Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
  1. #521
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9647823#post-1

    Told you shadow orbs werent making a comback.

    This is half of what i expected to happen, i really wanted to see some heal mechanic after you get a killing blow on a mob.

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlol View Post
    If you people are so dense that you can’t understand what a spriest main means when they say they feel compellled to play disc because shadow is so bad, then there is no point to having a conversation.

    No one is says disc dps is superior to shadow, or that we earn our raid spot with disc dps that we can’t with shadow.

    What they are saying, is they are priest mains. Thy don’t wish to reeoll. Thy want to play a priest. Typically, disc/holy and shadow are different roles, fulfilling different play styles and attracting different players. However, shadow is so bad you often can’t get a spot. So, as you are a priest, that leaves you with disc and holy. Despite both being healing roles, there is greater similarity between disc and shadow than shadow and holy.

    In the days of dual specs, disc would have been my offspec.

    The viability of disc, as it relates to a spriest, is only relevant when shadow itself is non viable compared to other ranged dps specs. That is the case currently. My own opinions on the state of disc aside, if you nerf disc to the point where the only viable priest healing spec is holy, while not budding shadow. There is no role or quasi role to fill for the many priests who consider themselves first and foremost as ranged dps.
    My 367 disc is specced entirely for dps. I sim 12.5k dos. I usually pull 18-20k hps with 10k dps. Sure I can heal more if I focused on it, but as is I join raids as a dps while letting them take one less healer.

    Earlier on in the xpac I simmed higher as disc than I did as shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

  3. #523
    Bloodsail Admiral Kanariya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,064
    I don't even care about the mediocre damage. It's the mechanics, the playstyle, and mostly, the gimmick known as voidform. DoTs are nothing but insanity generators, our filler is nothing but an insanity generator, anything we do outside of Voidform is nothing but an insanity generator. Then we get into vf, gain actual damage but have to stand still and spam as much as possible to keep vf up, and any mistake is extreme punishment.

    This isn't what Shadow was about until 2016. It's horrific, and I really miss my old spriest.

    Honestly, if we have to keep Voidform, I'd rather it go to being a 3m cd with a fixed duration like old metamorphosis (pre-MoP) was for Warlocks.

  4. #524
    Stood in the Fire Joakim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    385
    I really dont get why people dislike shadow so much. I really enjoy them and ive been playing shadow since wotlk. All the people I see complain about shadowpriest really sucks, DPS-wise. I love the aoe burst, I love the rotation, everything feels nice especially together with dark void and dark ascension and mindbender. Im not saying we are the best, but we are definitly not the worst. I think we are fine atm, and with the buffs incoming, without a nerf...we are going to be OP.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    I really dont get why people dislike shadow so much. I really enjoy them and ive been playing shadow since wotlk. All the people I see complain about shadowpriest really sucks, DPS-wise. I love the aoe burst, I love the rotation, everything feels nice especially together with dark void and dark ascension and mindbender. Im not saying we are the best, but we are definitly not the worst. I think we are fine atm, and with the buffs incoming, without a nerf...we are going to be OP.
    To each their own. My own experience is shadow being... poor. The Burst pales compared to other classes (even when heavily talented), the single target is average at best. It's probably one of if not THE hardest spec to play in the game and the rewards are.... middling at best. On my priest I do about 2/3rds of my fury warrior who's 15 ilvls lower.

    Holy and disc are great. Shadow is... not.

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Someone never played during TBC, when the only reason to bring a shadowpriest was as a mana sponge
    Indeed, remember it well. SPs were fun to play back then.

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    To each their own. My own experience is shadow being... poor. The Burst pales compared to other classes (even when heavily talented), the single target is average at best. It's probably one of if not THE hardest spec to play in the game and the rewards are.... middling at best. On my priest I do about 2/3rds of my fury warrior who's 15 ilvls lower.

    Holy and disc are great. Shadow is... not.
    Same situation. I think I grasp the intricacies of my 385, MM raiding spriest, but my crappy rogue (yay Zul) is so much better in every aspect of the game it's not even funny. Damage, burst, survivability, immunities, group utilities, flow of the spec, it's like I'm playing a different game.

  8. #528
    Generally speaking, historically SP's have been pretty weak compared to other classes in the beginning of the expansions, but i always say that we scale really well as the secondary stats progress through the expansion, now... considering the fact that it's still the first raid tier and first pvp season, we're in a pretty fair spot, i wouldn't complain

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    Generally speaking, historically SP's have been pretty weak compared to other classes in the beginning of the expansions, but i always say that we scale really well as the secondary stats progress through the expansion, now... considering the fact that it's still the first raid tier and first pvp season, we're in a pretty fair spot, i wouldn't complain
    The problem is that, Shadow's scaling was always linked to secondaries. With the 40-ish% haste "caps", the ever increasing Crit, plus some mastery here and there, everything worked very well.

    But in BfA, Secondaries aren't worth shit, 3 out of the 4 items that brought the most secondaries now don't bring any (Azerite), and Primaries are worth a shitton more than secondaries.

    I don't expect Shadow Priest to scale as good as in previous expacs.

    Edit: Reminder

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The problem is that, Shadow's scaling was always linked to secondaries. With the 40-ish% haste "caps", the ever increasing Crit, plus some mastery here and there, everything worked very well.

    But in BfA, Secondaries aren't worth shit, 3 out of the 4 items that brought the most secondaries now don't bring any (Azerite), and Primaries are worth a shitton more than secondaries.

    I don't expect Shadow Priest to scale as good as in previous expacs.

    Edit: Reminder
    Yes, maybe not as good as in previous expacs, but we're still going to scale better than most classes i'd say. To give you the most primitive example, if i were to compare my personal progression from ~350 ilvl to ~380 to any given class through same ilvl, I just scaled better... not because i got used to my rotation better by the way, i still do the same thing that i've been doing 2-3 months ago. Also, the fact that we can still maintain roughly the same dps throughout the fight leads me to believe that we'll still scale better than others, because you have few classes that just go nuts on pull right.. hitting 40-50k dps while we're sweating at ~25 with bl, but we all know they're gonna be below us towards the end of the bossfight and our secodary stat scaling plays a huge role in that particular aspect.
    But yea, i agree that azerite pieces changed a thing or two, now you have few.. sort of paths to follow, for example I have absolutely no intention of playing a crit build with shadow apparition's trait. I have a 390 chest piece with shadow app trait but i'm not using, because i have no respect to that playstyle and i think it defeats the whole purpose of playing SP, and I'll probably stay true haste/matery, plus as you mentioned the ever increasing crit as the expansion progresses and ilvl raises .

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    Yes, maybe not as good as in previous expacs, but we're still going to scale better than most classes i'd say. To give you the most primitive example, if i were to compare my personal progression from ~350 ilvl to ~380 to any given class through same ilvl, I just scaled better... not because i got used to my rotation better by the way, i still do the same thing that i've been doing 2-3 months ago. Also, the fact that we can still maintain roughly the same dps throughout the fight leads me to believe that we'll still scale better than others, because you have few classes that just go nuts on pull right.. hitting 40-50k dps while we're sweating at ~25 with bl, but we all know they're gonna be below us towards the end of the bossfight and our secodary stat scaling plays a huge role in that particular aspect.
    But yea, i agree that azerite pieces changed a thing or two, now you have few.. sort of paths to follow, for example I have absolutely no intention of playing a crit build with shadow apparition's trait. I have a 390 chest piece with shadow app trait but i'm not using, because i have no respect to that playstyle and i think it defeats the whole purpose of playing SP, and I'll probably stay true haste/matery, plus as you mentioned the ever increasing crit as the expansion progresses and ilvl raises .
    Sims have reflected the opposite thus far. Going from 340 to 385 we actually scaled down. Specs now who scale better with primary stats are going to scale better then us actually.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •