Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Same lack of interest that caused fake leaks diarrhea just two months ago? Same that gives 8.3 reveal like million views 2 days after upload?
    What, 3, 4 fake leaks in a month? WoD and Legion had like 6 per week.

Bullshit, many people predicted N'zoth/Azshara/South Seas expansion. Only thing that was surprise was Horde vs. Alliance theme (but we get more hints towards that closer to reveal).

Now most (invested) people predict 'Death' expansion with Bwomsandi/Sylvanas/Lich King/'Death God'=Bwomsandi boss as key characters (heh, maybe they're even final bosses of next 4 tiers). We have maaaaany hints for that, I don't think any expansion were hinted so heavily before.
    The same N'zoth/Azshara/South Seas expansion that was obviously coming after Cataclysm, MoP and WoD? The one with player ships and massive underwater zones including Nazjatar as a city? Most predictions got it wrong because Blizzard chose to focus on a poorly written faction war built around a character that totally wasn't going to be another Garrosh/Arthas, except she was. And now it's also the Black Empire expansion.

Watch Blizzard pull a new main storyline out of the blue and get rid of Sylvanas and the Shadowlands in a single patch, like they've done with the Emerald Dream, Argus and Ny'alotha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Same lack of interest that caused fake leaks diarrhea just two months ago? Same that gives 8.3 reveal like million views 2 days after upload?

Bullshit, many people predicted N'zoth/Azshara/South Seas expansion. Only thing that was surprise was Horde vs. Alliance theme (but we get more hints towards that closer to reveal).

Now most (invested) people predict 'Death' expansion with Bwomsandi/Sylvanas/Lich King/'Death God'=Bwomsandi boss as key characters (heh, maybe they're even final bosses of next 4 tiers). We have maaaaany hints for that, I don't think any expansion were hinted so heavily before.
    I'd argue that Legion was hinted way more with WoD,
    And that BfA (Kul'Tiras/Zandalar/Naga) were hinter way more in Legion.

Thing is, it could easily be a Death expansion, but we can't take any hints as definite since Legion also had really strong hints pointing towards a Dragon Expansion and 8.0 had 0 dragon content. (Pillars which gave the original aspects their powers, multiple new dragonflights, tensions between the LK and red dragons, Chromie scenario at level 112 and other shit).

IMO There is a fair amount pointing towards both Death and Dragon themed expac (with Dragons having more non-mystery involvement than Death in the form of the questline for the first essence and its upgrades, wrathion shit, island expeditions,...)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Do we really need to cross post crappy leaks? Everyone reading this thread is reading that thread.
    #TeamTinkers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Do we really need to cross post crappy leaks? Everyone reading this thread is reading that thread.
    TBH, sometimes I get confused between the threads and have them both open at the same time and while mid gaming I refresh them to see if anything new got posted and sometimes put my 2 cents on an ongoing discussion in the wrong thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I'd argue that Legion was hinted way more with WoD,
    And that BfA (Kul'Tiras/Zandalar/Naga) were hinter way more in Legion.

Thing is, it could easily be a Death expansion, but we can't take any hints as definite since Legion also had really strong hints pointing towards a Dragon Expansion and 8.0 had 0 dragon content. (Pillars which gave the original aspects their powers, multiple new dragonflights, tensions between the LK and red dragons, Chromie scenario at level 112 and other shit).

IMO There is a fair amount pointing towards both Death and Dragon themed expac (with Dragons having more non-mystery involvement than Death in the form of the questline for the first essence and its upgrades, wrathion shit, island expeditions,...)
    Interpreting the next expansion from hints in the current expansion rarely works out though.

After MoP i am sure people were adamant the next expansion would be about the Burning Legion after Wrathion mentioned it as the most pressing concern that he was giving us these cloaks in preparation for.

I am sure many expected the return of the Burning legion after WoD, but i am sure just as many expected a south seas expansion.

Then at the end of Legion everyone seemed to expect south seas/world revamp, and though we got more south seas with BfA, it was not in the way everyone eas expecting.

Now in BfA everyone is expecting death and Shadowlands, which to me almost makes it a guaranteed thing we won't be getting that. More likely it will be something not widely expected, and those who did expect it will still not be completely correct. For instance thinking the next is death themed, and we go to Northrend again, or getting a world revamp, but completely revamped in only half the zones with the remaining being left untouched.

Bottom line is we have to wait for Blizzcon, for once in a while we do not actually have any direct threats to Azeroth left. Sylvanas is still out there, but noone seems to consider her a world-ending threat, more likely they seem to want ot catch her so he can answer for her crimes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Interpreting the next expansion from hints in the current expansion rarely works out though.

After MoP i am sure people were adamant the next expansion would be about the Burning Legion after Wrathion mentioned it as the most pressing concern that he was giving us these cloaks in preparation for.

I am sure many expected the return of the Burning legion after WoD, but i am sure just as many expected a south seas expansion.

Then at the end of Legion everyone seemed to expect south seas/world revamp, and though we got more south seas with BfA, it was not in the way everyone eas expecting.

Now in BfA everyone is expecting death and Shadowlands, which to me almost makes it a guaranteed thing we won't be getting that. More likely it will be something not widely expected, and those who did expect it will still not be completely correct. For instance thinking the next is death themed, and we go to Northrend again, or getting a world revamp, but completely revamped in only half the zones with the remaining being left untouched.

Bottom line is we have to wait for Blizzcon, for once in a while we do not actually have any direct threats to Azeroth left. Sylvanas is still out there, but noone seems to consider her a world-ending threat, more likely they seem to want ot catch her so he can answer for her crimes.
    Yeah, my statement about Legion and BfA having more hints was based on looking for hints AFTER the expansion was announced already to see what was pointing towards it.

But Blizz has been pretty good with not giving too many obvious hints towards the next expansion theme and instead just possible future storylines

sylvanas is on blizzcon art, wich preety much confirms to me that we are going to get death themed expansion, given what she said to loyalists. i don't see what any other type of expansion she could be major character of after she resigned from leading horde

Everyone kept predicting N'zoth/Azshara/South Seas expansion for the last 8 or 10 years lol.

If you predict your dice throw will roll two 6 every time you throw them, there will be one day you'll be right. But you won't be a genius. You'll be lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    sylvanas is on blizzcon art, wich preety much confirms to me that we are going to get death themed expansion, given what she said to loyalists. i don't see what any other type of expansion she could be major character of after she resigned from leading horde
    There was faction conflict in Cataclysm. Nobody could predict that the war would take place on Pandaria.

Garrosh was a loose end. Nobody could predict him bringing an orc army from an alternate past Draenor.

The Burning Legion was coming. Nobody could predict that the war against them would happen on the Broken Isles "continent".

N'zoth and Azshara had been plotting stuff since Cataclysm, and Legion ended with Sargeras stabbing Silithus. Nobody could predict that this would lead to a faction war.

Elements of each expansion were predictable, but they were all seasoning on top of an unexpected meal.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2019-10-16 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody could predict that this would lead to a faction war.

We should of seen it coming though all considering, new resource and 7.3.5 kinda hinting tension. Not to mention the Stormheim cinematic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We should of seen it coming though all considering, new resource and 7.3.5 kinda hinting tension. Not to mention the Stormheim cinematic.
    7.3.5 was released after BFA announcement/cinematic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Prior to the announcement the Stormheim and Broken Shore Expac Intro were the ONLY indications in legion we had about faction conflict rising. Other than that the factions had no problem sharing a city and uniting under the name "Armies of Legionfall", 7.3.5 was for that reason announced and released after the BfA announcement to strengthen the tension and not make it seem like it just went away.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    7.3.5 was released after BFA announcement/cinematic.
    This.

And there has always been faction conflict, Stormheim could have been relevant in 8.0, or 9.0, or 10.0, or never, like 99% of the minor zone storylines.

If next expansion, the Quilboar somehow become a world ending threat, you could say that it was obvious because they were in Stormsong. But realistically, nobody expects every minor story to have major consequences, until Blizzard decides that they're the most important thing in the world, at least for a couple of patches before something else shows up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    This.

And there has always been faction conflict, Stormheim could have been relevant in 8.0, or 9.0, or 10.0, or never, like 99% of the minor zone storylines.

If next expansion, the Quilboar somehow become a world ending threat, you could say that it was obvious because they were in Stormsong. But realistically, nobody expects every minor story to have major consequences, until Blizzard decides that they're the most important thing in the world, at least for a couple of patches before something else shows up.
    What do you mean you don't welcome our Quillboar overlords?

Would be nice to see a big build right before Blizzcon to get us further hyped onto 8.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Would be nice to see a big build right before Blizzcon to get us further hyped onto 8.3
    Not sure what else they can really show in a new build. Maybe some more armor sets, but other than that we are really only missing the names of certain items and general fine-tuning for the patch to be ready.

Not sure what else they can really show in a new build. Maybe some more armor sets, but other than that we are really only missing the names of certain items and general fine-tuning for the patch to be ready.
    Many people are speculating that they might have a few surprises yet to be added.. I don't know honestly but would like to see more... Especially since we have to wait till September for 9.0 to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

7+ Year Old Account
    All the story quests (if any) are not in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The factions did not unite under the Armies of Legionfall though, it was the Class Orders.
    The factions hardly even came into play outside of Stormheim, and that was mostly both sides being idiots while the PC had to do all the actual important work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The factions did not unite under the Armies of Legionfall though, it was the Class Orders.
    My bad, members of the factions (which were also members and leaders of the Class Orders) united.