Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Only Way To Beat Addiction Is to Understand It

Hey Shaman team, Dan from Selkirk MB Canada here.

About a month ago I started a thread on how Shaman DPS is back on top, how great the dps will be, and how everyone will fall at our knee's and beg to bring Ele Shammies, and Enhance will smash Rouges as foretold by Craigith Payjeek years ago.

I stand here now, before my Shaman brothers a broken man.

I suppose the writing was on the wall all along. As a recovering addict of dps, I denied elemental had a problem, I swore I could control my urge to DPS, and finally hit rock bottom at the beginning of Legion as elemental was being out dps'd by noob players like Mommy Jeff from Selkirk who spends more time delivering Pizza than researching whats best for his spec as a Boomkin.

See that is how an addict works, justification of lies, and lies that justify doing what they do every day. So as an addict I kept on going, doing what I did best, lying to myself, listening to those who fed my addiction, believing that Blizzard would make elemental better. And finally, when they didn't I hit rock bottom. I picked up my computer, and in a fit of utter rage, threw it into my bathtub. Shattering it into a million pieces.

You can actually see the addiction seep from the components of my CPU, filling the tub.

And with that, I began to rebuild my life.

Chase Mires from Houston Texas, by way of Baytown would stand by me. Luke Smith and his loving wife Avira walked away from me when I needed them the most. And Scotty, oh dear Scotty, the meatman of St Anne MB, he helped me most by helping me find the Ram to rebuild my PC. All the ram I needed was at www.downloadmoreram.com

Who knew Ram is a scam and you can now use "Vitual Ram" which is faster and more stable then real Ram.
    Scotty knew.

Scotty may never know what class he intends to play, and lets be honest, he will find reasons in his own mind on why he should swap, because in the end he's afraid of failure at one class. Its his fear that holds him back, and it is his fear that makes him the friend I need right now, but not the friend I deserve.

Anyways,

with the help of the book "As Bill Sees It"

My once "proud" days of DPS have come to an end.

I chose FAMILY
    I choose my Night Lords guild brother
    I choose

RESTO SHAMMY

Day 2 of the expansion healing Mythics in a gear score so low I can see under Lukes moms dress, Resto has purified my need to DPS.

I stand here now, before you my Shaman brother, broken, and renewed, ready to take on whatever Mythic + has in store for me.

I thank you for your time,

and recommend you heal this expansion.

Thanks
    Dan

10+ Year Old Account
    the fuck i just read

I made the sensible choice and switched to enhancement for the time being. That said, I've yet to reach level 120 so don't know how enhancement feels with currently available stat values.

Elemental felt horrible at 110, so I'll see if Blizzard can fix it with 8.1. No expectations though
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Hey Shaman team, Dan from Selkirk MB Canada here.

About a month ago I started a thread on how Shaman DPS is back on top, how great the dps will be, and how everyone will fall at our knee's and beg to bring Ele Shammies, and Enhance will smash Rouges as foretold by Craigith Payjeek years ago.

I stand here now, before my Shaman brothers a broken man.

I suppose the writing was on the wall all along. As a recovering addict of dps, I denied elemental had a problem, I swore I could control my urge to DPS, and finally hit rock bottom at the beginning of Legion as elemental was being out dps'd by noob players like Mommy Jeff from Selkirk who spends more time delivering Pizza than researching whats best for his spec as a Boomkin.

See that is how an addict works, justification of lies, and lies that justify doing what they do every day. So as an addict I kept on going, doing what I did best, lying to myself, listening to those who fed my addiction, believing that Blizzard would make elemental better. And finally, when they didn't I hit rock bottom. I picked up my computer, and in a fit of utter rage, threw it into my bathtub. Shattering it into a million pieces.

You can actually see the addiction seep from the components of my CPU, filling the tub.

And with that, I began to rebuild my life.

Chase Mires from Houston Texas, by way of Baytown would stand by me. Luke Smith and his loving wife Avira walked away from me when I needed them the most. And Scotty, oh dear Scotty, the meatman of St Anne MB, he helped me most by helping me find the Ram to rebuild my PC. All the ram I needed was at www.downloadmoreram.com

Who knew Ram is a scam and you can now use "Vitual Ram" which is faster and more stable then real Ram.
    Scotty knew.

Scotty may never know what class he intends to play, and lets be honest, he will find reasons in his own mind on why he should swap, because in the end he's afraid of failure at one class. Its his fear that holds him back, and it is his fear that makes him the friend I need right now, but not the friend I deserve.

Anyways,

with the help of the book "As Bill Sees It"

My once "proud" days of DPS have come to an end.

I chose FAMILY
    I choose my Night Lords guild brother
    I choose

RESTO SHAMMY

Day 2 of the expansion healing Mythics in a gear score so low I can see under Lukes moms dress, Resto has purified my need to DPS.

I stand here now, before you my Shaman brother, broken, and renewed, ready to take on whatever Mythic + has in store for me.

I thank you for your time,

and recommend you heal this expansion.

Thanks
    Dan
    LOL, I love you Dan keep it real brother.

You really didn't need to quote the whole thing just to reply with one line of text D:

Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    You really didn't need to quote the whole thing just to reply with one line of text D:
    He's..... not all there.....

lmao amazing.

i've been playing elemental for 10 years now, it's trash it's fucking awful.

i have endless rank 1 parses, almost all cutting edge till i stopped mythic raiding in ToS, but i keep on trucking, i just know it's trash and i expect nothing better from a trash lazy company like blizzard.

high quality post btw. i'm with you bruh

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...an/Maeveycakes

And there we go, this proves Resto when played with skill, we're right there baby.

Quote Originally Posted by kevildelle View Post
    Thank you for sharing the useful thing, I will share with my friends this useful thing!

No problem brother.

Remember it's all about the next 24.

I'm still DPS free. Proud of it.

Chase fell off the wagon. Hes addicted to Apex now. Couldn't make it a whole tier before swapping classes then left all together. Still love him but the trust is broken.

Mommy Jeff stole from me. Left server then came back. Hes got his head straight and works at his class now that he had his oh shit moment with the local RCMP.

Luke's mom and sister are still hot.

Thank you sweet Daniel, for being the voice of the shaman community.

This is funny now that Elemental is FotM.

Resto has sadly slowed as guilds get better and takes less damage overall, but we're still very powerful!

Elemental is doing great.

Shaman! We taking over!

why not both? :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lmao amazing.

i've been playing elemental for 10 years now, it's trash it's fucking awful.

i have endless rank 1 parses, almost all cutting edge till i stopped mythic raiding in ToS, but i keep on trucking, i just know it's trash and i expect nothing better from a trash lazy company like blizzard.
    Post those rank 1 parse now!

And with BFA ending, you have to look back to understand where you're heading.

Shadowlands! Shaman Taking Over!!!!

WELCOME DAN TO THE RESTO MASTER RACE YOU NEVER KNEW EXISTED!

but for real resto has been my shaman main for years and while it has it's ups and downs you never feel as worthless as you do when you dps. You also get EZ invites to whatever as a healer and can completely smash meters in any guild that isn't in the top 100 or has a disc priest (may that spec die in holy fire).

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    (may that spec die in holy fire).
    This is the best post I have read all month, I have felt exactly this way since ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad to see apple products drowned. Now get yourself some proper equipment mate.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalika View Post
    This is the best post I have read all month, I have felt exactly this way since ICC.
    thanks mate. I really think Shaman is the sleeper spec for PVE (my focus). i plan on getting back into wow more with the new expansion. I played since ICC too and yeah when i could i would not bring disc priests to my raid just so I could actually pull good numbers. The way their kit works is just plain toxic to every other healer and they look way better than what they actually are. I've seen a lot of shadowlands videos and it's clear that no one really understands the spec anymore and just play it as an alt.

Unless they make changes though necrolord shaman is going to dominate among people who know how to use it. The healing stream conduit and tidal core legendary will make chain heal just plain obsolete. Back in uldir i didn't even use the mana hog in luei of downpour and wave. It took some skill to use right but it was absolutely massive and cheap to maintain. While i love chain heal i want to see it deleted from the game along side our mastery. but our mastery isn't as bad as some healers (mistweaver in particular) so i guess i can't argue. But man i gamble with my raid's health a lot.