Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Azortharion's Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Guide - Battle for Azeroth

I have recently updated all my Hunter Guides on Icy-Veins for the new expansion and since there are no guides hosted here on MMO-C, I thought I'd cross-post them, both for information's sake and as a way to get feedback.

Any comments, suggestions or questions, just shoot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, you posted the Strengths and Weaknesses of the specs but what will be the go to raid spec for you? What will be the go to Mythic + spec?

I know MM was behind every other spec but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, though they all are extremely close to each other, is the choice a lot harder to make now?

I am not dedicated to any one spec yet personally. I always play whatever spec is the best (as far as I can play it, big problem in Legion when artifacts and legendaries dictated this, in BfA not so much). Right now, BM looks to be the slightly superior ranged spec, and Survival is perhaps even more competitive in raids, but falls behind in Mythic+ (see Burst AoE).

So for now, probably BM, but I got my finger on the spec swap button at all times.

Hey Az,

It's been a pleasure reading your shit since I've gone casulol and don't competitively raid in world ranks anymore. Thank you for the work you do for the Hunter community.

Have fun this release.

We briefly spoke a few days ago about leveling legendaries. Now, I'll ask about your leveling build, since I just see a standard raiding build posted on your updated icy-veins. I've been debating a few talents, but I'd like to see what you think.
    Last edited by Sylv_; 2018-08-13 at 05:42 PM.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

God Bless Azortharion and all you do for us hunters
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Thank you friend for your hard work.

One question: why aren’t you mentioning Roar of Sacrifice in the PvP talents section? I find it a good talent especially if i’m running with a ferocity or cunning pet and lacking Survival of the fittest!

Thanks for sharing.

Deleted
    Thanks for all your work!

Deleted
    looks like BM or SV will be the way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    looks like BM or SV will be the way to go.
    I'm leaning towards MM being the top spec in all aspects based purely off statistical data along with the overall mechanisms of the spec but we'll see how things play out in the coming week.

Just a friendly reminder to never take what "Alright" says seriously, he's very good at making posts that seem sincere when they're actually just bait. Just pretend he doesn't exist/block him and you'll save yourself lots of confusion/frustration.

I've been around for a long time and you are without a doubt the best resource out there. Your guides and presence in the community really make a difference, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Hey Az,

It's been a pleasure reading your shit since I've gone casulol and don't competitively raid in world ranks anymore. Thank you for the work you do for the Hunter community.

Have fun this release.

We briefly spoke a few days ago about leveling legendaries. Now, I'll ask about your leveling build, since I just see a standard raiding build posted on your updated icy-veins. I've been debating a few talents, but I'd like to see what you think.
    There's a leveling guide on Icy-Veins, actually. Just head to Classes > Leveling Guide (1-120), it has talents and stuff for all 3 specs.

This is what I am waiting for launch with right now:

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

There is something I still wonder. Would it be better to stay a bit at 2 stacks of Barbed Shot to make sure you don't lose the 3 stacks of Dire Frenzy, or would it be better to just use them and not waste stacks of Barbed Shot? And get your Bestial Wrath back quicker?

Something else I wonder, you listed on your stat priority Haste below Vers, wouldn't Haste be more important for auto attacks (even though it's minor) and cooldown reduction on Barbed Shot?
    Last edited by Gereorth666; 2018-08-13 at 09:48 PM.

It is never better to stay on 2 charges, ever. Being right under is acceptable, but never actually hitting 2.

To the Haste/Vers thing, all I can really say is no, it's not more important. ;p Else you'd see higher Haste stat values.

Ah alright! May I ask why Vers would be better than Haste? Or is it "just how it is"? That it scales better? Sorry if my questions seem dumb! Just trying to understand it, haha! (It would also seem logical to me that Haste would be above Vers or maybe equal).

It is just how it is. As in, Versatility is worth more damage% per point than Haste is, so yes, it scales better. Of course, if you got a lot of Versatility, it'll stop scaling so well and Haste will come out ahead.

Thank you for the guide! I want to clarify something about the Barbed shot - probably it's quite clear for others,but not for me and i've heard different opinions about how to use it properly. When is the moment I should stack 3 of them for the increased pet damage - i've read a view,that the most important is to manage to have 100% uptime of the buff and I do so,but when is the right moment to and get the 3 stacks?For example,I have one stack up already,but I can use Barbed shot twice in a row,though I would have to sacrifice the KC - should I go for it? I read,that KC should be used on cd,but the highest priority is to have 3x Barbed shot stacks up.

You should always attempt to have 3 stacks, there is never a point in time where you stop doing so. So the answer to "when is the moment" is "as often as humanly possible".

really enjoying BM right now