Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warriors surviveabiliy leveling

So I’ve had a play around leveling a little on my DH, ole el was mostly from the pre expac WQ’s, so far he’s not having any issues at all mowing down packs, despite all the sky is falling I read. How are warriors getting on? I was tempted to use my boost on mine but am curious about this first

I boosted mine about a week and a half ago. Got all the 210 wow stuff, did enough wq in Argus to get 1000 waking essence while trying to get rep with AR so I bought the legendary kJ trinket and got the legendary ww belt off an invasion.

So I went into bfa at 221 ilvl and I don’t think I have gotten below 70% health yet and I generally pull 3-4 mobs at a time. But I have only done questing, no dungeons yet

Started leveling as Fury in ~ 215 Gear and I am having no issues what so ever. 4 mobs at a time is np as Bloodthirst and VR heal decently. Also no problem soloing group quests so far. Love it!

I'm currently leveling a warrior as arms, boosted it and got 220ilvl before expansion hit. Every quest about killing X mobs I'm just pulling every mob I can reach without it resetting and going Avatar -> Warbreaker -> Bladestorm and if I need it, Die by the Sword + Rallying Cry.
    I'm blasting through thoses quests, almost everyone of them I'm completing in one pull.

Using Second Wind to regen HP after the killing.

Deleted
    Brilliant thanks, just what I wanted to hear

Having no issues as fury. Tons of survivability and can solo the rares. Havnt tried as arms or Prot though.

There are 3 healing azerite traits that are actualy very helpfull. One heals when you kill a target(kinda like an auto victory rush) one heals when there are no enemies around(again kinda like Second Wind but much less healing) and other heals you when you are damaged every 6 second.

Combined these with Victory rush I rarely see my hp below 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    There are 3 healing azerite traits that are actualy very helpfull. One heals when you kill a target(kinda like an auto victory rush) one heals when there are no enemies around(again kinda like Second Wind but much less healing) and other heals you when you are damaged every 6 second.

Combined these with Victory rush I rarely see my hp below 100%.
    Same here. At 115 im pulling up to 10 mobs at a time sometimes. Though ill probably be pulling less as a level up more. The leech trait is very good for large packs along with victory rush and regen.

Early in the BfA leveling process warriors are monsters. With Victory Rush and your aoe you can mass pull to your heart's content.

Later on, once you lose leggy effects, you have to be more careful, but with all cooldowns up you can easily pull a pack of 6+ mobs and leave with 100% hp. Especially as Fury, between 6% BT healing, Azerite healing/shield traits, Victory Rush and Enraged Regen for emergencies, you're very durable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury leveling = easy mode. Just dinged 120 today.

There’s also an azerite trait that acts like Prydaz giving you a shield, so along with out self healing and other healing azerite traits there are a lot of options

I still have yet to do a graveyard run in bfa

I levelled as Arms with second wind, honestly the survival was better than good because any time things got scary you've got the big guns to save you. Die by the sword combined with Bladestorm just turns you into an inkillable death machine and if things are still going wrong you can just intimidating shout and run away, heal up to full thanks to second wind and then explore your options.

So yeah, at least as Arms the leveling survival is fantastic.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I levelled as Arms with second wind, honestly the survival was better than good because any time things got scary you've got the big guns to save you. Die by the sword combined with Bladestorm just turns you into an inkillable death machine and if things are still going wrong you can just intimidating shout and run away, heal up to full thanks to second wind and then explore your options.

So yeah, at least as Arms the leveling survival is fantastic.
    Second wind only works when you don't get hit

Fearing all the mobs definetely helps with not being hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender View Post
    Second wind only works when you don't get hit
    That's why you have die by the sword, intimidating shout and heroic leap

That's why you have die by the sword, intimidating shout and heroic leap
    Die by the sword doesn't help again spells. Intimidatin shout, sure if you wanna pull even more mobs. Heroic Leap, sure if you wanna run from every fight where you don't have avatar, warbreaker and bladestorm on CD

I tried leveling as both arms and fury. I found fury a lot easier due to all the healing

Deleted
    Go tank, pull 20 mobs, spam aoe and win

Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender View Post
    Die by the sword doesn't help again spells. Intimidatin shout, sure if you wanna pull even more mobs. Heroic Leap, sure if you wanna run from every fight where you don't have avatar, warbreaker and bladestorm on CD

I tried leveling as both arms and fury. I found fury a lot easier due to all the healing
    Intimidating shout isn't gonna pull extra mobs, maybe if you're in a super tight environment like an indoor dungeon. DBTS doesn't help as much against spells but Pummel, spell reflection (war mode) and intimidating shout definitely does. As for leap, you only use it to temporarily get away to activate second wind and then you go back in, I've used it on occasion when pulling too many mobs along with elites.

Arms has great open world survival, once second wind is active you're full health in no time and Fury doesn't have DBTS so you can't pull anywhere near as big, since you don't have that immunity to melee.

Intimidating shout isn't gonna pull extra mobs, maybe if you're in a super tight environment like an indoor dungeon. DBTS doesn't help as much against spells but Pummel, spell reflection (war mode) and intimidating shout definitely does. As for leap, you only use it to temporarily get away to activate second wind and then you go back in, I've used it on occasion when pulling too many mobs along with elites.

Arms has great open world survival, once second wind is active you're full health in no time and Fury doesn't have DBTS so you can't pull anywhere near as big, since you don't have that immunity to melee.
    Are you new to fear? You haven't seen mobs running in different directions? You can only pummel 1 target every 15 seconds. Time spending leaping around to get second wind to proc, is time you could be spending leveling as fury.

No fury doesn't have DBTS, but it have enraged regen. Which is on a shorter cooldown and will heal you to full hp.

Deleted
    Leveled as Arms and I had no issues with surviving. Pull everything in sight and Warbreaker+Bladestorm, outside of that limit yourself to max 3-4 mobs. You'll rarely find spots in the open world where you can gather up more than that without one of them evading and resetting.

Use your Second Wind as well. Kite elites/rares with hamstring to heal up. Get the traits that heal when you kill something.