Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Buff to arms mastery confirmed!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...87673?page=1#1

Greetings, Warriors of Azeroth!

We’re working on some significant tuning for Mastery: Deep Wounds. As has been pointed out here on the forums and elsewhere, the value of Mastery is particularly low for Arms. Although we are still working out the exact numbers, you can expect the following changes, intended to make Mastery a competitive combat rating:

A large increase to how much Mastery affects Deep Wounds’ damage.

A decrease to the damage of Arms’ other (non-Deep Wounds) abilities.

Increasing the effectiveness of Mastery necessitates that we offset it with reductions to other abilities, to keep Arms’ total damage about the same – this change is aimed at making sure Mastery is useful, not to be an overall buff to the spec.

With an average amount of Mastery, Deep Wounds is going to be much stronger after these changes. Note that the impact of these changes will differ slightly per-character, based on how much Mastery rating they have.

We will, of course, keep an eye on Arms’ performance and continue to make adjustments as necessary. With the first raid of Battle for Azeroth opening on September 4, we expect to make further pre-raid adjustments to this and other specs as usual over the next three weeks.

Thanks for your ongoing passion and feedback. See you on the battlefield!
    Yay, we won't have to wear gear 20-30 ilvs less then other pieces that have mastery anymore.

Gooooood, goooooood...

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...87673?page=1#1

Yay, we won't have to wear gear 20-30 ilvs less then other pieces that have mastery anymore.
    At least it is being looked at. Would prefer a baseline Deep Wounds with minimal contribution and Arms Mastery changed to mechanic similar to old Sword Spec that can supplement resource generation to fuel rotations.

Nice. I wont have to carry higher ilvl mastery items in my bags just to buff up ilvl anymore ^^

Deleted
    A decrease to the damage of Arms’ other (non-Deep Wounds) abilities.
    Not sure if I like this. I don't like passive applied DMG beeing a huge contributor to my overall damage.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2018-08-16 at 11:49 PM.

I'm skeptical it's gonna work out, Blizzard can't make this change and actually succeed in not changing the DPS performance because they are removing burst and putting it into sustain, which in a practical situation usually doesn't work out. Blizzard is also not good at balancing stuff, thats how we ended up in this place to begin with. Its nice that mastery is no longer gonna be waste, but Arms was pretty cool performance wise and this will change things a bit.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm skeptical it's gonna work out, Blizzard can't make this change and actually succeed in not changing the DPS performance because they are removing burst and putting it into sustain, which in a practical situation usually doesn't work out. Blizzard is also not good at balancing stuff, thats how we ended up in this place to begin with. Its nice that mastery is no longer gonna be waste, but Arms was pretty cool performance wise and this will change things a bit.
    My bigger worry (performance can always be tuned) is putting more of Arm's DPS in passive damage. In M+ Deep Wounds is already my highest source of damage.

IMO they should have reworked the scaling instead. The Mastery's problem is that it was strong enough as it is and any additional mastery was wasted because it barely increased the damage. Fix that instead of making Deep Wounds more important across the board.

are you happy that they are going to nerf across the board all damage abilities for arms to make the mastery good enough?... thats not good imo since they had to buff arms spells already cause the damage was so low in a hotfix.
    you shouldnt be wanting blizzard addressing things since their "buffs" are always nerfs.

Arms about to get screwed up for 3 or 4 patches mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by Cucultlan View Post
    are you happy that they are going to nerf across the board all damage abilities for arms to make the mastery good enough?... thats not good imo since they had to buff arms spells already cause the damage was so low in a hotfix.
    you shouldnt be wanting blizzard addressing things since their "buffs" are always nerfs.
    Well the mastery is bland, it's a static and passive damage that has no gameplay beyond applying and maintaining the dot, but since this is how they designed the mastery it's either live with mastery being a useless stat on gear or have them balance around it. Given that the exact opposite thing happened in Legion (if item has no mastery, don't equip it) I could have lived with Mastery being a dead stat until they figured out how to rework mastery entirely.

Having the spec based entirely on deep wounds damage isn't too thrilling. With all that said, I'm not invested like I was in expansions past and I wasn't intending to play for long anyway, so I'm not sure it really matters to me personally.

Deleted
    I hope they don't fuck it up! I hope they don't fuck it up! I hope they don't fuck it up! I hope they don't fuck it up! I hope they don't fuck it up! I hope they don't fuck it up!
    They won't... right... RIGHT ?!

So less burst, more bleeds. Meh...

Not sure why it warranted a hotfix, but mastery change is live...

Well that escalated quickly. I now have 125% mastery, not noticed what the other changes are yet but ok. Wish Blizz wouldn't do stealth changes, I mean in the 2 hours since they posted they were going to change something they could have figured out what to do and then posted it along with the changes to save everyone some confusion.

1 point mastery now + 10% (was 1%)

All abilities do 14% less damage.

what the fuck are they doing? so now our passive bleed damage is by far #1 with still no investment needed because it still always picks highest dot applied

Sweet dreams are made of bleeds.

the funniest thing is that feral dps isn't even good atm lmao

really hate playing fury but here we are

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still feels really good. Damage output is still really really good. Just less bursty. As fun as the absolutely insane burst was, we had to be realistic and know it was going to get toned down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    the funniest thing is that feral dps isn't even good atm lmao

really hate playing fury but here we are
    Hows that? I hate playing fury too, so I'm not going to. I've yet to see a fury warrior doing decently tbh.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest