Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Still feels really good. Damage output is still really really good. Just less bursty. As fun as the absolutely insane burst was, we had to be realistic and know it was going to get toned down a bit.

Hows that? I hate playing fury too, so I'm not going to. I've yet to see a fury warrior doing decently tbh.
    define burst, people keep using this to describe arms, I've yet to see it actually burst when compared to shit like ret paladins that can actually burst to 30k dps on ST

Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    define burst, people keep using this to describe arms, I've yet to see it actually burst when compared to shit like ret paladins that can actually burst to 30k dps on ST
    Pretty sure he meant AoE burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Pretty sure he meant AoE burst.
    there is specs that have us beat there too

I just did a dungeon with an arms and it seems like aoe is even better now. Deep Wounds doing like 20-35% dmg on trash packs.

my resumee of the changes is summed up with

Hit like a girl, Bleed like a girl.

Thats not the arms warrior fantasy i crave.

Why is the mastery even a dot? It doesn't even fit the fantasy of the spec. Arms warriors swing giant weapons with massive burst windows that turn their enemies into bloodied corpses. The mastery should increase that burst damage, not apply a forced bleed IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    That 14% across the board nerf tho....

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Why is the mastery even a dot? It doesn't even fit the fantasy of the spec. Arms warriors swing giant weapons with massive burst windows that turn their enemies into bloodied corpses. The mastery should increase that burst damage, not apply a forced bleed IMO.
    *cough* Rend and Deep Wounds since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    there is specs that have us beat there too
    What spec currently beats Arms Avatar/Warbreaker/Bladestorm combo? Haven't seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    What spec currently beats Arms Avatar/Warbreaker/Bladestorm combo? Haven't seen one.
    Frost mages and combat rogues to name a couple. Their consistent aoe capability is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    Frost mages and combat rogues to name a couple. Their consistent aoe capability is insane.
    Haven't found one that could beat Arms burst. I reckon they might on longer cleave fights, but then with the change to mastery, we should be a lot stronger than before there too. But anyway, I specifically mentioned AoE burst, not cleave, and so far no one could ever come close to my damage on packs.

Still a shitty mastery. So much of your damage depends on the mob staying alive, as opposed to most masteries that are immediate damage. I just don't get why they have such a hard on for deep wounds. Nobody's ever really liked it, and historically only had it because they specced for extra crit damage.

Second the opinion it should be something like old sword spec. Would at least be instant damage and bursty (which is what arms has always been known for)

A 14% reduction to abilities to buff passive damage.

Exciting.

Deleted
    I don´t know, Deep Wounds should just be a Baseline Passive like it used to be, scaling with AP/Strength and that´s it. Deep Wounds as Arms Mastery ist just boring, and goes against the Arms Class Fantasy that Blizzard always is so pushy about.

Why not have a Mastery that revolves around Opportunity Strikes, and further buffing the Mortal Strike/Overpower Combo?
    More Mastery = Higher Chance to procc an additional Attack and small +% Dmg Bonus on the next MS after using Overpower.

Also, slightly reduce Base DMG of Overpower and increase the %Bonus on the next MS, so that Button finally feels like it has some Impact. I hate the current State in which i press 2 Overpowers, Sharpen Blade and sometimes even 2 Executes, yet the MS still feels weak.

For AoE they should bring back Cleave as Baseline with something around a 4-8 Sec CD (maybe afected by Haste?) and switch around the Old WW/Cleave Combo. Pressing Whirlwind "marks" all Targets hit with a Debuff that increases the Damage and/or Crit Chance of the next Cleave by X%.

Replace the now free Spot in the Talent Row with Ravager, and bring back old Recklessness as an Option for On Demand Crit in the 100´s Row.

I love Arms, but right now it feels all over the Place. There is not really a consistent Theme. It´s missing the Chunky Clonks with scary Numbers.
    Last edited by mmoc82dcf0488d; 2018-08-17 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Additional Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well the mastery is bland, it's a static and passive damage that has no gameplay beyond applying and maintaining the dot, but since this is how they designed the mastery it's either live with mastery being a useless stat on gear or have them balance around it. Given that the exact opposite thing happened in Legion (if item has no mastery, don't equip it) I could have lived with Mastery being a dead stat until they figured out how to rework mastery entirely.

Having the spec based entirely on deep wounds damage isn't too thrilling. With all that said, I'm not invested like I was in expansions past and I wasn't intending to play for long anyway, so I'm not sure it really matters to me personally.
    ohh i see, well we need tos ee how this work at the end but i was ok gearing full haste>crit>>>>>>anything else opposite as legion with mastery stacks everywhere as you mentioned.
    at least they seems to be thinking more the change they are making this time.

It doesn't seem to have noticably decreased AOE burst. Probably because DW is already a part of the aoe burst since both Bladestorm and Ravager apply DW.
    Yet I dont see it is increasing sustain damage either unless you take Cleave talent. But Warbreaker is such a good talent you can't give up easily. Especialy when you have more than one Lord of War trait it is by itself an AOE nuke rather than a setup for Bladestorm.

Have yet to play it since the change but makes the spec sound pretty dull again. Hope to be wrong!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    nah, full buffed arms aoe burst is unrivaled.

I really enjoy building up to chunky MS-crits, and now those crits are smaller again, just so some boring, nigh-invisible DoT becomes a bit more effective?

It may even out as far as the numbers go, but it feels pretty lame (And for casual scrubs like me, how a class "feels" to play is pretty important), i want mobs to fall as i hit them, because i whacked them upside the head with a huge two-handed axe, not two seconds afterwards because a bleed without any visual effect ticked the last few percents off their HP...

Why not change mastery to also increase damage of Execute without Execute applying Deep Wounds? No more annoying dot overwriting and a choice to increase execute phase damage.