Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paladin Solo Thread (Battle for Azeroth Edition)

Inspired by the Legion solo thread I made, I figured there should be a BFA Edition. What solo's have you done so far?

I am currently ilvl 307 and I have soloed all of EN Normal Mode (last boss took 3 try's and going from sub ilvl 300 to ilvl305) I was barely able to beat him as well.

I also just soloed the first boss of the Nighthold with no issue at all.

Also Mythic's are just faceroll and I plan to do M+ solo's to see how far I can go.

(all of this was done as ret)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-08-17 at 11:37 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    We can already solo Legion content? Sweet.

Also I don't think you can access Mythic+ for Legion anymore... can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    We can already solo Legion content? Sweet.

Also I don't think you can access Mythic+ for Legion anymore... can you?
    The achievement's are still there and so is the thing at the start of the dungeon. I have cleared 2 Mythic's but no key drop.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-08-17 at 12:06 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Whelp. Hellfire Assault is impossible as ret without bear tartare. We're too slow to deal with all the adds. It really needs a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Whelp. Hellfire Assault is impossible as ret without bear tartare. We're too slow to deal with all the adds. It really needs a nerf.
    Yep I gave it one try and said screw this.

I did however solo all of Mythic BRF without any issue and the current Legion World Boss. The first boss of Tov can likely be soloed as well I just got to deal with the first two add's better.

When one is casting there ability u have to use ur charger and run away to drop the shield of the one chasing you. So It likely can be done its just a pain atm.

Edit: Really wish I knew where the Legion LFR NPC is so I can do LFR Wings.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-08-17 at 09:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone willing to make a guess on what item level you'll need to solo Antorus the Burning Throne on Heroic mode? Really want that paladin set :<

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Anyone willing to make a guess on what item level you'll need to solo Antorus the Burning Throne on Heroic mode? Really want that paladin set :<
    Not sure but I would guess at lease Mythic Dungeon ilvl. I haven't made it that far in so I can't be 100% sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Well chronomatic anomaly is broken lol.

Only wiped once because I killed the add then used the item it drops. To beat it just don't pick up that item, Just killed it with ease on my 2nd try.

(Chronomatic Anomaly NM Dead- ilvl311 Ret)
    (Trilliax NM Dead - ilvl 311 Ret)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-08-17 at 09:33 PM.

Nighthold Normal seems to be a roadblock for Solo.

Skorpy - easy tank and spank.

Anomaly - Tank and spank, Dont interrupt the boss overwhelming cast (i personally killed the adds, but it seemed pretty harmless)

Trilliax - Pretty easy since cake eating stacks and you can clear the whole room of cakes before adds come out, just remember to jump on the exploding adds when they get to that phase. The boss himself starts hitting pretty hard after second intermission, so save CDs for that.

Tichondrius - Easiest boss to solo (easier than Skorpy). Tank and spank.

Spellblade - a pretty tough one, since Bubble doesnt clear tank stacks and doesnt protect you from Annihilation. What you need to do, is save your mana for every time she casts Annihilation, and when she does, just spam Flash of light. Aoe the adds and only use WoG to heal. Save SoV for adds (any phase you can) and bubble when arcane adds spawn so you can heal the incoming Annihilation.

This is where i hit a wall.

Krosus - itried tank and spank, but the adds hit for massive amount... I think that if you prio clearing adds, this might be doable.

Botanist - Very brutal, once you get to the third boss phase they just pummel you to the ground. I got to 15 with all cds used and just couldnt heal myself.

Star Auger - even more brutal than Botanist. His attacks once you phase him hit so hard, i couldnt get him past 60%.

Didnt try Elisande, but i do think she will be soloable - might try that tonight.
    I dont think Guldan will be tho... Seems pretty rough... But ill give it a go if Elisande falls..

Written in the PoV of 330 ret (with 286 green weapon... I know, rip rng....) with the following talent:
    Righteous Verdict
    Fires of Justice
    Wake of Ashes
    Cavalier
    Word of Glory
    And Inquisition

Stun and CC dont matter here.

On a side note, i did try to solo Garothy Normal last night, but i got wrecked by tank missiles and tiredness... Might be able to kill him as well, he doesnt hit hard at all, only his missiles do any conaiderable damage... Got him to 50% before i got careless and died....

Didnt try Tomb...

Madness will consume you!!!

Is BRF/HFC mythic easy peasy now? It wasnt worth doing even in small groups in 7.3.5 cause it was not considered legacy content and the loots rarely dropped, but now... time to farm these sets.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Is BRF/HFC mythic easy peasy now? It wasnt worth doing even in small groups in 7.3.5 cause it was not considered legacy content and the loots rarely dropped, but now... time to farm these sets.
    In BRF you get three 3 loots from last boss, i keep getting all tier tokens . Its a step up from one. Killing bosses still takes some time, but its not long and the biggest change is your surviveability than dps.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 2018-08-23 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive been soloing brf mythic for years...

The only issue with HFC right now is the first boss, They honestly need to make it skippable or adjust it.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Nighthold Normal seems to be a roadblock for Solo.

Skorpy - easy tank and spank.

Anomaly - Tank and spank, Dont interrupt the boss overwhelming cast (i personally killed the adds, but it seemed pretty harmless)

Trilliax - Pretty easy since cake eating stacks and you can clear the whole room of cakes before adds come out, just remember to jump on the exploding adds when they get to that phase. The boss himself starts hitting pretty hard after second intermission, so save CDs for that.

Tichondrius - Easiest boss to solo (easier than Skorpy). Tank and spank.

Spellblade - a pretty tough one, since Bubble doesnt clear tank stacks and doesnt protect you from Annihilation. What you need to do, is save your mana for every time she casts Annihilation, and when she does, just spam Flash of light. Aoe the adds and only use WoG to heal. Save SoV for adds (any phase you can) and bubble when arcane adds spawn so you can heal the incoming Annihilation.

This is where i hit a wall.

Krosus - itried tank and spank, but the adds hit for massive amount... I think that if you prio clearing adds, this might be doable.

Botanist - Very brutal, once you get to the third boss phase they just pummel you to the ground. I got to 15 with all cds used and just couldnt heal myself.

Star Auger - even more brutal than Botanist. His attacks once you phase him hit so hard, i couldnt get him past 60%.

Didnt try Elisande, but i do think she will be soloable - might try that tonight.
    I dont think Guldan will be tho... Seems pretty rough... But ill give it a go if Elisande falls..

Written in the PoV of 330 ret (with 286 green weapon... I know, rip rng....) with the following talent:
    Righteous Verdict
    Fires of Justice
    Wake of Ashes
    Cavalier
    Word of Glory
    And Inquisition

Stun and CC dont matter here.

On a side note, i did try to solo Garothy Normal last night, but i got wrecked by tank missiles and tiredness... Might be able to kill him as well, he doesnt hit hard at all, only his missiles do any conaiderable damage... Got him to 50% before i got careless and died....

Didnt try Tomb...
    Might this channel help? 10/10 Normal, 5/10 Heroic, 2/10 Mythic. To be fair, a lot of those strategies is basically abusing Last Defender and takes an unholy amount of time to boot.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Well I soloed Odyn in ToV ilvl 332 as Prot.

I don't know why but the two add's at the start dropped there shield after I did one of the ruins correctly. Not sure if that is intended or not.

In Phase 2 of Odyn it is a dps race to kill him before the damage becomes too much. So make sure to rotate CD's to lower damage taken and boost damage given.

Update: Soloed all of ToV as a ilvl 332 Prot Paladin, One shot each boss.

edit: Normal Mode by the way.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-08-31 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

I don't know why but the two add's at the start dropped there shield after I did one of the ruins correctly. Not sure if that is intended or not.

In Phase 2 of Odyn it is a dps race to kill him before the damage becomes too much. So make sure to rotate CD's to lower damage taken and boost damage given.

Update: Soloed all of ToV as a ilvl 332 Prot Paladin, One shot each boss.
    Normal? Heroic? Mythic?

Tried HFC mythic. First boss ofc is not soloable. Had to invite a friend for archimonde since i couldnt burst him before the pushback (maybe with drums i could).

Normal? Heroic? Mythic?

Tried HFC mythic. First boss ofc is not soloable. Had to invite a friend for archimonde since i couldnt burst him before the pushback (maybe with drums i could).
    My bad it was Normal mode, Thought I posted that guess not it was late lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Mage here. I asked around and everyone said the shield drops somehow during Unerring Blast. I mean, I wouldn't call it intended, but I don't think Blizzard will fix it.

Grats on the kills!
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Mage here. I asked around and everyone said the shield drops somehow during Unerring Blast. I mean, I wouldn't call it intended, but I don't think Blizzard will fix it.

Grats on the kills!
    Thanks.

My first try was as a ret and I died because the shields didn't drop, But as a Prot on my first try they did so maybe its not a 100% thing.

Elisande normal was an absolute joke at 337. Bombs do no damage, you literally just sit in the pink bubble and beat the shit out of her.

Gul'dan is also a complete joke with slightly higher damage than Elisande.

Enjoy easy farming for the infernal!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Elisande normal was an absolute joke at 337. Bombs do no damage, you literally just sit in the pink bubble and beat the shit out of her.

Gul'dan is also a complete joke with slightly higher damage than Elisande.

Enjoy easy farming for the infernal!
    Did you do it as Prot or Ret?

I went in there at like 300 or so and the damage was a bit much as ret. Going to give it a go now since I'm much higher.

Edit: Well I beat her and about to fight Gul'Dan. Amazing what 30ilvl's more does lol.
    Edit: Well beat Gul'dan ya its faceroll.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-09-07 at 06:12 AM.