Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Do it to get your bonus every week at the very least. Doing heroics it was 225 x 5 + 2500 for the bonus.
    Ye I do that. But now(for example) im fishing bcos thereis no more WQ of Azerite...

ONTOPIC: I will try Demonic the next days, My personal problem is that I dont like the spam of Demon Bite to generate fury. TT

If you have an eyes of rage trait or 3, demonic appetite is a pretty decent choice as well to fool around with.

Im at 10.5k sim with memo. What about the rest of you? Ilvl 334

10.6k with momo. 10.3k with demo. 333 Ilvl. And I really enjoying demo over momo for mythics

Fuck momo.

Everything but demonic+ demon blades+ blind fury feels horrendous to play for me.

I can't stomach Demon's Bite or using fel rush for DPS with its reliance on server stability and my latency.

I actually enjoyed my DH quite a lot until I realized how Momentum plays (I rerolled DH for BFA).

It feels very clunky to me. Either you are jumping into pillars with it to avoid getting out of melee range with your target, or you Fel Rush out of range of your target. Also, sometimes it is hard to find a good way to Fel Rush, and sometimes it made me pull other packs (surely this is partly my fault, but it makes the spec quite tricky to execute properly). With Unbound Chaos, you also want to be landing your Fel Rush on top of the mob. All in all, VERY hard to execute to perfection compared to other classes and specs.

Demonic feels way more straight forward and less clunky to me. I am actually considering rerolling atm, simply because Momentum feels so clunky to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

Don't get me wrong, the numbers are good. It is just the playstyle that bothers me. Maybe I just haven't mastered it yet and once I do, I won't find it to be clunky anymore.
    Last edited by Cytraz; 2018-08-19 at 01:45 AM.

I wish fel rush simply stopped at your selected target and detonated for damage around you.

That way you can still use it for mobility but you can control its stop locations if you target an enemy and fel rush into them.

2 death sweeps per beam demo and 2+ revolving traits are pretty big

I enjoyed momo back in Emerald Nightmare, a lot. Doing the boss right was a great feeling. But now I feel it clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    How huge is Unbound Chaos for doing mythic dungeons? Because I've been getting 340 pieces with Revolving Blades and not sure if I should wear my lower ilvl Unbound Chaos ones instead.
    i simmed traits against 2 boss heavy cleave, revolving is still good, maybe 1 unbound if you feel the need for more clear damage

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...duJthw1P1Fm42J

Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    2 death sweeps per beam demo and 2+ revolving traits are pretty big
    Death Sweep doesn't actually multiply the damage of Revolving Blades, though, only the base damage of Blade Dance, while RB obviously benefits from Momentum.

(And you can easily calculate yourself that the number of BD gained from 25% multiplicative haste for 8 seconds every 30 seconds does not give as much damage as 15% damage on ~60% of casted BD, so the trait actually has stronger synergy with Momentum).
    Last edited by Farah; 2018-08-19 at 03:22 PM.

There is a rotation for the Momentum build on Wowhead, but I find it hard to theoretically understand why that would be the optimal rotation.

Does anyone here have a good way of explaining the priority list for the Momentum build rotation?

Its not going to work in those super tight runs where you kill as little trash as possible. The pull radius on mobs is higher and mob concentration is higher too.. (e. g. Freehold).

I tanked Motherlode and had a havoc team mate complaining he couldn't use his momo fully.
    We're talking little alley ways and edges buildings and hidden mines everywhere which will blow a poor little DH to pieces.

Also notice how mobs are super like super duper quick to poly a DH in Atal?? It's kind of hilarious. Happened to me on beta... and now live. FR.... Eyeb..(Insta poly the DH). Over and over again.
    Last edited by GamerDH; 2018-08-19 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farah View Post
    Death Sweep doesn't actually multiply the damage of Revolving Blades, though, only the base damage of Blade Dance, while RB obviously benefits from Momentum.

(And you can easily calculate yourself that the number of BD gained from 25% multiplicative haste for 8 seconds every 30 seconds does not give as much damage as 15% damage on ~60% of casted BD, so the trait actually has stronger synergy with Momentum).
    idk if the revolving and death sweep thing is true or not but if its merely 100 dps you lose not being spastic eventually adding more trash or restraining yourself from even fel rushing sometimes, id rather play demo

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...xCzEUxgxsLkePi

edit: oh, its just 30 dps difference right now

idk if the revolving and death sweep thing is true or not but if its merely 100 dps you lose not being spastic eventually adding more trash or restraining yourself from even fel rushing sometimes, id rather play demo

So sad demonic with demon blades is so comparatively low. I hate demon's bite with a passion, immolation aura and felblade should be baseline abilities with talents augmenting them instead.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Why would you sim single target when the topic of discussion is mythic+? You should sim 133 and not 131 by the way.

And if you're going to sim a Momentum build on single target, at least use the proper setup (321).

Edit: Changed the settings on the linked sim: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...9TXZkDUheKnqDp
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2018-08-20 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Why would you sim single target when the topic of discussion is mythic+? You should sim 133 and not 131 by the way.

And if you're going to sim a Momentum build on single target, at least use the proper setup (321).

Edit: Changed the settings on the linked sim: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...9TXZkDUheKnqDp
    not a surprise momentum wins with fel barrage, it doesnt seem necessary for dungeon content so far though and is weird singletarget

trail is pretty much aoe aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    10.6k with momo. 10.3k with demo. 333 Ilvl. And I really enjoying demo over momo for mythics
    Thanks for re-testing. This is more inline with what I was expecting. It's good to hear as I enjoyed demo over momo in Legion dungeons (due to the self-healing on trash).

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    ANd demonic is WAY WAY more fun!

- - - Updated - - -

I run this build so far and it feels good, fury generation is great too.
    What is the rotation you use for the demonic build?

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely HATE momentum build, so I will be going Demonic even if it costs me some DPS.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama