Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    kenn reminds me of kelliste.

I would 100% love this! Would make up an awesome mog!!!

Honestly, it just feels sort of overdue at this point. As others have suggested, just make it extremely difficult to acquire, but by SOME sort of means, it would become a DK transmog option.

Even better if it comes with Arthas' armor (minus the helmet, of course; maybe a hood instead?).

I have high hopes that our journey into the Shadowlands, which probably has ties to the creation of Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, will allow us to obtain (or better create!) a Frostmourne-like sword. Similar to the Shadowmourne process, but resembling the look and soul of Frostmourne more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Keep it civil guys . Unfortunately i don't think we will ever see it become an option unless its reforged somehow. Chances are if that happens it wont be called frostmourne or look exactly the same. It used to have a legendary version in the game files IIR but ofc it was never used ingame.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Frostmourne_(item)

That item was Blizzard forgetting its own lore. Arthas didn't become the Lich King by equipping Frostmourne. He became the Lich King by equipping the Helm of Domination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    That item was Blizzard forgetting its own lore. Arthas didn't become the Lich King by equipping Frostmourne. He became the Lich King by equipping the Helm of Domination.
    It is clearly for fun but the sword is a part of the package of becoming the lich king
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is clearly for fun but the sword is a part of the package of becoming the lich king
    No, it isn't. Arthas wielded it forever. He did not become the Lich King until he donned the helmet. The Lich King was going to die if he did not put on the helmet. Having the sword would not have saved the Lich King.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it isn't. Arthas wielded it forever. He did not become the Lich King until he donned the helmet. The Lich King was going to die if he did not put on the helmet. Having the sword would not have saved the Lich King.
    Huh? The Sword and the Helm are part of the "Lich King". Frostmourne isn't just some random corrupting sword.

"When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor, as well as the runeblade Frostmourne"
    " Both the armor and the blade were crafted by the nathrezim[4] of the Burning Legion[5] for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King."

Also you contradict yourself. Ner'zhul was not going to die if Arthas did not don the Helmet. Arthas might have died if he didn't don the helmet but he wasn't the Lich King at that point by your own admission that he doesn't become the Lich King until wearing the helmet. Luring Arthas, or someone, with Frostmourne was part of the the plan of Ner'zhul to escape his prison.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Huh? The Sword and the Helm are part of the "Lich King". Frostmourne isn't just some random corrupting sword.

"When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor, as well as the runeblade Frostmourne"
    " Both the armor and the blade were crafted by the nathrezim[4] of the Burning Legion[5] for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King."

Also you contradict yourself. Ner'zhul was not going to die if Arthas did not don the Helmet. Arthas might have died if he didn't don the helmet but he wasn't the Lich King at that point by your own admission that he doesn't become the Lich King until wearing the helmet. Luring Arthas, or someone, with Frostmourne was part of the the plan of Ner'zhul to escape his prison.
    "The runeblade, Frostmourne, was once locked inside the Throne as well. I thrust it from the ice so that it would find its way to you... and then lead you to me. And so it has. For now we face a grave danger. My creator, the demonlord Kil'jaeden, sent his agents here to destroy me. If they should reach the Frozen Throne before you, all will be lost. The Scourge will be undone. Now hurry! I will grant you all the power I can spare."

15+ Year Old Account
    "The runeblade, Frostmourne, was once locked inside the Throne as well. I thrust it from the ice so that it would find its way to you... and then lead you to me. And so it has. For now we face a grave danger. My creator, the demonlord Kil'jaeden, sent his agents here to destroy me. If they should reach the Frozen Throne before you, all will be lost. The Scourge will be undone. Now hurry! I will grant you all the power I can spare."
    And? The Lich King was not dying but was in danger of being brought back under control by the Legion. You know the ones who originally sent him to Azeroth. That still doesn't stop the Blade and Helm as part of the package of the "Lich King". And that the item was clear "for fun" and not a literal representation of the lore. You know because Ner'zhul or Arthas did not say "Hail to the King baby".

But hey whatever helps you sleep at night.

And? The Lich King was not dying but was in danger of being brought back under control by the Legion. You know the ones who originally sent him to Azeroth. That still doesn't stop the Blade and Helm as part of the package of the "Lich King". And that the item was clear "for fun" and not a literal representation of the lore. You know because Ner'zhul or Arthas did not say "Hail to the King baby".

But hey whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Kil'jaeden did not send Illidan to capture the Lich King. He sent Illidan to kill the Lich King. If Frostmourne was all that was required to become the Lich King, the Lich King would not require Arthas to do anything other than pick up the sword. We know for a fact that to become the Lich King you must wear the helm (proven for a fact in Warcraft 3 & WotLK)

15+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaeden did not send Illidan to capture the Lich King. He sent Illidan to kill the Lich King. If Frostmourne was all that was required to become the Lich King, the Lich King would not require Arthas to do anything other than pick up the sword. We know for a fact that to become the Lich King you must wear the helm (proven for a fact in Warcraft 3 & WotLK)
    I didn't say Frostmourne was all that was required. I said it was part of the package of the Lich King. I am also pretty sure that if Illidan could recapture the Lich King the Legion would have wanted that instead of simply destroying it. You can't really say either way. Being sent to kill the Lich King still does not mean Ner'zhul, the Lich King, was dying.

After all Arthas stopped Illidan before he even damaged the Lich King.

I didn't say Frostmourne was all that was required. I said it was part of the package of the Lich King. I am also pretty sure that if Illidan could recapture the Lich King the Legion would have wanted that instead of simply destroying it. You can't really say either way. Being sent to kill the Lich King still does not mean Ner'zhul, the Lich King, was dying.

I'm sure Illidan could do a whole lot of things. I'm also certain that the Legion sent him to kill the Lich King, who required Arthas to wear the helmet to stop himself from bleeding his soul out to death.

Ner'zhul started dieing after he sent Frostmourne out (Why LK starts losing his power, Arthas weakened, Sylvanas becomes Forsaken).

Kil'jaeden wanted Illidan to destroy the armor because Ner'zhul resisted the Legions influence. (LK taking over Azeroth would make a demon invasion of Azeroth nearly impossible, which is why KJ wanted Illidan to destory the armor, not attempt to reinfluence) and Frostmourne is nothing but a Runeblade. It's not required to become Lich King.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2020-03-13 at 05:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Illidan could do a whole lot of things. I'm also certain that the Legion sent him to kill the Lich King, who required Arthas to wear the helmet to stop himself from bleeding his soul out to death.
    Ner'zhul wasn't bleeding his soul out to death. Arthas wasn't a magical band-aid. Illidan's spell failed but widened the crack in the prison that Ner'zhul himself created. Weaking power is not the same as "dying" or "bleeding his soul out to death".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Ner'zhul started dieing after he sent Frostmourne out (Why LK starts losing his power, Arthas weakened, Sylvanas becomes Forsaken).
    No. Ner'zhul did not try to commit suicide by sending Frostmourne out of his prison to wait in a cave for someone to find it.

Kil'jaeden wanted Illidan to destroy the armor because Ner'zhul resisted the Legions influence. (LK taking over Azeroth would make a demon invasion of Azeroth nearly impossible, which is why KJ wanted Illidan to destory the armor, not attempt to reinfluence) and Frostmourne is nothing but a Runeblade. It's not required to become Lich King.
    Frostmourne isn't "nothing but a runeblade". It contained part of Ner'zhul as well and was specifically forged as a set to contain the Lich King.

Ner'zhul wasn't bleeding his soul out to death. Arthas wasn't a magical band-aid. Illidan's spell failed but widened the crack in the prison that Ner'zhul himself created. Weaking power is not the same as "dying" or "bleeding his soul out to death".
    Ner'zhul was bleeding his soul out. He was entirely fused to the armor, if the armor loses its magical properties, Ner'zhul dies. That's how that works.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Ner'zhul did not try to commit suicide by sending Frostmourne out of his prison to wait in a cave for someone to find it.
    He used Mal'Ganis to lead Arthas to the sword.

Frostmourne isn't "nothing but a runeblade". It contained part of Ner'zhul as well and was specifically forged as a set to contain the Lich King.
    It was just a powerful runeblade. All that is required to become Lich King is the Helm. Bolvar proves that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Ner'zhul was bleeding his soul out. He was entirely fused to the armor, if the armor loses its magical properties, Ner'zhul dies. That's how that works.
    The Armor wasn't bleeding out.

He used Mal'Ganis to lead Arthas to the sword.
    You are stilling putting forth that Ner'zhul was committing suicide by slowly killing himself.

It was just a powerful runeblade. All that is required to become Lich King is the Helm. Bolvar proves that.
    "Both the armor and the blade were crafted by the nathrezim[4] of the Burning Legion[5] for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King"

The Armor wasn't bleeding out.
    The armor wasn't, Ner'zhuls soul that was bound to the Armor, was.

You are stilling putting forth that Ner'zhul was committing suicide by slowly killing himself.
    It's not really suicide if you have someone leading them to the weapon, and it didn't really start bleeding until Illidan weakened the throne.

"Both the armor and the blade were crafted by the nathrezim[4] of the Burning Legion[5] for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King"
    Which we know all of that isn't really true now. I guess Bolvar just let the Scourge run wild then huh.

If you're quoting from Wowpedia, the same article says he's bleeding his soul. So you can't pick and choose which quotes you like.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Of course, let see what is in the next...