Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
43
44
52
... LastLast
  1. #821
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But not all lich kings have used Frostmourne. So how can it be an iconic lich king weapon if Bolvar does not use it? One instance using a weapon does not make it iconic by your own logic of why Frostmourne is not iconic to Death Knights. Even though Arthas was a Death Knight. Created the modern Death Knights. And every Death Knight is styled similar to Frostmourne and scourge architecture.

    But you are right. There is absolutely no special attachment to Frostmourne. Death Knights are just as random as everyone else. They have as much a connection as Kobolds.
    He'll take your obvious sarcasm as admittance, man.

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But not all lich kings have used Frostmourne. So how can it be an iconic lich king weapon if Bolvar does not use it? One instance using a weapon does not make it iconic by your own logic of why Frostmourne is not iconic to Death Knights. Even though Arthas was a Death Knight. Created the modern Death Knights. And every Death Knight is styled similar to Frostmourne and scourge architecture.

    But you are right. There is absolutely no special attachment to Frostmourne. Death Knights are just as random as everyone else. They have as much a connection as Kobolds.
    its been wielded only by the lich king but you claim its a DK iconic weapon when it has only been used by one person, if blizzard wanted to reforge frostmourne they would have but it still wouldn't be in the players hands, bolvar probably wouldn't of wanted to use it anyway even if it was not broken. The only person to have a claim to frostmourne is the lich king.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  3. #823
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    its been wielded only by the lich king but you claim its a DK iconic weapon when it has only been used by one person, if blizzard wanted to reforge frostmourne they would have but it still wouldn't be in the players hands, bolvar probably wouldn't of wanted to use it anyway even if it was not broken. The only person to have a claim to frostmourne is the lich king.
    Do you know what the Lich King is?

    Actually, why am I even trying.

  4. #824
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    its been wielded only by the lich king but you claim its a DK iconic weapon when it has only been used by one person, if blizzard wanted to reforge frostmourne they would have but it still wouldn't be in the players hands, bolvar probably wouldn't of wanted to use it anyway even if it was not broken. The only person to have a claim to frostmourne is the lich king.
    Arthas is a Death Knight. Bolvar is the lich king so he has "claim" to it. Funny how you dismiss him not wanting to use it just because. There are a lot of things Blizzard wants to do but just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't or won't. There is nothing to say that Frostmourne can't some day end up in player hands. We have artifacts that are equal to or greater in player hands. And no one is asking for the actual blade with all its powers. Just the model. Just for Transmog.

    You keep rehashing the same defeated claims as if it makes them true the 74th time you've stated them. The same things that debunked them before still debunk them now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #825
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Arthas is a Death Knight. Bolvar is the lich king so he has "claim" to it. Funny how you dismiss him not wanting to use it just because. There are a lot of things Blizzard wants to do but just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't or won't. There is nothing to say that Frostmourne can't some day end up in player hands. We have artifacts that are equal to or greater in player hands. And no one is asking for the actual blade with all its powers. Just the model. Just for Transmog.

    You keep rehashing the same defeated claims as if it makes them true the 74th time you've stated them. The same things that debunked them before still debunk them now.
    none of what i have said has been debunked at all, arthas was first a paladin, then became a DK for a short while and then became the lich king, the lich king is not a deathknight they are a necromancer. Why would bolvar want to use a cursed weapon if it still was intact, he was also tortured by arthas for a long time.

    If frostmourne was a transmog then any class that can wield it would have reason to have a claim on it, its not a deathknight only weapon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Do you know what the Lich King is?

    Actually, why am I even trying.
    when arthas put on the helm he was no longer a deathknight, he fused with nerzul and became the lich king of which is a necromancer as a deathknights power of insufficient to maintain and control untold millions of undead.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-14 at 11:48 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  6. #826
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    none of what i have said has been debunked at all, arthas was first a paladin, then became a DK for a short while and then became the lich king, the lich king is not a deathknight they are a necromancer. Why would bolvar want to use a cursed weapon if it still was intact, he was also tortured by arthas for a long time.

    If frostmourne was a transmog then any class that can wield it would have reason to have a claim on it, its not a deathknight only weapon.



    when arthas put on the helm he was no longer a deathknight, he fused with nerzul and became the lich king of which is a necromancer as a deathknights power of insufficient to maintain and control untold millions of undead.
    Show me your fanfiction story when you finish it.

  7. #827
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Shadowmourne is a shitty tier C weapon.

    Somehow me not being a Lich King did not prevent me from forging 2 blades from its shards. Other classes have received their iconic weapons, Ashbringer, Doomhammer and Scepter. Somehow Frostmourne is too much. LeL.
    Frostmourne is different, because that weapon is part of what makes the LK the LK, it gives him power.
    While Doomhammer, Ashbringer, and the Glaives are weapons with Lore only, not just power.

    I may be wrong though.

  8. #828
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Frostmourne is different, because that weapon is part of what makes the LK the LK, it gives him power.
    While Doomhammer, Ashbringer, and the Glaives are weapons with Lore only, not just power.

    I may be wrong though.
    Frostmourne didn't make Arthas the Lich King. It made him a Death Knight. The Crown of Domination made him the Lich King. We're not asking for the Crown.

  9. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Frostmourne is different, because that weapon is part of what makes the LK the LK, it gives him power.
    While Doomhammer, Ashbringer, and the Glaives are weapons with Lore only, not just power.

    I may be wrong though.
    You're kinda wrong because the Blades of the Fallen Prince are still Frostmourne, but in another form.

    It didn't lose anything other than souls at the end of WoTLK and by the end of Legion, it's stronger than Frostmourne was. We also kind of raise a dragon with it (class mount) and the new Four Horsemen. We don't raise entire armies to fight for us, but warlocks also don't get to rip apart Azeroth with portals; gameplay is gameplay.

    Apocalypse, the unholy Artifact is also Frostmourne's big unholy brother with many of the same abilities and background, but having existed for longer and reaped far, far more souls. Entire civilizations, I think, is said at some point.

  10. #830
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Frostmourne is different, because that weapon is part of what makes the LK the LK, it gives him power.
    While Doomhammer, Ashbringer, and the Glaives are weapons with Lore only, not just power.

    I may be wrong though.
    It's the crown, not sword that made the Lk the LK.

  11. #831
    High Overlord Aleloron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    frostmourne was designed to be used only by the lich king, it is never going to be a transmog and should never be one anyway.
    I’ve main’d a DK since Wraith launched, and though I lust for Frostmourne I actually agree with you. I feel that some weapons are so iconic that allowing players to run around with a copy on their backs cheapens the original.
    Last edited by Aleloron; 2020-01-16 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Autocorrect is my enema.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

  12. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I feel like if every DK was running around with Frostmourne it would be less special.
    It quite literally would be no different than Paladins running around with Ashbringer, or Mages with Felo'melorn. Hell, Warlocks get the Staff of Sargeras, which has cosmic-level power.

    I think it would be more meaningful, though, if it was a reward would only the most hardcore of Death Knights. As early examples gave, imagine something like the Mage Tower challenges, except A) they scale, so you cannot out-gear them, and B) you are required to master ALL THREE specs, not just one.

    So any DK running around with Frostmourne, you would know "oh snap, that is a legit DK, they are badass at playing all three specs".

  13. #833
    Warchief Beet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who me?
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    that's your opinion but the proper usage is only needed if it's the job you have, otherwise you just look like an ass attempting to correct people.



    “Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit.”

    the inscription say's it all, anyone could wield the weapon, its not a DK specific weapon and that's 100% fact, the curse on the weapon makes it impossible for anyone to wield it safely.

    The weapon was made for the lich king and the first lich king was never a deathknight.
    LOL. The first Lich King was a fucking block of ice surrounding armor with a living spirit inside it. Give me a break. It was said Arthas would be the one to wield the blade. And as he was a DK that would mean it was made for a death knight.

    Granted I’m against this being transmoggable. No legendary weapon should be.

    But of course things will change in Shadowlands because the current team can’t stand leaving things in the past and want to retcon it all. We’re going to “learn” about its creator and more bullshit in Shadowlands. So I expect something absurd like a new furry Vulpera chick was chosen by Elune to craft the blade and got tricked by The Jailor into using materials that turned it into Frostmourne with an evil spirit lurking inside.

  14. #834
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    none of what i have said has been debunked at all, arthas was first a paladin, then became a DK for a short while and then became the lich king, the lich king is not a deathknight they are a necromancer. Why would bolvar want to use a cursed weapon if it still was intact, he was also tortured by arthas for a long time.

    If frostmourne was a transmog then any class that can wield it would have reason to have a claim on it, its not a deathknight only weapon.



    when arthas put on the helm he was no longer a deathknight, he fused with nerzul and became the lich king of which is a necromancer as a deathknights power of insufficient to maintain and control untold millions of undead.
    So what you're saying is that Arthas wielded Frostmourne BEFORE he became the Lich King? As in, when he was still a DEATH KNIGHT?

  15. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    So what you're saying is that Arthas wielded Frostmourne BEFORE he became the Lich King? As in, when he was still a DEATH KNIGHT?
    he wielded frostmourne when he was a paladin so being a deathknight afterwards means very little, its a weapon for use by the lich king.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    LOL. The first Lich King was a fucking block of ice surrounding armor with a living spirit inside it. Give me a break. It was said Arthas would be the one to wield the blade. And as he was a DK that would mean it was made for a death knight.

    Granted I’m against this being transmoggable. No legendary weapon should be.

    But of course things will change in Shadowlands because the current team can’t stand leaving things in the past and want to retcon it all. We’re going to “learn” about its creator and more bullshit in Shadowlands. So I expect something absurd like a new furry Vulpera chick was chosen by Elune to craft the blade and got tricked by The Jailor into using materials that turned it into Frostmourne with an evil spirit lurking inside.
    he wielded the weapon as a paladin first, becoming a deathknight was only a middlestep to becoming the lich king
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-23 at 10:07 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  16. #836
    Banned Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,218
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    he wielded frostmourne when he was a paladin so being a deathknight afterwards means very little, its a weapon for use by the lich king.
    when he get the sword he pretty much became the first dk, so its DK only like the glaives are, despise being a dumb weapon that anybody could wield


    it make sense to Frostmourne being DK only if it come as a transmog option, unlike Shadowmourne.

  17. #837
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    when he get the sword he pretty much became the first dk, so its DK only like the glaives are, despise being a dumb weapon that anybody could wield


    it make sense to Frostmourne being DK only if it come as a transmog option, unlike Shadowmourne.
    he was not the first DK, the first deathknights were created by guldan for the first war using the souls of warlocks implanted into corpses in the first great war which was 30 years before the rise of the lich king, runeblades like frostmourne are not solely used by deathknights, infact runeblades have existed for thousands of years just not many were made.

    Glaives are just some random scrub weapon dropped from a highranking demon so they are not even special, frostmourne#s only purpose is to be used by the lich king.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  18. #838
    Banned Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,218
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    he was not the first DK, the first deathknights were created by guldan for the first war using the souls of warlocks implanted into corpses in the first great war
    those Death knights were totally different from the DK of the scourge

    the first ones were dk just in name, they were more like acolytes/necromancers, the first one DK we know, the modern ones, is Arthas

    Glaives are just some random scrub weapon dropped from a highranking demon so they are not even special, frostmourne#s only purpose is to be used by the lich king.
    Illidan have the almost same weight in the lore as Arthas, frostmourne have the same weight of the ashbringer and the doomhammer.

    And frostmourne is already our weapon, we just got the butter knife version, there is nothing wrong in reforging for transmog purposes

  19. #839
    Warchief Beet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who me?
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    he wielded frostmourne when he was a paladin so being a deathknight afterwards means very little, its a weapon for use by the lich king.



    he wielded the weapon as a paladin first, becoming a deathknight was only a middlestep to becoming the lich king
    Actually he turned into a Death Knight when he took on the Frostmourne. The novels have made that clear if WC3 didn’t do a good enough job.

    And you make it sound like being the Lich King is separate from being a Death Knight. He’s still a Death Knight when he’s The Lich King.

  20. #840
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Actually he turned into a Death Knight when he took on the Frostmourne. The novels have made that clear if WC3 didn’t do a good enough job.

    And you make it sound like being the Lich King is separate from being a Death Knight. He’s still a Death Knight when he’s The Lich King.
    The lich king a a complete seperate entity from a deathknight, the only deathknight powers he uses are from the weapon itself, he doesnt completely lose his soul until he has killed malganis and thats according to the lore, if he lost his soul straight away he would of just killed everything in his path from the get go.

    Arthas was not really even a true deathknight all he did was become undead while wielding a runeblade and only used the powers the runeblade held, you dont retain the powers of a runeblade if you no longer posses the weapon, frostmourne had a range of 1 mile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    those Death knights were totally different from the DK of the scourge

    the first ones were dk just in name, they were more like acolytes/necromancers, the first one DK we know, the modern ones, is Arthas



    Illidan have the almost same weight in the lore as Arthas, frostmourne have the same weight of the ashbringer and the doomhammer.

    And frostmourne is already our weapon, we just got the butter knife version, there is nothing wrong in reforging for transmog purposes
    The weapons are completely different, unless your the lich king then you dont deserve to wield it, and some tooth pick work around weapons dont mean your wielding frostmourne as they dont even have the same powers.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-24 at 02:19 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •