Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    Right now affliction is dumpster for mythic aoe. Pretty embarrassing actually. Especially when your chain pulling and you have no shards for seeds, and your other talent aoe is on cooldown.... I guess I will casually apply agony here and there hoping for a shard. It's a joke. Really is.
    Yes and you must save shards for bosses too, which means crippling your dps on trash (not being able to seed spam) as well.

Seriously, if only they removed seed cast time and have it generate a soulshard instead and nerfed our ST by 10-15%~ we`d be pretty viable imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hardly have a lot of data to go by with my one dungeon that I didn't know how to do at level 112, but my arms warrior seemed pretty good for that. Deep wounds application through cleave and bladestorm did a lot of aoe damage as far as I could tell, in the end 24% of my total damage. Mind you, not all of that was from AOE deep wounds, as on at least one single target boss battle it was also around that high.

Right!! I can't tell you how many times I had to criple my trash dps to save shards for the boss. Why don't you recover 3 shards instantly when out of combat?

BM hunter -

Unlimited mobility.
    Good singletarget burst.
    Great AOE.
    Decent sustained singletarget.
    Magic dispel.
    Immunity + two huge selfheals (or other team member heals) + 20% dmg reduc.
    *RANGED*.
    Most versatile CC.
    4 Second AOE stun (max duration).

Yea, I'm pretty fucking stoked.

BM has an AOE stun?

15+ Year Old Account
    As a monk I have not yet seen anyone outdpsing me in an aoe fight. But then again I'm not even in heroics yet, just regular dungeons.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Windwalker AoE got hit pretty hard compared to Legion with the 5 max stacks on Spinning Crane Kick + only 10% bonus damage per stack instead of 40%.
    Spinning Crane Kick only gets up to +50% damage in big AoE, where it was easily goign to +400% before.
    Fist of Fury also now deals less damage to secondary targets, which is a big aoe nerf.

But despite all of these, our aoe is still pretty solid, but more sustained, way less burst. Rushing Jade Wind is permanent AoE damage which seems to be a tool not many classes have anymore. You're very unlikely to see Monks be as crazy in M+ as they were during Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    BM has an AOE stun?
    Binding Shot. Don't need Posthaste when you have unlimited mobility and cheetah boosts you to mount-level speeds for 3 seconds anyway if disengage fails you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Binding Shot. Don't need Posthaste when you have unlimited mobility and cheetah boosts you to mount-level speeds for 3 seconds anyway if disengage fails you.
    Binding shot roots the targets, it no longer stuns them. But I do agree BM is pretty nice atm.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Binding shot roots the targets, it no longer stuns them. But I do agree BM is pretty nice atm.
    Oh, so it does. Guess it doesn't really matter when the tanks moving away from them either way. We've just been using it as a stun and literally not noticed the difference at all this entire week :/. My bad.

DH Havoc here.

we now use OAOE to describe it (Omegalul Area of Effect)

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mage is just silly.

The more mobs you pull, the more your damage ramps up exponentially.

I'm stripping far, far ahead of everyone during trash, and coming back in line on bosses
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It feels like they made some classes really amazing AOE and some really amazing ST. But not many that do both well. I am playing as feral leveling and a bit after at 120 when healers and tanks in the guild are around. I look pathetic below the tank levels on trash. Then I utterly smoke the shit out of everyone on boss fights in 5 mans. Keep in mind that these are players of similar skill level (usually clear mythic raiding guild) but at this point some difference in gear. But not so much different I would think the house is on fire levels like it feels so far on the meters.

Boomkin/rogue - Doing pretty well. Not as fun as Legion but AOE seems fine.

Deleted
    BM hunter is nice but the AOE is weak.

Sub- AOE basically means instant 5cp and 20-30k evis on whatever I feel needs to die now. It isn't bad, but the numbers are bigger than the actual AOE damage that's happening.

Deleted
    Warrior. We good fam.

Fury. Feels good to me. Has long setup time so things can go wrong if something unexpected happens.

Fury is shit, its a glorified cleave, not really an aoe.
    I can outdps my 338ilvl fury spec on my prot warrior by miles.

Arms is basically a bladestorm bot, anytime you don't have bladestorm, you depend on abusing stacking 3 perks of seismic wave to do any good aoe, sweeping strikes is not good aoe on it's own in the slightest, even if you try to cleave the bleed as best, need to abuse that seismic wave, which I can already see it being nerfed by 8.1.

In general it feels really clunky and I would rather have a rework, but people pop bladestorm, see 30k dmg and that's all they care for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadow - very good. Got three AoE nukes :>
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.