Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Shadow is actually so bad i heal heroics rather than dps them, and i dont like healing. I do this not because i cant clear them as shadow, but that DPS slot would be better filled with literally any other dps spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Buffing dots is problematic considering how voidform works.
    Our DOTs do about 8% of our single target damage each right now, 16% DOT damage overall.

At this point we're out-DOT'd by almost every spec in the game.

Also, the best solution to Voidform being problematic with DoTs, is to remove Voidform, since Voidform is also problematic with everything else in our spec too.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

5+ Year Old Account
    Not getting my hopes up for 8.1.0, they are not going to get a spec revamp *because reasons* and wait until next expansion ( ), and will most likely just do some flat damage increases or increasing mastery gained per point.

at least Disc is good.

Deleted
    Just hit lvl 116 and i dont want to play anymore. it feels like you get nothing done :/ also no fun in gameplay kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The problem is that people like you would see a handful of top priests getting good parses and assume that the class has no problems, even going so far as calling it "OP" and crying for nerfs. Top logs/parses in mythic raids are not always a good indicator of how well a class functions overall in every aspect of the game.
    I don't know if I'd call them problems so much as I would call them tradeoffs. I was more going for the point that shadow priests appear all over the DPS charts, top to bottom, with strengths in some areas and weaknesses in others. We have more AoE so we'll have less single target damage.

All these shadow priest abilities need to be considered in context of pvp as well as raiding and m+. Shadowy Insight looks weak, but in a BG with Misery, ToF, SW, and working as a team, it can provide some surprisingly frequent repeated blasts. Add in Void Origins and Dark Ascension for AoE blasting and there's quite some well-timed pewpew. With all that blastiness comes the tradeoff of slower mobility and less damage protection. We need to work as part of a team to succeed (which doesn't have to mean living through a fight).

I respec'd Disc from level 112 to finish the leveling, and I continued all the WQ stuff as Disc. Then I hero'd as Disc/Holy.

I decided to try a freaking M+ dungeon as Shadow, 323i.

Shadow Priest is definitely over for me after 7 years. As long as we have this obnoxious 6-8% haste (thanks Blizzard for enhancing the "ilvl > all" and outright removing all secondary stats, we love that don't we) and atrocious gameplay, I won't ever switch to this spec again.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    I don't know if I'd call them problems so much as I would call them tradeoffs.

strengths in some areas and weaknesses in others.
    "You get to be okayish in raids, good on like 1-2 bosses per tier, but in return you are garbage in dungeons, garbage AoE, no burst damage, super long ramp up time, and if you have to move, your DPS drops like a rock"

yeah, great tradeoff

I just hope their solution is to buff shadow and not nerf disc to solve the problem.