Why are Mechagnomes in comparison to Vulpera looking like an utter joke? It seems like 90% of the work went into Vulpera and the other 10% into Mechagnomes. And it's not just the race itself it's all the surrounding things (totems, mounts etc.). Mechagnomes are such a disappointment next to Vulpera.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    They haven't finished the alpaca modeling (it looks scuffed). I'm guessing that's why Blizz did hyenas. Though it means there can be alpacas later most likely.
    I mean, there are some icons and mount entries for them, so we're definetely getting Alpaca mounts.
    They're just not going to be Vulpera AR mounts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Btw, with so much to datamine I guess this confirms that they'll only highly encrypt really spoiler-heavy story stuff. Datamining is here to stay to help with hype building I am glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why are Mechagnomes in comparison to Vulpera looking like an utter joke? It seems like 90% of the work went into Vulpera and the other 10% into Mechagnomes. And it's not just the race itself it's all the surrounding things (totems, mounts etc.). Mechagnomes are such a disappointment next to Vulpera.
    Because Vulpera are a new species entirely, with all the love and care that befits one.

Alliance will get an AR similar to this... just not right now. It's likely whatever the Worgen one is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I mean, there are some icons and mount entries for them, so we're definetely getting Alpaca mounts.
    They're just not going to be Vulpera AR mounts.
    Yeah, I was saying the same thing and giving a possible reason as to why they didn't come with Vulpera.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping Mechagnomes would at least get shaman or paladin to make them more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Voss called Calia to become the Forsaken leader.
    hope to god this isn't real

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because Vulpera are a new species entirely, with all the love and care that befits one.

Alliance will get an AR similar to this... just not right now. It's likely whatever the Worgen one is.
    Yeah they better do. If not... well. I mean if Horde gets Lightbound Undead next they'll have just a prettier reskin. But what would be the logical Alliance equivalent of a completely new race that makes sense?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    I was hoping Mechagnomes would at least get shaman or paladin to make them more interesting.
    I mean if they can be Monks they can be Shamans, too. But overall they're just hideous.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Of course it is - everyone’s seen it coming since the book.

Yeah they better do. If not... well. I mean if Horde gets Lightbound Undead next they'll have just a prettier reskin. But what would be the logical Alliance equivalent of a completely new race that makes sense?
    Likely dragonmen, if the next expansion is Dragon Isles. The same kind of half-dragon half-human creature from Cata: they used the Worgen reskin too, and strangely also had tails like Vulpera.

5+ Year Old Account

Don't doubt someone going PepeLaugh right now.

Hope you're right tho. Sethrak would be befitting but there's no rep tied to them. And every single AR has had a rep tie-in. So, we'll have to be on lookout for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Calia going Horde and then going to fight Alliance? Wouldn't make sense imo, unless Alliance and Horde will be able to play together going forward (in 9.0+).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Forsaken being lead by some lightbound monstrosity, and Arthas's sister at that. Abysmal lore writing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go out on a limb and predict that the Rajani mogu will be the pandaren Allied Race.

Maybe neutral, or maybe Horde-only, with Alliance getting Ankoan jinyu.

So, Wowhead updated their raid descriptions with this:

This is the boss shown to be torturing Azshara, with torturing tools being part of the encounter
    Interesting... so Azshara is not exactly best buddies with N'zoth and she probably wanted to screw him over at some point, but N'zoth saw through her plans. Wonder how Sylvanas, Crucible of Storms and the Blade of the Black Empire all play into this.

Don't doubt someone going PepeLaugh right now.

Hope you're right tho. Sethrak would be befitting but there's no rep tied to them. And every single AR has had a rep tie-in. So, we'll have to be on lookout for that.
    Calia doesn't have a rep, and she's 100% tied to some kind of new Undead race. They might have the last two ARs not have any rep grind.

Maybe because they are part of the 9.0 preorder?

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas and Nathanos left both the Forsaken and the Horde. Other than Voss, Faranell, Belmont, Helcular and the other minor-named characters to choose from, who else is going to lead the Forsaken now? Unless they reform the Desolate Council again and not have to worry about getting wiped out like the one at Arathi did. And don't forget that some of them are still loyal to Sylvanas; I suspect not everyone is going to be on board with the idea of making Calia their leader.

Forsaken being lead by some lightbound monstrosity, and Arthas's sister at that. Abysmal lore writing.
    You mean being led by their true Queen? Yap.

Calia doesn't have a rep, and she's 100% tied to some kind of new Undead race. They might have the last two ARs not have any rep grind.

Maybe because they are part of the 9.0 preorder?
    I mean, they could just asspull like they did with Void Elfs which didn't have anything to do with the Krokul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance Human paladin fanboys probably up in the writing team now. ''true queen'' that literally no one gives a fuck about.

LOL.

Feels pretty good to laugh at the lore tho.

Yeah, I was saying the same thing and giving a possible reason as to why they didn't come with Vulpera.
    Your possible reason doesn't make much sense, though - the Alpacas might not be finished now, but it looks like they will come with 8.3 anyway, so they could be used as a Vulpera AR mount if Blizzard wanted it.