Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    I've heard Shadow/Boomy will be decent in the upcoming raid, guessing there's some spread mobs to dot up.

I still hate how shadow "offensive cd" is the shitty fiend though, feels lackluster compared to every other spec in the game that has an ondemand 20-30% dmg buff (ok we get voidform but its awkward as fuck when mb comes off cd the same time vb does)

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    That would be a compelling argument, if you ignored our entire toolkit and how the class works. We don't have any CDs to blow on pull, and thus, don't benefit from having shorter fights, compared to the other classes that actually have proper 2/3min burst CDs. Try again.
    But we benefit from fights which are 2 or 3-minute long. I was not talking about Bloodlust-long encounters.

Shadow Priest was strong on long fights before, when our execute was a thing, but now we tend to be better in shorter fights, because of how Insanity is designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I've heard Shadow/Boomy will be decent in the upcoming raid, guessing there's some spread mobs to dot up.
    Translation: Incoming nerf because there are at least two bosses with long living adds and/or there is at least one council fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post

I still hate how shadow "offensive cd" is the shitty fiend though, feels lackluster compared to every other spec in the game that has an ondemand 20-30% dmg buff (ok we get voidform but its awkward as fuck when mb comes off cd the same time vb does)
    I've wanted to ask about this, when they are both coming off cooldown which to use first? Also the shadowfiend is it used during or outside of the enhanced void form?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    I've wanted to ask about this, when they are both coming off cooldown which to use first? Also the shadowfiend is it used during or outside of the enhanced void form?
    Working as intended, meaningful decision making, every couple seconds for eternity.

Whoever is in charge of shadow, I wouldn't even let them fix me some coffee at work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    VB has a higher priority. Use Shadowfiend (non-Mindbender) basically on cooldown. It's not worth saving it to try and gain more stacks in Voidform. If you use it during Voidform, try to fit it in while VB is on cooldown (as VB still maintains highest priority). If you've taken Mindbender, I typically use it around ~7 or 8 stacks during Voidform.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    And finally percentiles:
    Max: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...=7&dataset=100
    75th: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...cs/19#sample=7
    Notice how Max is lower then 75th.
    What does all of this tell you combined? They don't actually scale that well.
    it also means that other specs are more proc and luck depending to achieve really high results. yes, you also see correlation to skill of the player. But see retribution paladin in your links, they go from lower third to top. Its not that retribution is overlay hard to play, its because you can have a shit load of chain procs of divine purpose and their new divine storm trait, combined with the holy power explosion extra.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    it also means that other specs are more proc and luck depending to achieve really high results. yes, you also see correlation to skill of the player. But see retribution paladin in your links, they go from lower third to top. Its not that retribution is overlay hard to play, its because you can have a shit load of chain procs of divine purpose and their new divine storm trait, combined with the holy power explosion extra.
    Not really, Sampling sizes are there to give you a median and Shadow is one of the least proc/luck based specs in the game. The only variableShadow has to that metric is crit which all specs in the game have as a variable, outside of that there is quite literally, nothing to proc.

simdps for wowprogress shows first shadowpriest (386 ilvl) at rank #892 lmao not to mention other issues this spec has.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Not really, Sampling sizes are there to give you a median and Shadow is one of the least proc/luck based specs in the game. The only variableShadow has to that metric is crit which all specs in the game have as a variable, outside of that there is quite literally, nothing to proc.
    I know that for shadows, but that doesn't mean that other specs, which surpass shadows when you look at MAX, do. its not healthy to compare yourself with the MAXIMUM result someone reached with a volatile spec and zero chance to do that again. Shadow damage is quite reliable in how it works and what you can expect.

I'm not arguing about shadows current place, just wanted to point out that using MAX or high percentile is not a good dataset because of the volatility of some dps

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    I know that for shadows, but that doesn't mean that other specs, which surpass shadows when you look at MAX, do. its not healthy to compare yourself with the MAXIMUM result someone reached with a volatile spec and zero chance to do that again. Shadow damage is quite reliable in how it works and what you can expect.

I'm not arguing about shadows current place, just wanted to point out that using MAX or high percentile is not a good dataset because of the volatility of some dps
    Wel if you looked at my original post you would see i used 3 metrics, max, 90h, and 75th. All gave the same conclusion. If you do not want to use the max data then don't(wasnt even the meat of my argument just a bonus). Even if you broke it down by ilvls you see the exact same trends.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    That would be a compelling argument, if you ignored our entire toolkit and how the class works. We don't have any CDs to blow on pull, and thus, don't benefit from having shorter fights, compared to the other classes that actually have proper 2/3min burst CDs. Try again.
    I can agree on this one, twist of fate is a really strong passive IF the fight is long enough for that 10% execute damage to be relevant. I personally play with SW: D, which makes it even more exciting below 20%

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriest is always in this eternal rollercoaster, you will do okish in one raid or two, and then it's back to sucking and being a mediocre spec.

Shadow just can't perform near mage/warlock levels, people cry a river and the spriest nerfs happen. Unless you really love the spec, it's really hard to be an spriest.