Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Frostmourne was never lootable and it was destroyed then reforged.
    Your point being? It was destroyed so there can be no replica? (Way to go ignoring several posts in this thread and the thread title itself btw. that are explicitly pointing out that there is a difference between gaining Frostmourne itself in lore and just its look for transmog)
    It would like me saying Sargeras sword should be transmoggable, because reasons??
    Not even close. First Frostmourne is not 300 meters huge, second I don't think Sargeras' sword is tied to the lore of any class in the way Frostmourne is and third we already have two titanic weapons that can be transmogged, Taeshalach and the Scythe of the Unmaker. Your comparison fails on every possible level.

    P.s. Fun thing: while looking if there even is a model for the sword in the game files (which apparently isn't, another difference from Frostmourne) I stumbled over this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759587739
    People have actually been asking for it already.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2018-08-22 at 05:07 AM.

  2. #42
    Using the Warglaives as a precedent as to why Frostmourne should be available has some loopholes. They were lootable at one time, and they were also never destroyed. Whatever that nonsense is about Illidan dying is a lie. He's not dead, nor was he ever. He was captured by Maiev prior to his release.

    One legendary's ability to be transmogged doesn't out weigh the fact that there are Thunderfury, Sulfuras (not counting the Firelands 2 "reborn" one), Val'anyr, Shadowmourne, the caster staff, and the bow from Sunwell that remain un-transmoggable. So that really crushes your logic as Warglaives being your precedent as to why it should be.

    Shadowmourne is far more likely upon the release of TW Icecrown Citadel, if that occurs.

    On top of all that, Frostmourne was canonically destroyed.

    Ashbringer was never lost, nor destroyed. It was corrupted, however subsequently cleansed.

    Adding it for t-mog even for Rule of Cool just seems highly unlikely.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-08-22 at 05:10 AM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Whatever that nonsense is about Illidan dying is a lie. He's not dead, nor was he ever. He was captured by Maiev prior to his release.
    He was dead. Both the Demon Hunter class quest and the Light's Heart questline show his soul being in the Twisting Nether, big part of the Light's Heart line is getting it back (which we do from Helya eventually) so we can resurrect him.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2018-08-22 at 05:43 AM.

  4. #44
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    It would cure the pain from having toothpicks in Legion.
    Quite an ironic sentence, considering all skins of your artifact made Frostmourne look like a toothpick.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    It looks great, it looks sweet: https://imgur.com/a/JqdpX



    It would cure the pain from having toothpicks in Legion.
    Sadly, if it were going to happen, Legion would had been the one it would happen in.... but it did not.
    Arthas, Anduin's Real Father Warcraft Conspiracy * Great Ring Light for Streaming
    | AMD Ryzen 3900x| MSI B450 TOMAHAWK| EVGA GTX 1080 SC| 32GB Dom Platnium| 960 EVO M.2 1TB SSD| 4TB WD HD| Define R5|
    | I7-7700k @ 4.8| Asus TUF Z270 MARK 1| EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3| 16GB Corsair Veng RGB | NZXT S340 Elite|

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Frostmourne looks nice and all, but it's got nothing on Unholy's Death's Deliverance skin!



    Honestly, I think this is the most amazing death knight themed weapon currently available. Of course opinions may differ, but love using this with the MoP CM set.
    I absolutely detest the mage tower skin. It doesn't even resemble a sword anymore. Am I meant to bludgeon someone to death with it?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Frost has some pretty sick skins too if I may say so, but obviously they would look a ton better if they had been scaled larger. Even on my human female, they are absolutely tiny, except for the hidden frost skin at least, those are pretty huge.
    If you want big weapons you should play a female belf...they have stupid big weapons.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Your point being? It was destroyed so there can be no replica? (Way to go ignoring several posts in this thread and the thread title itself btw. that are explicitly pointing out that there is a difference between gaining Frostmourne itself in lore and just its look for transmog)

    Not even close. First Frostmourne is not 300 meters huge, second I don't think Sargeras' sword is tied to the lore of any class in the way Frostmourne is and third we already have two titanic weapons that can be transmogged, Taeshalach and the Scythe of the Unmaker. Your comparison fails on every possible level.

    P.s. Fun thing: while looking if there even is a model for the sword in the game files (which apparently isn't, another difference from Frostmourne) I stumbled over this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759587739
    People have actually been asking for it already.
    My POINT is that any transmog that players can use is because it was an obtainable item. Frostmourne wasn't, too bad.

    I skipped over the thread because everyone is pulling excuses why they deserve Frostmourne for transmog out of their rear ends without a single legit reason. As well as the pointless weapon vs weapon discussion.

    My comparison with Sargeras' Sword still holds because I would be asking for a weapon that we CANNOT get. Like Frostmourne.
    Last edited by Sammonoske; 2018-08-22 at 07:53 AM.

  9. #49
    Deleted
    Frostmourne is broken, it was reforged but it'll never be Frostmourne again. I do not want to see every DK running around with Frostmourne, same goes for the other artifacts like Ashbringer, I used to be slightly obsessed with this one but Legion destroyed it for me by cheapening it. Oh and Tirion dying had nothing to do with it either(!)

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Quite an ironic sentence, considering all skins of your artifact made Frostmourne look like a toothpick.
    Not even one of frost skins compares to the beauty of Frostmourne.
    M-mom? M-m-mommy, p-please d-d-d-don't kill me. I-I rea-lly am not j-just a lump of cells. Pleasssse Mommy.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    My comparison with Sargeras' Sword still holds because I would be asking for a weapon that we CANNOT get. Like Frostmourne.
    No. Frostmourne is a weapon we could get. Easily. The model is in the game files. Sargeras' sword's is not.

    And you are not doing a good job at giving "legit" reasons why we can't get the transmogg (!) either.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2018-08-22 at 09:01 AM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You're not getting Frostmourne. Ever. You are not the Lich King. Give it a rest.

    That said, I do think death knights should be able to mog Shadowmourne if they obtain it.
    :'( the truth hurts. I would LOVE to mog Shadowmourne.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    And again, you're absolutely ignorant about lore.
    Yeah, I'm not going to waste my time arguing any further. I actually have read the lore tomes behind these artifacts, and none of them imply that they are stronger in and of themselves than Frostmourne was. Everything you posted about the Scepter of Sargeras confirms what I already said; that its true power only exists when it is empowered. Whether it be by the spellbook of Medivh and skull of Gul'dan, and so on and so forth, or Sargeras himself, it will not be able to 'rend worlds' by itself.

    Even in the scenario where you obtain the artifact, it is being empowered. It's potential is tremendous but without being infused by other means, it's not stronger than Frostmourne.

    I am not going to waste much time responding to Apocolypse or the Maw. You are taking little things on these weapons and blowing them out of proportion. Of course Kil'jaeden is concerned with the weapon; it was designed with the hopes of killing him, ridiculous as such a notion was. Didn't work, now did it? At least, not unless the player wields it against him later.

    And if apocalypse is so terrifyingly deadly just by its mere presence, why hasn't it had any effect so far?

    Look, I get that you are trying to argue that Frostmourne isn't as powerful as it used to be. And yet it still frustrates players because it's not available. Because it's iconic. The sword directly connected its wielder to the Lich King; most likely it still would. If you want to argue that it should be made available to players, then please, feel free to argue your heart out. I disagree and nothing you've posted is going to change my mind, especially since you feel the need to insult me instead of discussing this like a mature individual.

    This will be my last response to you. Few things are more boring to me than comparing the sizes of their weapons in lore. I really don't care that much at all, and I question why I wasted as much time on this thread as I did. Have a good one.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    He was dead. Both the Demon Hunter class quest and the Light's Heart questline show his soul being in the Twisting Nether, big part of the Light's Heart line is getting it back (which we do from Helya eventually) so we can resurrect him.
    Eh...

    I admit I was wrong. I never leveled a DH, but I definitely did Light's Heart. I suppose I figured he was in "stasis" and not dead dead.

  15. #55
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going to waste my time arguing any further. I actually have read the lore tomes behind these artifacts, and none of them imply that they are stronger in and of themselves than Frostmourne was. Everything you posted about the Scepter of Sargeras confirms what I already said; that its true power only exists when it is empowered. Whether it be by the spellbook of Medivh and skull of Gul'dan, and so on and so forth, or Sargeras himself, it will not be able to 'rend worlds' by itself.

    Even in the scenario where you obtain the artifact, it is being empowered. It's potential is tremendous but without being infused by other means, it's not stronger than Frostmourne.
    What-the-fuck. Nowhere in the bio I posted there is written something like that, NOWHERE. You must be trolling, or you can't read, or you're outright crazy and really believe in what you wrote. In either cases, you must really snap out of your delusions.
    I'll post it once again just to be sure you actually read it:
    The Scepter of Sargeras, Part Two
    Thus he commanded the eredar to forge a tool that would wrench open rifts between worlds for only a short time, just long enough to let a portion of his soul through. Although that meant he couldn't enter Azeroth in his most devastating form, such an instrument would clear a path for his avatar to lead the Legion's invasion or carry out subtler schemes.

    Such an instrument would also weaken the integrity of the physical universe and threaten to collapse it, but Sargeras considered those to be only side benefits.
    No mentions of being empowered by other artifacts or entities. The staff power it's its own, crafted specifically for that purpose.


    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I am not going to waste much time responding to Apocolypse or the Maw. You are taking little things on these weapons and blowing them out of proportion. Of course Kil'jaeden is concerned with the weapon; it was designed with the hopes of killing him, ridiculous as such a notion was. Didn't work, now did it? At least, not unless the player wields it against him later.
    I'm not blowing them out of proportion, it's literally written black on white.
    The nathrezim blade called Apocalypse has accomplished all of these things. It holds the power to spread plagues, incite wars, and turn ally against ally. In the right hands, this weapon has singlehandedly brought entire civilizations crashing down before the Legion's armies ever began their invasion.

    Apocalypse was not crafted by a single nathrezim. Many of these demons forged and shaped the blade as a tool to hasten the fall of worlds.

    Over the course of centuries, Apocalypse passed from one nathrezim to another. Each wielder used it to weaken mortal civilizations and leave them vulnerable to conquest by the Burning Legion. Through the creation of plagues and famines, Apocalypse stoked the fires of paranoia. Through acts of murder and betrayal, the weapon drove the Legion's enemies to turn on each other. Even the mere sight of the blade was enough to sap the strength of mortals and cause them to tremble in fear.

    Whenever Apocalypse changed hands, its nathrezim owners would alter and refine it. Through the lessons learned from their conquests, they endowed the blade with new plagues and maledictions. In this way, Apocalypse became a fusion of all the dark arts the nathrezim had at their disposal.

    An account of Apocalypse from the journal of Alodi, first Guardian of Tirisfal:

    "In the blade's presence, I am physically weakened. Strange thoughts swim through my mind. Dark things I will not repeat here. The weapon has a way of dredging up fears long forgotten and giving them new life. And these are just some of its tamer qualities."
    Mere weapons don't often inspire fear in demons. The Maw of the Damned is an exception. Its name is spoken with equal parts dread and awe among the Burning Legion's faithful. Even the demons disagree on how many lives the Maw of the Damned has ended. There is only one who knows the truth. His name is Netrezaar, and his soul is bound to the blade itself.

    He is what inspires fear in demons. They know of the eternal hunger that burns in his soul. A hunger so great it cannot distinguish between friend and foe. In the Legion's hands, Netrezaar's spirit consumed entire civilizations. In someone else's hands, he would not hesitate to do the same to the Legion. He would relish every moment.

    He made a promising discovery on Nihilam, the Doom World. Long ago, a war between the Legion's ruler, Sargeras, and his fellow titans had shaken the fabric of creation around Nihilam. Their apocalyptic battle had darkened the world and infused its metal ores with otherworldly properties.

    When Netrezaar mined these metals, he found them nearly indestructible. In just the right light, the materials reflected brief images of the battle fought between Sargeras and the titans. Most important of all, these metals also leeched away the essence of any living thing that touched them.

    He and a team of mo'arg had been tasked with building a citadel to serve as a base of operations. In one battle, this stronghold came under attack from the world's brave defenders. A massive breach opened in the wall. If the mo'arg could not repair it soon, the entire citadel would fall to the Legion's enemies.

    Gorelix volunteered to defend the breach while the other mo'arg worked. Hundreds of enemies stormed the opening in the wall, howling battle cries in their alien tongue. Gorelix stood fast, rending any who came within the Maw's deadly reach. He never flagged. On the contrary, every kill infused his body with greater strength and vitality.

    When the last attacker had fallen, the other mo'arg found that they no longer needed to repair the breach. Gorelix had filled it with corpses.

    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    And if apocalypse is so terrifyingly deadly just by its mere presence, why hasn't it had any effect so far?
    Because gameplay and lore are two different things? Just like affliction warlocks don't have their soul taken by the scythe everytime they die?
    God, why are you so eager to look so dumb.

    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Look, I get that you are trying to argue that Frostmourne isn't as powerful as it used to be. And yet it still frustrates players because it's not available. Because it's iconic. The sword directly connected its wielder to the Lich King; most likely it still would. If you want to argue that it should be made available to players, then please, feel free to argue your heart out. I disagree and nothing you've posted is going to change my mind, especially since you feel the need to insult me instead of discussing this like a mature individual.
    Discussing like a mature individual? You're rejecting everything being said to you that contradicts your headcanon and now you're fleeing the discussion (for the second time) because you've clearly run out of bullshit to spew.
    Players are arguing about having it as a transmog option, a thing that you clearly missed while writing a shitload of nonsense, and not having it as a weapon. Hell, Blizzard could call it "Frostmourne replica" or "Dildo of the frost king" and no one would care, because they want the appearence. The weapon itself is already on our hands.

  16. #56
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Not even one of frost skins compares to the beauty of Frostmourne.
    The hidden appearance alone of it is twice as thick as frostmourne.
    Besides: You are comparing a bastard sword (basically a smaller 2hander) to a 1hander. Of course a "Kingslayer" is going to be half as big as Frostmourne. Both swords were forged from that one blade.
    Now go and compare Apocalypse to Frostmourne. The former has at least twice the volume.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The hidden appearance alone of it is twice as thick as frostmourne.
    Besides: You are comparing a bastard sword (basically a smaller 2hander) to a 1hander. Of course a "Kingslayer" is going to be half as big as Frostmourne. Both swords were forged from that one blade.
    Now go and compare Apocalypse to Frostmourne. The former has at least twice the volume.
    Apocalypse is a club.@x1h are toothpicks. Frostmourne is awesome.
    M-mom? M-m-mommy, p-please d-d-d-don't kill me. I-I rea-lly am not j-just a lump of cells. Pleasssse Mommy.

  18. #58
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You're not getting Frostmourne. Ever. You are not the Lich King. Give it a rest.

    That said, I do think death knights should be able to mog Shadowmourne if they obtain it.
    You are not illidan. Why can you transmog his warglaives?

  19. #59
    Dreadlord yoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Dark Tower
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Frostmourne was never lootable and it was destroyed then reforged. Shadowmourne sure, but Frostmourne no. It was not and should not be ours to use. It would like me saying Sargeras sword should be transmoggable, because reasons??
    Um, half of it is through Taeshalach. Because reasons.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Cool looking weapon indeed, it's too bad I'm frost and we fight with tooth picks LMAO
    I beg to differ, these look amazing on frost.

    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Smoke weed every day!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •