on having every expansion happen one right after another in lore, when they could easily say there's been a year or two since whatever happened last in the last expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope goodies are good this year.

Considering buying a VT this time around.

Formerly known as Arafal

Thoughts on the revamped Uther's Tomb being involved in a new light-undead Allied Race's unlock scenario and starting point upon character creation, like Telogrus Rift for Void Elves etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Thoughts on the revamped Uther's Tomb being involved in a new light-undead Allied Race's unlock scenario and starting point upon character creation, like Telogrus Rift for Void Elves etc.?
    I coudl see that happening.

What i am more interested in though is whether Forsaken and Nelves/Worgen will have a slightly altered opening questline in the next expansion. The forsaken story especially makes no sense with Sylvanas abandoning them, same with the Nelves and Teldrassil, and to a lesser extent Worgen being teleported there at the end of their storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

What i am more interested in though is whether Forsaken and Nelves/Worgen will have a slightly altered opening questline in the next expansion. The forsaken story especially makes no sense with Sylvanas abandoning them, same with the Nelves and Teldrassil, and to a lesser extent Worgen being teleported there at the end of their storyline.
    I don't think people should expect another starting/leveling revamp when they are now capable of sharding/using the bronze dragon npc to switch between timelines of zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I don't think people should expect another starting/leveling revamp when they are now capable of sharding/using the bronze dragon npc to switch between timelines of zones.
    Those specifically are just so incredibly out of whack though, especially Forsaken who will suddenly go from a world where Sylvanas ressurected them and they choose to join the family of undead in Undercity, to a world where (most likely) Calia is their leader after Sylvanas blew up Undercity and later abandoned them.

The timeline is obviously a big mess, but that does not mean Blizzard should avoid taking a shot at properly cleaning it up, changing the opening questlines for every race and framing the intervening quests as backstory seems like a reasonable fix. It would not be perfect, obviously, but it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Those happen long before the events of BfA. No reason to change them.

It depends on if and how we get a world revamp.

If there is no world revamp, then leave them as they are and just make the messy leveling story more messy.
    #TeamTinkers

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    It depends on if and how we get a world revamp.

If there is no world revamp, then leave them as they are and just make the messy leveling story more messy.
    With revamp levelling story will become messy for next new race/new hero class. Nowadays new race could come as soon as next patch. So I wouldn't use it as argument pro world revamp if I were you ;P.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is actually false.

Originally both the Shadowlands and Emerald Dreams were just like ghost forms of regular Azeroth, with the Emerald Dream being regular Azeroth minus the influence of mortals/structures, which is why in most quests in earlier expansions/vanilla, going to either one just means you get screen effects and stay exactly where you were. Even as late as Cata, the emerald dream (as seen in Hyjal for example) is literally just where you were but with a green tinge on your screen.

The Dream was slowly rewrote over the course of WoW's life to actually be more dream-like and constantly changing, where mortals can actually change the landscape and influence things and the landscape itself is unreliably and shifts. Chronicle then doubles down on this. Which is how you end up with the EN instance, where the dream is wild and dream-like versions of places like Thunderbluff. or Grizzly Hills.

The Shadowlands is the same thing. In early quests it was shown as just being the same place you were but s p o o k y and screen filters, but that is no longer the case, per Chronicle: They are a nightmarish realms of decay, labyrinthine spiritual planes teeming with the souls of the dead who have passed from the world of the living. Which certainly suggests they are not just ghost form Azeroth, but their own structure made up of places described as "cold confines". I imagine a lot of things like Deadwind Pass, twisting and eerie canyons with dead trees and near silence.
    Would the land of thros count as shadowlands

- - - Updated - - -

So last BlizzCon Happy Reaper became a reality

Maybe this year the traitor questline becomes real

They keep making April fool's jokes real

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Whispers seem to happen in more areas unless I'm mistaken

SW and the finale
    Are these the indistinguishable nonsense sound whispers, or actual quotes that say something?