Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i never read a thing about that, neither the wiki or chronicles.
    I mean, you fight the echos of Ner'zhul and Arthas in the shards of Frostmourne.

Also, "When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor, as well as the runeblade Frostmourne"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    I mean, you fight the echos of Ner'zhul and Arthas in the shards of Frostmourne.
    they are echos for a reason, just echos, never is sated part of his soul was in the blade, his will yes, his magic power yes, his essence? maybe, but nothing about soul;

Also, "When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor, as well as the runeblade Frostmourne"
    yep, they were chains, not vessels of his soul, his soul was inside the helm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frostmourne did not turn Arthas. You're implying that Frostmourne bounded Arthas to Ner'zhul which isn't the case. Arthas was already willingly following Ner'zhul and had pretty free reign on what he wanted to do until Ner'zhul needed Arthas in Northrend where it became a fight for survival. Do you? Cause you kept trying to tell me Illidan spell was a direct attack, the crack wasn't the cause of Lich King getting weak, thought KJ wanted to bring LK back into the fold. I never refuted surrogate/champion whatever you wanna call it.
    Frostmourne is what binded Arthas to the Lich King. Arthas was not willingly following the Lich King prior to taking up Frostmourne. He was being led to it and tricked into taking up the blade. The crack was caused by Illidan's spell and not by the Lich King getting weaker. You are also refuting surrogate/champion/whatever by claiming that Frostmourne did not turn Arthas.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Sure go ahead. Weak weapon built by defeated minions, wielded by defeated minions of defeated lords of said minions. Might aswell wave a bundle of noodles around.

they are echos for a reason, just echos, never is sated part of his soul was in the blade, his will yes, his magic power yes, his essence? maybe, but nothing about soul;

yep, they were chains, not vessels of his soul, his soul was inside the helm.
    "When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor, as well as the runeblade Frostmourne" Spirit is the same as a soul here.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Frostmourne is what binded Arthas to the Lich King. Arthas was not willingly following the Lich King prior to taking up Frostmourne. He was being led to it and tricked into taking up the blade. The crack was caused by Illidan's spell and not by the Lich King getting weaker. You are also refuting surrogate/champion/whatever by claiming that Frostmourne did not turn Arthas.
    Willingly and knowingly are two different things. Arthas wasn't the same person as he was at the start of the campaign, he slowly fell and continued the path of his own choices culminating into become a Death Knight of his own choice. He willingly went down the route Ner'zhul set for him.

The crack was worsened by Illidan's spell, which was a giant earthquake meant to destory Icecrown. It unintentionally worsened the crack. That's my point. That's the lore. You've refuted saying it was a direct attack on the Lich King himself. Frostmourne didn't turn Arthas, Arthas became who he was by his own choices. That's why Arthas is a tragic hero, he started off doing everything with good intentions but that led to his downfall. That's why Arthas became one of the most beloved warcraft characters created. No, Frostmourne did not really turn Arthas. Arthas turned himself into it willingly.

Frostmourne was nothing but a tool in this regard to make Arthas a death knight.

I've never ever have said the crack worsened because the Lich King became weaker. Stop making shit up. I've said that Ner'zhul created the crack, Illidan's spell made it worse and because of that Ner'zhul became weaker and started dieing.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2020-03-17 at 01:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor, as well as the runeblade Frostmourne" Spirit is the same as a soul here.
    Note he used the word Shackled, the suit and the sword are shackles, chains, not vessels of his soul, his soul was not inside any of those artifacts but his spirit was imprisoned by those chains

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Well, it'd have to be obtainable first... Don't get ahead of yourselves.
    Yup. But it can just exist as a dressing room transmog option you can unlock, without being a physical item you get in your bags.

Similar to the Army of the Light weaponry.

Note he used the word Shackled, the suit and the sword are shackles, chains, not vessels of his soul, his soul was not inside any of those artifacts but his spirit was imprisoned by those chains
    Spirit; the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.

"Upon entering one of the portals, Ner'zhul and his followers were immediately captured by Kil'jaeden. The Elder Shaman was torn apart, though his spirit was kept alive. Agreeing to enter into the service of the demon once more, Ner'zhul's spirit was bound to the Helm of Domination and trapped inside the Frozen Throne."

Part of his soul was put into Frostmourne to make him more compliant to the will of the Legion.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2020-03-17 at 08:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Spirit; the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.

"Upon entering one of the portals, Ner'zhul and his followers were immediately captured by Kil'jaeden. The Elder Shaman was torn apart, though his spirit was kept alive. Agreeing to enter into the service of the demon once more, Ner'zhul's spirit was bound to the Helm of Domination and trapped inside the Frozen Throne."

Part of his soul was put into Frostmourne to make him more compliant to the will of the Legion.
    Again, there is nothing in what you put here who says or imply his soul or part of it was in frostmourne, this is just projecting

his soul was inside the helm, he was shackles by the armor and the sword within the block of ice

Sword and armor were chains not vessels

Again, there is nothing in what you put here who says or imply his soul or part of it was in frostmourne, this is just projecting

his soul was inside the helm, he was shackles by the armor and the sword within the block of ice

Sword and armor were chains not vessels
    The echo of his soul/spirit had to originate from somewhere, or do you think their souls jumped from the helm to the sword at some point during the fight?

Do you think he had a physical body while encased and the armor kept him from moving? His spirit was bounded/chained/shackled inside the Helm (part of the armor) and Frostmourne. This is literally a fact. Show me where it says otherwise.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2020-03-19 at 04:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The echo of his soul/spirit had to originate from somewhere, or do you think their souls jumped from the helm to the sword at some point during the fight?
    Echos are just echos, memories of Arthas

Do you think he had a physical body while encased and the armor kept him from moving? His spirit was bounded/chained/shackled inside the Helm (part of the armor) and Frostmourne. This is literally a fact. Show me where it says otherwise.
    Again, there is nothing, literally nothing, saying his soul was inside the sword or the plate, its everything inside the helm

The Helm of Domination was crafted at the Forge of Domination by the demons of the Burning Legion both for containing the spirit of Ner'zhul and granting him his Lich King powers. The helm, and Ner'zhul's spirit, were sealed within the Frozen Throne from which the Scourge was controlled telepathically over a long distance, forcing it to obey the wearer's wil

Frostmourne transmog would be a great reward. I would love a mage tower like challenge for Frostmourne that scales with gear and level.

The fact is, WoW is quickly becoming irrelevant, and absolutely anything they could do to excite players is something they should consider. Frostmourne would, for a great many players (myself included), be a pretty compelling carrot on a stick. Make its acquisition brutally difficult, and even time-consuming if need be, but I think its addition would benefit the game as a whole.

That is, unless they mean to bring in back in the STORY. If they bring back Arthas (which seems likely) and decide to have him wield Frostmourne again (which seems doubtful), I think that would be a valid reason not to allow players to wield it. More likely, though, they'll never again reference Frostmourne in any meaningful capacity, since it is now completely irrelevant. So why not allow Death Knights to reforge it?

Consider that step 1 complete.

Consider that step 1 complete.[/QUOTE]

Imagine one of legendaries we can get is Frostmourne-like..

One can only dream

You can transmog shadowmorne that is enough for me.Frostmourne is not something you can get ingame and i hope you never can,its destroyed and should stay that way.The only person that should be able to wield it is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    You can transmog shadowmorne that is enough for me.Frostmourne is not something you can get ingame and i hope you never can,its destroyed and should stay that way.The only person that should be able to wield it is dead.
    We are gonna meet the very person who crafted it. And he is going to be making lots of legendaries for us. The odds are against you

OT: We have the Ashbringer, the Doomhammer, the Scepter of Sargeras.... just give it to us already.

They said covenants will allow us to craft legendary items, but they didn't specify what kind or how many. Presumably, if they give us class specific legendaries, we can have a 'reforged' Frostmourne for DKs, or at least something that is aesthetically like Frostmourne while not being the item it self. Alternatively, they can let us re-craft the Crown of Domination or that mace Bolvar was wielding. If they decide to go class/spec specific with legendaries that is, and we don't know if they will or what exactly they want to do.

Personally, if they're already giving us legendary items, I think it's a great opportunity to let us have Frostmourne in some form.

I don't see why they couldn't make a 2H version of the artifact weapon that would be closer to the look and feel of Frostmourne. Like others have pointed out, we have access to a ton of Artifacts that before Legion no player could ever yield. Lore wise you could even say that the finest smiths of the damned along with the 4 Horsemen and what's left of Bolvar along with the Deathlord (aka us) could reforge the two blades from the shattered Frostmourne and could reforge back into Frostmourne. Besides, with the Helm of Domination gone, I truly wonder if Frostmourne would have the sway that it once had over Arthas.

Besides I'd love to ride right up to Sylvie and show her the blade she fears most due to it changing everything about her. See if the bitch wants to powerslide into it again lol.

And Atiesh for Mages. But we don't always get what we want.