Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    One. Market Square is still being sold ten years later. UCS Death Star V1.5 is also on shelves years later. Checkmate.
    Saturn V was a good set. The first one I had to actually sort pieces on.
    Market Square doesn't exists - there is Market Street 10190 which is no longer available and Assembly Square 10255 which was released in 2017. Death Star 75159 was released in 2016 but it is different from the one which was released in 2008 (10188) and is no longer available. Checkmate? Are we playing chess? You lost. GG go next.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    Market Square doesn't exists - there is Market Street 10190 which is no longer available and Assembly Square 10255 which was released in 2017. Death Star 75159 was released in 2016 but it is different from the one which was released in 2008 (10188) and is no longer available. Checkmate? Are we playing chess? You lost. GG go next.
    Market Street was available for years. and so was 2016 death star (which was released like a year after 2008 death star discontinued), again disproving you, but you know, keep forgetting to mention that tiny little detail that screws you over. GG no re

15+ Year Old Account
    Market Street was available for years. and so was 2016 death star (which was released like a year after 2008 death star discontinued), again disproving you, but you know, keep forgetting to mention that tiny little detail that screws you over. GG no re
    ok man, can you explain what details screws me or what I wrote isn't true? Seems you kinda need to disagree with me but you don't know what you want to disagree with and trying to play edgy (aka Checkmate!) Are you just trolling or what?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    ok man, can you explain what details screws me or what I wrote isn't true? Seems you kinda need to disagree with me but you don't know what you want to disagree with and trying to play edgy (aka Checkmate!) Are you just trolling or what?
    explains details you are missing
    Sellest: "Can you run that by me again?"

I'll humor you. While sets often have end dates, depending on their popularity (and profit margins) LEGO will sometimes run them for years past their end date. End dates are not set in stone, especially for modulars, and other adult focused content such as UCS. Both Death Stars ran for years. (And no, I'm not counting Death Star 2, just both versions of the original death star.)
    Market Street and a couple other original modulars ran for years. In fact, when I checked last year, Market Street was still on sale on shop.lego.com/en-us/.

End dates aren't always solid. 2006ish Clone Trooper Battle Pack ran for ages, from what I recall.

Also the bit about "Lego is the plural" is kind've elitest. Like a bunch of people talking peacefully about Torghast, only to have @zyko or his buddy show up with their inflated egos acting like only what they think/know is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    My collection from the 80's and 90's, updated with a bunch of modern pieces I collected in the last year or so. Been a blast revisiting my old sets!

I wish they still made these fantasy sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Lego you say?

Working on this one now.
    The Lego Voltron set was great!

15+ Year Old Account
    explains details you are missing
    Sellest: "Can you run that by me again?"

I'll humor you. While sets often have end dates, depending on their popularity (and profit margins) LEGO will sometimes run them for years past their end date. End dates are not set in stone, especially for modulars, and other adult focused content such as UCS. Both Death Stars ran for years. (And no, I'm not counting Death Star 2, just both versions of the original death star.)
    Market Street and a couple other original modulars ran for years. In fact, when I checked last year, Market Street was still on sale on shop.lego.com/en-us/.

End dates aren't always solid. 2006ish Clone Trooper Battle Pack ran for ages, from what I recall.

Also the bit about "Lego is the plural" is kind've elitest. Like a bunch of people talking peacefully about Torghast, only to have @zyko or his buddy show up with their inflated egos acting like only what they think/know is valid.
    OK, let me sum it up - you wrote "Some very old modulars are still being sold by lego." which isn't true and that's why I disagreed with you (you can check on official shop if it is available or brickpedia when it was released). You replied that they were selling for years (which is something that is normal and I never disagreed with that) - normal product lifecycle is 3-4 years - and yes, it might be prolonged depending on sales, license etc but it is usually not a common thing. I don't believe you Market street was still on sale last year since it is really old product. And about the plural - it is not "elitest" - actually it is official guidance by the company.

5+ Year Old Account
    OK, let me sum it up - you wrote "Some very old modulars are still being sold by lego." which isn't true and that's why I disagreed with you (you can check on official shop if it is available or brickpedia when it was released). You replied that they were selling for years (which is something that is normal and I never disagreed with that) - normal product lifecycle is 3-4 years - and yes, it might be prolonged depending on sales, license etc but it is usually not a common thing. I don't believe you Market street was still on sale last year since it is really old product. And about the plural - it is not "elitest" - actually it is official guidance by the company.
    Oh cool. Didn't know you were the grammar police.
    And your claim about the 2016 death star being retired is outright false.
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/death-star-75159
    Oh look, Lego even relaunched the 2008 Taj Mahal. Which means *it is still being sold*
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/taj-mahal-10256
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-08-12 at 02:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool. Didn't know you were the grammar police.
    And your claim about the 2016 death star being retired is outright false.
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/death-star-75159
    Oh look, Lego even relaunched the 2008 Taj Mahal. Which means *it is still being sold*
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/taj-mahal-10256
    It is not about grammar but about protecting brand name. I never stated 75159 Death Star was retired - I wrote old one 10188 is no longer available. Do you have problems understanding written text? And yes - Taj Mahal was relaunched - under different number. All my claims stand but you still feel the urge to attack me after I proved you wrong. Swallow it and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by portillos View Post
    I wish they still made these fantasy sets.
    I miss some kingdom theme - I mean LOTR and Hobbit were good but expensive due the license. I am still angry on myself I didn't bought https://www.lego.com/en-cz/product/kingdoms-joust-10223 when it was available.

5+ Year Old Account
    It is not about grammar but about protecting brand name. I never stated 75159 Death Star was retired - I wrote old one 10188 is no longer available. Do you have problems understanding written text? And yes - Taj Mahal was relaunched - under different number. All my claims stand but you still feel the urge to attack me after I proved you wrong. Swallow it and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss some kingdom theme - I mean LOTR and Hobbit were good but expensive due the license. I am still angry on myself I didn't bought https://www.lego.com/en-cz/product/kingdoms-joust-10223 when it was available.
    You're the one coming into the thread, correcting everybody and acting like you know it all, then acting like you're being attacked when you get forced to backtrack.
    also you quite literally said "2016 death star is different from the one released in 2008 and is no longer available"
    Also a set relaunching under a new number changes literally nothing if it's the same exact set, like it is in the case of the taj mahal, or the 2008 death star relaunching as the 2016 death star, but now with nu people legos
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-08-12 at 11:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're the one coming into the thread, correcting everybody and acting like you know it all, then acting like you're being attacked when you get forced to backtrack.
    also you quite literally said "2016 death star is different from the one released in 2008 and is no longer available"
    Also a set relaunching under a new number changes literally nothing if it's the same exact set, like it is in the case of the taj mahal, or the 2008 death star relaunching as the 2016 death star, but now with nu people legos
    I definitely know better after 13 years in company than random troll like you who is unable to read or even quote. If you quoted my whole sentence you would know that part about not being available was with old version of death star not 2016 one but keep making fool from yourself.
    Last edited by Sellest; 2020-08-14 at 07:43 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

They need to bring back the Fantasy and Pirates sets. They came out with the Pirates of Barracuda Bay soooo maybe more will follow. The Harry Potter sets are the closes thing to fantasy, but still not the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    They need to bring back the Fantasy and Pirates sets. They came out with the Pirates of Barracuda Bay soooo maybe more will follow. The Harry Potter sets are the closes thing to fantasy, but still not the same.
    Unfortunately 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay is not normal set but it is fan made. It means that someone came up with idea and design on ideas.lego.com, it gathered enough votes and then it won in "finals" against other 10k vote ideas. Final design is then improved by LEGO designer and sold in store while original designer gets some % of sales. Only LEGO pirates (I mean original LEGO design) produced right now is creator (imho it is not as good as 21322 Barracuda Bay)

BTW: Anyone tried LEGO Mario?

5+ Year Old Account
    I has a sad, where is my mandalorian n baby yoda legos? Hope they arrive soon...this year has been cruel..

5+ Year Old Account
    I definitely know better after 13 years in company than random troll like you who is unable to read or even quote. If you quoted my whole sentence you would know that part about not being available was with old version of death star not 2016 one but keep making fool from yourself.
    Oh? I'm the random troll when you're the one who came into the thread, started correcting people on everything, insisting we use assinine terms when talking about fucking legos, name calling, etc?

Absolutely not. Get the fuck out of my thread. Reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the fuck out of my thread.
    Why is it that you think that starting a thread would give you some kind of "ownership" that you have to make clear to everyone ( and it is not even the first thread that happened). Thats some weird strive for authority you are displaying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Soooo much this. Quite recently i felt like "hey i wanna relive child-like wonder and buy myself nice lego set to put on shelf", and there was nothing nice to buy in few stores i visit. Its just that shitty ninjago and star wars theme grinded into oblivion. The only nice sets are ironically creator ones because they are the closest to what lego was in "golden age". And quite interestingly the best sets nowadays are those aimed at girls.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Why is it that you think that starting a thread would give you some kind of "ownership" that you have to make clear to everyone ( and it is not even the first thread that happened). Thats some weird strive for authority you are displaying.
    See that green highlighting around my name? It displays ownership of the thread. It's built into vBulletin forums like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Soooo much this. Quite recently i felt like "hey i wanna relive child-like wonder and buy myself nice lego set to put on shelf", and there was nothing nice to buy in few stores i visit. Its just that shitty ninjago and star wars theme grinded into oblivion. The only nice sets are ironically creator ones because they are the closest to what lego was in "golden age". And quite interestingly the best sets nowadays are those aimed at girls.
    Hey! the star wars sets aren't shitty... I've got the Razor Crest and the new transport thing and the remastered Tantive IV next to sets like 2005/6 B-wing, X-wing, and Y-wing. They look amazing next to each other,

10+ Year Old Account
    See that green highlighting around my name? It displays ownership of the thread. It's built into vBulletin forums like this.
    It just shows that you started the topic, you own nothing here on this website.

5+ Year Old Account
    Do you want to make some Warcrimes~

5+ Year Old Account
    OooooooOoOOOo the razorcrest!