anyone know when the ptr character wipe is?

We get a 15% rep/xp buff until Jan 7/8/9 NA/EU/ASIA. Would they really release a patch that has two new faction reps while the 15% buff is active? Would love if they did.

With them delaying it till next year, it is pretty much confirmed to launch on or after Jan 7th.

So how is the Exp in the Alterac Event? Actually good to level in or nah?

I decided to hop on the PTR and make some Allied races again, And I have found two things, The Vulpera now summon an item with their make camp racial that lets them modify they racial mount to take of the roof thingy. And Gelbin Mekkatorque is now the leader of all gnome kind, including the mechagnomes, also the starting area has a teleport to the Mechagon surface.

Also, the recruitment quests for the Vulpera and Mechagnomes is now live on the PTR.

Nomi is apparently canonically part of the Horde now.
    Last edited by Gurmech; 2019-11-07 at 07:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

10+ Year Old Account
    The literal very end of the Mechagnome recruitment questline is bugged for me when Mekkatorque and Erazmin are supposed to give their address to their people. Sucks

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post

Nomi is apparently canonically part of the Horde now.
    He saw the burning of teldrassil and thought: yep, my people.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    He saw the burning of teldrassil and thought: yep, my people.
    I actually laughed at this.

Then the horrible memories came back...

Blizzard is adding a bunch of a new and old mounts in 8.3, such as the Cloud Serpent recolors and even a Storm Drake recolor from Cata. I feel like this would be a good time to make the Purple Qiraji War Tank available. After all, we're both going to Uldum and taking on N'Zoth and his insect minions.

It fits the same color scheme as some of the Aqir mounts added in this patch, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Blizzard is adding a bunch of a new and old mounts in 8.3, such as the Cloud Serpent recolors and even a Storm Drake recolor from Cata. I feel like this would be a good time to make the Purple Qiraji War Tank available. After all, we're both going to Uldum and taking on N'Zoth and his insect minions.
    -snip-
    It fits the same color scheme as some of the Aqir mounts added in this patch, too.
    No, purple Qiraij War Tank shouldn't be ever available. Other colors are fine, but never purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, purple Qiraij War Tank shouldn't be ever available. Other colors are fine, but never purple.
    Why not?
    10ch

Why not?
    10ch
    It's for Scarab Lords only. Even if it's another HD version - it just shouldn't. It would decrease the prestige of the previous one.

It's for Scarab Lords only. Even if it's another HD version - it just shouldn't.
    That's this one

That's this one -snip-
    But the Scarab Lord had the purple one, I know they changed it, but still. Red? Okay. Blue? Fine.

Purple/dark purple? No. It would decrease the prestige of the previous one that is not available.

But the Scarab Lord had the purple one, I know they changed it, but still. Red? Okay. Blue? Fine.

Purple/dark purple? No. It would decrease the prestige of the previous one that is not available.
    No, the Scarab Lord has sort of a very dark purple/dark blue moving into a black as in the picture above, but not the bright purple.

And I don't think Scarab Lords should hog a mount just because the color is somewhere on the same spectrum. They already have two mounts that are very clearly distinguishable. No one's going to confuse the two. It's like saying the Red Proto-Drake shouldn't be available because it looks similar enough to the Black Proto-Drake to be confused.

No, the Scarab Lord has sort of a very dark purple/dark blue moving into a black as in the picture above, but not the bright purple.

And I don't think Scarab Lords should hog a mount just because the color is somewhere on the same spectrum. They already have two mounts that are very clearly distinguishable. No one's going to confuse the two. It's like saying the Red Proto-Drake shouldn't be available because it looks similar enough to the Black Proto-Drake to be confused.
    But there's a difference between the RED proto drake and the BLACK proto drake, while differences between PURPLE and DARK PURPLE are not as high as in the previous comparison.

As I said - blue, red, yellow, green, pink, orange, grey? Fine.
    Purple(or any shade of it?) - no.

But there's a difference between the RED proto drake and the BLACK proto drake, while differences between PURPLE and DARK PURPLE are not as high as in the previous comparison.

As I said - blue, red, yellow, green, pink, orange, grey? Fine.
    Purple(or any shade of it?) - no.
    Both difference are mainly in tone. Darken the red proto-drake enough, and it'll look enough like the black proto drake (which is basically a brown)
    Darken the purple war tank enough and.. it still won't look like the Scarab Lord one, because that one is dark with mostly a blue sheen.

This arbitrary line in the sand is silly and Scarab Lords already got a second mount for free years after getting their first one, they don't get to patent a part of the color spectrum either.

Both difference are mainly in tone. Darken the red proto-drake enough, and it'll look enough like the black proto drake (which is basically a brown)

Darken the purple war tank enough and.. it still won't look like the Scarab Lord one, because that one is dark with mostly a blue sheen.
    You can distinguish the proto drakes easily.

About the Qiraji tanks - I think that it would. Especially with the blacker nights.

This arbitrary line in the sand is silly and Scarab Lords already got a second mount for free years after getting their first one, they don't get to patent a part of the color spectrum either.
    Maybe they should? Because it's something unique and prestigeous. And no cheap imitation should've get a place in current WoW.

You can distinguish the proto drakes easily.

About the Qiraji tanks - I think that it would. Especially with the blacker nights.
    You can easily tell the difference between the two War Tanks as well. To claim otherwise is a little disingenuous.
    You don't even get the Black War Tank by grabbing the purple one and darkening it. You need to shift its color values closer to blue, then darken it heavily to even come remotely close to the same color.
    Maybe they should? Because it's something unique and prestigeous. And no cheap imitation should've get a place in current WoW.
    I'm fine with them getting not one but two unique Black Tanks, but prestige.. lmao? You mean the prestige that it has after Blizzard let people who cheesed it between TBC and WoTLK keep theirs? The prestige of bought Scarab Lord accounts?

Speaking of prestige, have you seen what most of the gladiator mounts are? Most of the time, they're copies of currently available mounts with more armor: see, Netherdrakes and Stormdrakes. Yet Scarab Lords keep exclusive rights to a creature in any color remotely on the same spectrum as their own? Comical.

Anyway, for argument's sake, I spent a whole minute opening photoshop to grab the purple one and darken it down. According to you, it should get me to the black one.

Frankly, I just don't think we'll see eye-to-eye, so let's agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2019-11-08 at 06:44 PM.

You can easily tell the difference between the two War Tanks as well. To claim otherwise is a little disingenuous.
    You don't even get the Black War Tank by grabbing the purple one and darkening it. You need to shift its color values closer to blue, then darken it heavily to even come remotely close to the same color.
    Well, then maybe I should've checked my eyes. But my point still stands - purple(and any shade of it) should stay only for the Scarab Lords.

I'm fine with them getting not one but two unique Black Tanks, but prestige.. lmao?
    Yes, they're one of the most prestigeous mounts in the game. Saying other is wrong.

You mean the prestige that it has after Blizzard let people who cheesed it between TBC and WoTLK keep theirs?
    Didn't say anything about cheating/cheesing, so that argument is invalid.

The prestige of bought Scarab Lord accounts?
    Didn't say anything about accounts that were bought also, but yes - it's like buying an old car. It's still prestigeous, even if it belonged to the other person and I personally have no problems with that.

Yet Scarab Lords keep exclusive rights to a creature in any color remotely on the same spectrum as their own? Comical.
    Why not? You can easily distinguish gladiator mounts with the un-armored/armored ones.

Frankly, I just don't think we'll see eye-to-eye, so let's agree to disagree.
    Fine, it's just an opinion.