Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Scepter of Sargeras is not stronger than Frostmourne, lol. Maybe if you count it fully empowered by all of the artifacts that caused it to inadvertently destroy Draenor, but even then, it wasn't really used as a weapon, but as a misused tool.

    Ashbringer is not on par with Frostmourne. It was a powerful weapon, but it was never as powerful as Frostmourne. Just because it was used to defeat the Lich King, does not even remotely mean it was the stronger blade.

    You're trying to underplay Frostmourne's power to justify it being obtainable by players. It doesn't work that way. Frostmourne is not going to be obtainable. Ever. There are plenty of other fantastic looking death knight weapons -- including the one handed frost artifacts you seem to hate so much -- but Frostmourne will never be used by a player.
    Scepter of Sargeras is miles ahead in power compared to Frostmourne, what the hell are you saying. The staff has the power to rip portals powerful enough to allow passage for an avatar of Sargeras anywhere in the universe, threatening the fabric of reality in doing so. The other warlock artifact, Utalesh, is also known to be one of the few weapon feared by Sargeras.
    Lorewise, also, both Maw of the Damned and Apocalypse were FAR stronger than Frostmourne.

    I'm sorry, but since Legion happened Frostmourne is no longer the big deal. I don't really care the reason why Blizzard would or wouldn't give it to us, but since they have a new shiny unused model I think they could give it to dks as a transmog options.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Frostmourne looks nice and all, but it's got nothing on Unholy's Death's Deliverance skin!



    Honestly, I think this is the most amazing death knight themed weapon currently available. Of course opinions may differ, but love using this with the MoP CM set.
    I hate it.. frostmourne look way cleaner and straight to the point. That artifact wep is all over the place.. also the highlights that they did with many weapons realy ruin it.
    Why would it glow like that? This is the real deal no anime cosplay sword with neon lights attachted to it.. the batteries are not included.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Of course it is stronger than Frostmourne. It was Sargeras's custom order unlike Frostmourne, meant to empower puppet state. It could be used as anything they wanted. Weaponized portals are still portals.

    It is on par. And no point in lore stands as counter to it.

    You are trying to overplay Frostmourne's power to justify it being unobtainable by players. It doesn't work that way. There aren't plenty of other fantastic looking dk weapons. ye, sure, short toothpicks are fantastic tee hee.

    As someone said belo, it is about style. It should be available to DK.
    It's stronger because you say it is. K.

    It's on par because you say it is. K.

    Then you make a post mocking mine because you disagree with it.

    Yeah, I'm bored with this topic, and arguing in circles will go on forever. You are never, ever getting Frostmourne, and it is totally your choice whether or not to be salty about this. It doesn't change the fact that Frostmourne is one of the most powerful weapons in the lore (the Lich King's primary strength, which is saying a lot since he is, by lore, one of the only characters to have ever truly defeated the heroes of the story).

    But I mean, sure, let's make up stories to try and pretend to justify your obsession with this weapon. Perhaps we should toss in the Helm of Domination too, since that clearly is a weak helm, obviously weaker than generic Azerite helms. Let's just call you the Lich King.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Scepter of Sargeras is miles ahead in power compared to Frostmourne, what the hell are you saying. The staff has the power to rip portals powerful enough to allow passage for an avatar of Sargeras anywhere in the universe, threatening the fabric of reality in doing so. The other warlock artifact, Utalesh, is also known to be one of the few weapon feared by Sargeras.
    Lorewise, also, both Maw of the Damned and Apocalypse were FAR stronger than Frostmourne.

    I'm sorry, but since Legion happened Frostmourne is no longer the big deal. I don't really care the reason why Blizzard would or wouldn't give it to us, but since they have a new shiny unused model I think they could give it to dks as a transmog options.
    The Sceptor of Sargeras was only powerful when empowered by other artifacts in tandem. By itself, it simply is not as powerful as Frostmourne.

    And now you are claiming other random artifacts are more powerful than Frostmourne as well. Lorewise, you say, well feel free to share this lore if you like, otherwise my opinion remains the same; that this is absolutely laughable. The Scepter of Sargeras is debatable since when empowered it actually can be stronger, whereas these other weapons are nothing in comparison. I mean, really now.

    I get that you love Frostmourne and would love to be able to use it as a transmog option. It's a fantastic looking weapon. But it's the Lich King's signature blade, shattered and destroyed. Bringing it back, even as a non-canon transmog option, would be insulting the lore behind it. Bad enough we have thousands of paladins running around with the Ashbringer, but this is ridiculous. No.

  4. #24
    Shadowmourn should be, after timewalking, like glaives for dh. Made no sense.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Ashbringer is not on par with Frostmourne. It was a powerful weapon, but it was never as powerful as Frostmourne. Just because it was used to defeat the Lich King, does not even remotely mean it was the stronger blade.
    Except frostmourne was BROKEN INTO FUCKING PIECES by Ashbringer. Just from a combat point of view; if you break the opponent's weapon with your own, your weapon is inherently STRONGER. You downplay Ashbringer just because you dont want people to get Frostmourne.

    The Scepter of Sargeras was never empowered by all the artifacts, and was used to open vast amounts of portals in conjunction with the Book of Medivh and the Eye of Dalaran. The staff itself never destroyed Draenor, but the act of all the portals literally tearing reality apart is what destroyed Draenor. The staff was never empowered by these objects but used in tandem - even then by itself can still rip holes in reality though not as large as the Dark Portals which in comparrison to what Frostmourne has accomplished the power difference is still significant. Frostmourne gains power with the amount of souls it has claimed, a newly forged Frostmourne would NOT be more powerful than the Scepter.

    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I get that you love Frostmourne and would love to be able to use it as a transmog option. It's a fantastic looking weapon. But it's the Lich King's signature blade, shattered and destroyed. Bringing it back, even as a non-canon transmog option, would be insulting the lore behind it. Bad enough we have thousands of paladins running around with the Ashbringer, but this is ridiculous. No.
    The fact that we can obtain the Titan's weapon Taeshalach makes this argument irrelevant. We have one of the MOST POWERFUL weapons ever created used as one of the PANTHEON'S personal weapon as a mog option. The fact that we can have this is insulting the lore behind it so why is Frostmourne any different?
    Last edited by Multitorix Davlen; 2018-08-21 at 02:35 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  6. #26
    The only reason we didn't get it in Legion is because they decided to make Frost the DW spec and it wouldn't make sense to give Frostmourne to Blood or Unholy over Frost.

    Adding in a Frostmourne skin wouldn't harm anything. We already effectively own the weapon canonically.

  7. #27
    Warchief Felarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SKC,Poland
    Posts
    2,106
    Is that frostmourne actually model in game ? Gimme id pl0x, just for fun....

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe View Post
    Adding in a Frostmourne skin wouldn't harm anything. We already effectively own the weapon canonically.
    Stop it with your logic, you.

  9. #29
    To all frost dk's qq'ing about dual wielding: I know, and I agree 2h is way better. BUT mogging Hailstorm from Malygos 10 with the winters grasp or deathfrost enchant illusion is a pretty sick ass mog look.

  10. #30
    Deleted
    I 100% DO NOT want Frostmourne as a Tmog... plus its a 2hander not a 1hander.. the only Mourne i would want as a Tmog would be Shadowmourne (with the spell animation <3<3<3) IMO its the best looking Axe in the game

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicawesomestmaximus View Post
    To all frost dk's qq'ing about dual wielding: I know, and I agree 2h is way better. BUT mogging Hailstorm from Malygos 10 with the winters grasp or deathfrost enchant illusion is a pretty sick ass mog look.
    Also +1 for this there are some awesome looking 1handers for frost, you can get the Salyer of the Lifeless also which sit on your back which looks pretty cool! you only use "toothpicks" if you choose to use them, plenty of nice looking 1handers.

  11. #31
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The Sceptor of Sargeras was only powerful when empowered by other artifacts in tandem. By itself, it simply is not as powerful as Frostmourne.
    It's so obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. You should learn some lore before making silly claims because you're reaching levels of bulshittery never seen before.. Here, let me help you with some facts:
    The Scepter of Sargeras, Part Two
    Thus he commanded the eredar to forge a tool that would wrench open rifts between worlds for only a short time, just long enough to let a portion of his soul through. Although that meant he couldn't enter Azeroth in his most devastating form, such an instrument would clear a path for his avatar to lead the Legion's invasion or carry out subtler schemes.

    Such an instrument would also weaken the integrity of the physical universe and threaten to collapse it, but Sargeras considered those to be only side benefits.

    The Scepter of Sargeras, Part Three
    Millennia ago, Sargeras ordered his most talented eredar sorcerers to construct him a cosmic battering ram. They did not disappoint.

    First, scores of magi conducted dark rituals to channel countless portals into a single staff. They then projected the empowered artifact into every corner of the Great Dark Beyond, weaving it into the fabric of reality, creating a thread that could be pulled to unravel the seams of the physical universe at will. To fuel this monstrous undertaking, a hundred warlocks sacrificed a hundred demons, selecting them from among the Legion troops that had been part of the failed invasion of Azeroth.

    Thus was forged the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras. Thus was born Azeroth's doom.


    The Scepter of Sargeras, Part Five
    The Scepter of Sargeras was a marvel of arcane and fel sorcery, an instrument fit for a titan. It could lacerate the connective tissue of the physical universe, opening portals to any realm Sargeras desired, yet the rifts it created would allow only a portion of his soul to enter. It was a minor setback. Sargeras would simply have to be more inventive with his plans. And so, he waited.

    The Scepter of Sargeras, Part Eight
    From the journal of Aegwynn, Guardian of Tirisfal:
    ...""The scepter. No one must be allowed to wield it. This was the instrument Sargeras used to enter Azeroth, tearing a gash in the universe that threatened to obliterate our world. The eye on top of the staff stares out, mocking me. I shall ensure that it never sees the light of day again.""
    The staff was wielded by Sargeras himself. It didn't need any other artifact to be powerful, by itself it was enough to destroy the universe if misused. How could you reach headcanon point were Sargeras would wield a weapon less powerful than a random human is beyond me.

    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    And now you are claiming other random artifacts are more powerful than Frostmourne as well. Lorewise, you say, well feel free to share this lore if you like, otherwise my opinion remains the same; that this is absolutely laughable. The Scepter of Sargeras is debatable since when empowered it actually can be stronger, whereas these other weapons are nothing in comparison. I mean, really now.
    And again, you're absolutely ignorant about lore. I mean, it shouldn't be too difficult to go and read the tome in Acherus.
    Maw was crafted on a rare metal found on Nihilem, where the Titans fought with Sargeras, and the metal itself was twisted by that cosmic battle into something nearly indestructible and with the power to absorb the life force of any creature and channel it into the wielder. With the Maw the demon Gorelix was able to destroy the army of an entire planet alone. Kil'Jaden was scared as hell of the weapon, especially after he trapped its forger soul in it.
    Apocalypse is basically Frostmourne but millenias more ancient, with more souls consumed and more nathrezim enchantment and curses on it. The bio states that the simple presence of the blade on a planet would cause plagues and paranoia among its denizens.

    Frostmourne was a blade crafted no more than 30 years ago in lore, and has no proprierties other than being able to shatter normal weapons and absorb the soul of its victims. Both the Maw and Apocalypse can do it and have many other perks on top of it, not to mention they are very ancient weapons.

    I get that you love Frostmourne and would love to be able to use it as a transmog option. It's a fantastic looking weapon. But it's the Lich King's signature blade, shattered and destroyed. Bringing it back, even as a non-canon transmog option, would be insulting the lore behind it. Bad enough we have thousands of paladins running around with the Ashbringer, but this is ridiculous. No.
    I don't give a shit about Frostmourne, I like Apocalypse more and even if I can't use it on blood, the Maw is still an amazing weapon aesthetically and lorewise. The fact remains that Blizzad has a new model for Frostmourne sitting in the dust. Demon hunter and paladins get to wield their iconic weapons, why would dk be denied it, especially since we technically ALREADY wield it.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    It's stronger because you say it is. K.

    It's on par because you say it is. K.

    Then you make a post mocking mine because you disagree with it.

    Yeah, I'm bored with this topic, and arguing in circles will go on forever. You are never, ever getting Frostmourne, and it is totally your choice whether or not to be salty about this. It doesn't change the fact that Frostmourne is one of the most powerful weapons in the lore (the Lich King's primary strength, which is saying a lot since he is, by lore, one of the only characters to have ever truly defeated the heroes of the story).

    But I mean, sure, let's make up stories to try and pretend to justify your obsession with this weapon. Perhaps we should toss in the Helm of Domination too, since that clearly is a weak helm, obviously weaker than generic Azerite helms. Let's just call you the Lich King.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The Sceptor of Sargeras was only powerful when empowered by other artifacts in tandem. By itself, it simply is not as powerful as Frostmourne.

    And now you are claiming other random artifacts are more powerful than Frostmourne as well. Lorewise, you say, well feel free to share this lore if you like, otherwise my opinion remains the same; that this is absolutely laughable. The Scepter of Sargeras is debatable since when empowered it actually can be stronger, whereas these other weapons are nothing in comparison. I mean, really now.

    I get that you love Frostmourne and would love to be able to use it as a transmog option. It's a fantastic looking weapon. But it's the Lich King's signature blade, shattered and destroyed. Bringing it back, even as a non-canon transmog option, would be insulting the lore behind it. Bad enough we have thousands of paladins running around with the Ashbringer, but this is ridiculous. No.
    All those are stronger. Stop with headcanon.

    We should be able to get Frostmourne transmog.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Is that frostmourne actually model in game ? Gimme id pl0x, just for fun....
    Yes it is. It is updated model that appeared in Legion. I don't know ID, sorry.
    M-mom? M-m-mommy, p-please d-d-d-don't kill me. I-I rea-lly am not j-just a lump of cells. Pleasssse Mommy.

  13. #33
    Would I love to wield Frostmourne? Of course.
    Will it ever happen? No. It wouldn't fit the lore at all and also, 2H Frost won't be coming back.
    ... for all that comes to be deserves to perish wretchedly.

    Deathlord Suilea - ArgentDawn(EU)

  14. #34
    Deleted
    Getting back 2H Frost as an Option, with Frostmourne as Mog on Top would be insane, I´d love it.

  15. #35
    I am Murloc! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    5,151
    last time i checked it was broken and made into 2 smaller blades
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It does look great indeed, but sadly it (and many, many other swords in Legion) is simply to wide and bulky. It's not even a sword, you can't slice or stab with it. It's more like a really wierd club.
    More like scissors. Big ugly useless scissors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Frostmourne looks nice and all, but it's got nothing on Unholy's Death's Deliverance skin!
    You just... I can't find words... Blasphemer!!!

    On serious note - Legion was best opportunity to give DK reforged TWO HANDED Frostmourne but that ship is sailed.

    PS If its still happens I pity the Frost DKs...

  17. #37
    I always imagined in my head that my character said to bolvar:
    "What? Are you crazy or have shit for brains? What self-respecting knight or even lowly warrior would dual wield on the field of battle, especially against 3-30 meter high demons? Forge me a proper long sword!"

    I like the designs they used for the 2 base versions as well as the challenge skin. You could easily adopt them to a twohanded weapon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I hate it.. frostmourne look way cleaner and straight to the point. That artifact wep is all over the place.. also the highlights that they did with many weapons realy ruin it.
    Why would it glow like that? This is the real deal no anime cosplay sword with neon lights attachted to it.. the batteries are not included.
    I have to agree. I think the basic principle would work well on a staff weapon, but as a sword the thing is a disgrace.. it should be classified as a mace at least.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2018-08-21 at 10:31 PM.

  18. #38
    The entire transmog system means the state of Frostmourne and the properties of it aren't relevant. Hopefully someday Blizzard wises up and lets DKs use the appearance.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Demon Hunters can obtain Warglaives even though they were fighting on another plnet while Illidan got himself gutted.
    Well the the Blades of Azzinoth are now in the hero pool. Look at it like this, hero beats villain, takes his weapons and down the road gets beat by opposite faction and loses those weapons.

    Frostmourne was never looted

  20. #40
    Frostmourne was never lootable and it was destroyed then reforged. Shadowmourne sure, but Frostmourne no. It was not and should not be ours to use. It would like me saying Sargeras sword should be transmoggable, because reasons??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •