Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I'm assuming because the Frost DK Artifact weapon is forged from shards of Frostmourne, you do a whole scenario where you fight your way into ice crown and steal them.
    Shadowmourne wasn't crafted with the shards of frostmourne though, it was crafted with the shards of the frozen throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    The blade was destroyed and reforged. You have Shadowmourne. Well, i do at least.
    Ok well transmog doesn't strictly adhere to the lore and what is reforged can be broken and reforged again.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Shadowmourne wasn't crafted with the shards of frostmourne though, it was crafted with the shards of the frozen throne.
    Killing Arthas like 8 times is how we obtained the Frostmourne shards, which if I recall my WC3 lore correctly, Frostmourne was part of the Frozen Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Killing Arthas like 8 times is how we obtained the Frostmourne shards, which if I recall my WC3 lore correctly, Frostmourne was part of the Frozen Throne.
    That is so hilariously wrong. I haven't kept up with the last ten pages but if this is the caliber of arguments against Frostmourne transmog then why even bother arguing back and forth?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    That is so hilariously wrong. I haven't kept up with the last ten pages but if this is the caliber of arguments against Frostmourne transmog then why even bother arguing back and forth?
    Who said I was against frostmourne? If anything, I'm arguing against shadowmourne. If Shadowmourne gets mog, then so should frostmourne.

You collect the splinters of Ner'zhul's prison (the actual iceblock that contained him) for the quest. That's not the same stuff Frostmourne is made of. It's the stuff Frostmourne was encased in.

The Lich King's throne once served as his prison. Kil'jaeden himself crafted the vessel of icy crystals from the twisting nether. Its sole purpose was to hold Ner'zhul's vengeful spirit.

When Arthas struck the crystal with Frostmourne, he released Ner'zhul's soul, allowing it to merge with his own. Splinters from that impact are now scattered throughout the citadel.

I shall require those shards, held only by the Lich King's most powerful servants, to seal the power contained in your blade.

15+ Year Old Account
    The blade itself, just the blade. did not weaken, but its conduit capabilities was. There is a difference.
    But the blade derived its power from the Lich King. It had a part of the Lich Kings soul in it.

It wasn't directed at the Lich King at all. It literally says Illidan targeted Icecrown (land, ground) and Icecrown Citadel/Throne causing the crack Ner'zhul cause to further open. His spell was literally a giant earthquake.
    Oh so Illidan was aiming for everything but the Lich King. He was intending to destroy the Lich King and didn't care what he destroyed in the process. Chronicles litterally says the Lich King was one salvo away from being destroyed after the crack appeared. It wasn't the crack that weakened or was killing the Lich King. It was the magical attack that caused the crack to widen. You have provided nothing that indicates the Lich King was slowly dying after he intentionally cracked his prison. You have provided nothing that shows that Lich King died when Arthas shattered the prison.

It wasn't the cracks that were causing the Lich King to fade away.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

That's in-game reasons, not lore. Again, not Frostmourne shards, but the actual frozen iceblock that contained Ner'zhul.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But the blade derived its power from the Lich King. It had a part of the Lich Kings soul in it.
    Frostmournes capabilities were its own, It's a sword that is meant to use the power of souls to get stronger.

Oh so Illidan was aiming for everything but the Lich King. He was intending to destroy the Lich King and didn't care what he destroyed in the process. Chronicles litterally says the Lich King was one salvo away from being destroyed after the crack appeared. It wasn't the crack that weakened or was killing the Lich King. It was the magical attack that caused the crack to widen. You have provided nothing that indicates the Lich King was slowly dying after he intentionally cracked his prison. You have provided nothing that shows that Lich King died when Arthas shattered the prison.

It wasn't the cracks that were causing the Lich King to fade away.
    Yeah. That's kind of what the goal was with Illidans spell. It was the crack, Illidan had no knowledge of the crack so how could he focus on the crack? Illidan's spell was literally a giant earthquake meant to destroy the entirety of Icecrown. "where Illidan began to use the Eye of Sargeras to break apart the polar ice cap and destroy Icecrown and the Frozen Throne.

How do you live when the only way you're living is through a magical spell that places you in the armor and that magic starts to disappear?

As to why he didn't disappear when Arthas shattered the ice block. Who knows, Blizzard has never been consistent with their lore.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's in-game reasons, not lore. Again, not Frostmourne shards, but the actual frozen iceblock that contained Ner'zhul.

Frostmournes capabilities were its own, It's a sword that is meant to use the power of souls to get stronger.

Yeah. That's kind of what the goal was with Illidans spell. It was the crack, Illidan had no knowledge of the crack so how could he focus on the crack? Illidan's spell was literally a giant earthquake meant to destroy the entirety of Icecrown. "where Illidan began to use the Eye of Sargeras to break apart the polar ice cap and destroy Icecrown and the Frozen Throne.

How do you live when the only way you're living is through a magical spell that places you in the armor and that magic starts to disappear?

As to why he didn't disappear when Arthas shattered the ice block. Who knows, Blizzard has never been consistent with their lore.
    Newsflash: Quests are part of the lore unless declared noncanon. Which means thousands upon thousands of quests ingame are canon.

Newsflash: Quests are part of the lore unless declared noncanon. Which means thousands upon thousands of quests ingame are canon.
    To a degree, yes. But that's not your argument. You said that the reason Shadowmourne isn't canon is because we had to kill Arthas x number of times to get the shards of Frostmourne, but Legion had us collect the shards of Frostmourne to create the Blades of the Fallen Prince.

In lore, Shadowmourne was forged from the shards of the iceblock, obtained from of his most powerful servants. Arthas never gave us the shards lorewise, only gameplay.

Also, Shadowmourne was created to combat the Lich King, lorewise it was created before the death of Arthas. How could you create Shadowmourne with the shards of Frostmourne if Frostmourne hasn't been destroyed yet?

You're confusing Frostmourne with the Iceblock that contained the armor.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2020-03-15 at 12:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you live when the only way you're living is through a magical spell that places you in the armor and that magic starts to disappear? As to why he didn't disappear when Arthas shattered the ice block. Who knows, Blizzard has never been consistent with their lore.
    Or it is because you know it wasn't the lack of cracks that kept him alive.

And part of its abilities was binding the user to the will of the Lich King. Which is why Arthas had to be lead to the blade before the Lich King could use him as a surrogate. It wasn't just a magical runeblade but part of the Lich King and his power. More then simply a "Conduit". Your argument is essentially saying the wire doesn't lose power when you turn off the electricity. But it does. Just as Frostmourne would have grown weaker as the Lich King did since it contained part of his soul/essence/anima/whatever.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Ner'zhul wasn't bleeding his soul out to death. Arthas wasn't a magical band-aid. Illidan's spell failed but widened the crack in the prison that Ner'zhul himself created. Weaking power is not the same as "dying" or "bleeding his soul out to death".

- - - Updated - - -

No. Ner'zhul did not try to commit suicide by sending Frostmourne out of his prison to wait in a cave for someone to find it.

Frostmourne isn't "nothing but a runeblade". It contained part of Ner'zhul as well and was specifically forged as a set to contain the Lich King.

Or it is because you know it wasn't the lack of cracks that kept him alive.
    Okay, so the cracks were killing him.

And part of its abilities was binding the user to the will of the Lich King. Which is why Arthas had to be lead to the blade before the Lich King could use him as a surrogate. It wasn't just a magical runeblade but part of the Lich King and his power. More then simply a "Conduit". Your argument is essentially saying the wire doesn't lose power when you turn off the electricity. But it does. Just as Frostmourne would have grown weaker as the Lich King did since it contained part of his soul/essence/anima/whatever.
    That's not Frostmournes ability at all. The Helm of Domination is what controlled the scourge, Arthas was losing his sanity and everything he stood for, before taking up Frostmourne. It just was just the final thing that made him fall into madness.

Frostmourne would not of gotten weaker, my wording of the weapon and its connection to the Lich King is wrong. Frostmourne does not gain or lose strength depending on the Lich Kings power level. Outside of its ability to suck souls and trap them within Frostmourne, there is nothing else about it. Most likely the reason KJ put apart of Ner'zhuls soul in Frostmourne was to help keep him in line.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not Frostmournes ability at all. The Helm of Domination is what controlled the scourge, Arthas was losing his sanity and everything he stood for, before taking up Frostmourne. It just was just the final thing that made him fall into madness.
    The Lich King need someone to take up Frostmourne in order for them to become his surrogate. It wasn't the helm of Domination because you know that was still sealed away.

7+ Year Old Account
    The lich king soul was trapped inside the helm, the sword was bonded to his will, not rly part of his soul was inside of it.

Anyway, is completely irrelevant to the point of frostmourne should be a transmog option

The Lich King need someone to take up Frostmourne in order for them to become his surrogate. It wasn't the helm of Domination because you know that was still sealed away.
    Needed someone to take up Frostmourne in order for them to become his champion and ultimately free him from the throne. Helm of Domination is what controls the scourge, otherwise Bolvar would of been unable to keep them in check. The Helms power wasn't sealed away otherwise it wouldn't work at all.

"The Helm of Domination[1][2] (also referred to as the helm of the Lich King[3] or Lich King's crown[4]) was a magical helm used to control the Scourge."

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The lich king soul was trapped inside the helm, the sword was bonded to his will, not rly part of his soul was inside of it.

Anyway, is completely irrelevant to the point of frostmourne should be a transmog option
    Part of Ner'zhuls soul was placed inside the blade.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2020-03-16 at 01:44 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it'd have to be obtainable first... Don't get ahead of yourselves.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Needed someone to take up Frostmourne in order for them to become his champion and ultimately free him from the throne. Helm of Domination is what controls the scourge, otherwise Bolvar would of been unable to keep them in check. The Helms power wasn't sealed away otherwise it wouldn't work at all.
    I never said the Helm of Domination does not control the scourge. This is the second time you've brought up something irrelevant and never said. The Helm of Domination still worked while sealed away because Ner'zhul was able to use it to control the scourge. I mean do you even know the lore you keep defending? Champion is the same as Surrogate. Frostmourne was key to getting the slave he needed.

I never said the Helm of Domination does not control the scourge. This is the second time you've brought up something irrelevant and never said. The Helm of Domination still worked while sealed away because Ner'zhul was able to use it to control the scourge. I mean do you even know the lore you keep defending? Champion is the same as Surrogate. Frostmourne was key to getting the slave he needed.
    "And part of its abilities was binding the user to the will of the Lich King." Frostmourne did not turn Arthas. You're implying that Frostmourne bounded Arthas to Ner'zhul which isn't the case. Arthas was already willingly following Ner'zhul and had pretty free reign on what he wanted to do until Ner'zhul needed Arthas in Northrend where it became a fight for survival.

Do you? Cause you kept trying to tell me Illidan spell was a direct attack, the crack wasn't the cause of Lich King getting weak, thought KJ wanted to bring LK back into the fold. I never refuted surrogate/champion whatever you wanna call it.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2020-03-16 at 07:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Part of Ner'zhuls soul was placed inside the blade.
    i never read a thing about that, neither the wiki or chronicles.