Deleted

Alliance Minimum of abillities as tank

I was wondering if more people feel the same way as i do.

I've leveled my DH as a tank to 120, but most of the times i got the feeling i am missing SO many abillities while throwing up my abillity routine:

(not counting defensive skills like Metamorph or Demonspikes)

(Optional) Glaive throw when i want to pull 2 or 3 mobs for quests etc.

Infernal Strike (to dive into them and close the distance)
    Sigil of Flame while i am still in the air from Infernal strike.
    Felblade as opener.
    Shear to pump up the energy and get those healing orbs.
    Soulcleave for healing or spiritbomb when there are 4 or more orbs.
    and as final Fiery Brand followed by Immolation aura

After that its only repeat of Shear, Felblade when it procs or CD has worn down and ten soulcleave or spiritbomb again.

So basically 2-3 main abillities followed by 2 (max 3) other low damage abillities.

Either i am missing something or this is not the propper way of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronakill View Post
    So basically 2-3 main abillities followed by 2 (max 3) other low damage abillities.
    How many buttons do you think other tanks press for their dps rotation after defenses are up? All tanks have a simple dps rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your talent set up.

With my set up I always use fracture x2 and Immolate (to get the 5th soul from the fallout proc) right into Spirit bomb. Soul cleave the pain away.

While I wait for fracture use Sigil of Flame and Throw Glaive.

Infernal strike is used any time since it's OGCD, for the slight damage to increase SoF uptime.

So yeah less abilities than it had in legion, but I find it engaging when compared to the other tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

In BFA tanking is harder then the previous expansions. It is norma to have a easy dps rotation. It will be pretty hard to tank the bosses and there will be strategies you'll be busy with.

Depending what kind of content you are doing those Sigil's will be handy. I know i have been using them all allot during mythic runs (especially when under geared.) As far as tanks go i think the toolkit/buttons we have are fairly decent even if it doesnt seem like we have much going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Depends on your talent set up.

With my set up I always use fracture x2 and Immolate (to get the 5th soul from the fallout proc) right into Spirit bomb. Soul cleave the pain away.

While I wait for fracture use Sigil of Flame and Throw Glaive.

Infernal strike is used any time since it's OGCD, for the slight damage to increase SoF uptime.

So yeah less abilities than it had in legion, but I find it engaging when compared to the other tanks.
    Exactly this, you should be using fracture and flame crash.

1. Spirit Bomb if 4 or more Souls are active.
    2. Fracture if you will not cap on Pain/Souls and you have Fracture talented.
    3. Immolation Aura if you will not cap on Pain/Souls.
    4. Soul Cleave.
    5. Sigil of Flame.
    6. Shear as a filler/if you will not cap on Pain/Souls and you do not have Fracture talented.
    7. Throw Glaive as a filler.

Icy Veins has a great rotation guide that you should read.