Horde Icicles and mastery proc?

Does anyone know exactly how icicles interacts with a mastery proc?

I got a azerite talent on my leveling gear the other night that gives a mastery proc, I thought it could maybe have some fun potential with a GS build. I then realized I wasn't sure how to effectively use the proc.

If it procs while I'm building the icicles, but falls off before I cast GS will they benefit?

If it procs before I cast GS but after I've built all 5 icicles, will the icicles retroactively benefit?

Or what if it procs as a GS is travelling through the air?

I'm just not sure when the size of the icicle is determined. Is it when it is built with frostbolt/flurry, or is it when it is fired off with a GS/lance, or is it perhaps when the GS/icicle actually lands on the target? Does anyone have any idea how this works?

10+ Year Old Account
    if you get the proc, you spam 5 frostbolts while it is active, the icicle dmg is stored regardless of procs/modifiers so no need to worry about losing dmg, then just fire off a GS when you have 5 stored, with the change to how icicles function, they are now a flat amount of damage modified by int/mastery/versatility, and once an icicle is stored it retains whatever damage value it had at the time the frostbolt is fired off that generates it.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

That was my first assumption to how they worked, I second guessed myself though, because they took out dot snapshotting a while ago and this is kind of a similar "snapshotting" mechanic for the icicles, so I thought maybe they would work differently. Good to know, I appreciate the help mate.