Diablo III Switch port announcement trailer

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...intendo-switch

More info from Eurogamer:

Ganondorf transmog set, Cucco pet, Triforce portrait frame, and a set of wings.

Adventure mode unlocked from the start.

Single JoyCons can be used, 4-player local co-op wirelessly.

Will require Nintendo Switch Online, but will use Blizzard's cloud service for game saving instead of Nintendo's, even single player as long as you connect to the internet.

Can transfer character's between Switches, but not to and from other platforms.

Cross-play not avalible, but is being considered.

60 fps, 960p docked, 720p handheld.
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2018-08-16 at 04:24 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, cool. It's a good game.

Can't believe they ported that old game, but the 4 player coop on the go seems pretty cool.

Seems like a straight port. I guess Nintendo got over their 'ports must have new content' rule for the Switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Handheld being 60fps 720p is awesome. Ik last gen systems probably were the same, but clarification is nice. Too bad its 60. I might wait. Hopefully it drops to a more palatable price soon. I'd pay 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Handheld being 60fps 720p is awesome. Ik last gen systems probably were the same, but clarification is nice. Too bad its 60. I might wait. Hopefully it drops to a more palatable price soon. I'd pay 40.
    PS3 was 720P and Xbox 360 upscaled to 1080.

Should damn well be 60 on the Switch. Surprised it's not higher in handheld though. 900 handheld and 1080 docked is what I was expecting personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    PS3 was 720P and Xbox 360 upscaled to 1080.

Should damn well be 60 on the Switch. Surprised it's not higher in handheld though. 900 handheld and 1080 docked is what I was expecting personally.
    Not like 720 vs 900 on handheld is noticeable. 900p is kinda dumb because it's hardly a change to anything, I think devs who bother with such a small thing is so they can say it looks better compared to past ports or whatever. Yea technically it is better but you'll hardly notice it.

The real kicker is that it's $60 lmao, oh yea blizzard took some advice from the people who ported skyrim/doom alright.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please let this not be the only big announcement for the franchise...

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    Please let this not be the only big announcement for the franchise...
    I fucking told you people. Check this website out and scroll down to the schedule:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.v...scom-2018/amp/

It's the same shit they pulled at Blizzcon: Nothing to show, so stall for time.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I fucking told you people. Check this website out and scroll down to the schedule:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.v...scom-2018/amp/

It's the same shit they pulled at Blizzcon: Nothing to show, so stall for time.
    Agree that nothing worth has been shown. Missed opportunity for sure - a Switch port may be interesting for Switch users but it's still old and non relevant news at this point.

Hope that Blizzcon is different but i'm afraid it won't. Though they EXPRESSELY said that there would be multiple announcements before the end of the year. Multiple may be = 2, but this means there's still one yet to wait for.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Feels kind of weird that they heavily used a bunch of content people pretty much never do such as campaign bosses to advertise it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Feels kind of weird that they heavily used a bunch of content people pretty much never do such as campaign bosses to advertise it though.
    How about the fact they are trying to sell a 6 year old game by promoting its mutliplayer features, and switch online has its own problems.

Its such a lame cash grab.

Very cool. Altho they should think about adding more content to the game first, then about porting to other platforms. Playing D3 seems kinda pointless now. I log for one-two days for the four chapters of season challenges and thats all. Sometimes i do more, like completing the whole season, but it also doesnt take too long.
    Theres nothing that would keep me playing the game for longer.

I would love to see crossplay with Xbox since Nintendo and Microsoft have been getting along so well recently. It would also be nice if blizzard let us transfer progress from other platforms, but all well.