Page 1 of 56
... LastLast

Frostmourne should become DK transmog option

It looks great, it looks sweet: https://imgur.com/a/JqdpX

It would cure the pain from having toothpicks in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Frostmourne is shattered though, it's pieces making up the frost artifact weapon
    Yeah, but that is drivel. Someho reforging one blade was more difficult than two. But anyway, it should be a transmog thing, no big lore behind it, just fanservice. Demon Hunters can obtain Warglaives even though they were fighting on another plnet while Illidan got himself gutted.

You're not getting Frostmourne. Ever. You are not the Lich King. Give it a rest.

That said, I do think death knights should be able to mog Shadowmourne if they obtain it.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You're not getting Frostmourne. Ever. You are not the Lich King. Give it a rest.

That said, I do think death knights should be able to mog Shadowmourne if they obtain it.
    Shadowmourne is a shitty tier C weapon.

Somehow me not being a Lich King did not prevent me from forging 2 blades from its shards. Other classes have received their iconic weapons, Ashbringer, Doomhammer and Scepter. Somehow Frostmourne is too much. LeL.

This game already strains too hard trying to make the player character godlike... Meanwhile Jaina makes ships levitate and my mage is sitting there going *... fireball... fireball... fireball...*

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    This game already strains too hard trying to make the player character godlike... Meanwhile Jaina makes ships levitate and my mage is sitting there going *... fireball... fireball... fireball...*
    I wouldn't mind godlike transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Shadowmourne is a shitty tier C weapon.

Somehow me not being a Lich King did not prevent me from forging 2 blades from its shards. Other classes have received their iconic weapons, Ashbringer, Doomhammer and Scepter. Somehow Frostmourne is too much. LeL.
    Assuming Doomhammer is on par with the Frostmourne...

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Frostmourne being destroyed was a pretty huge event at the end of WoLK....

All of a sudden saying "Hey DK's!!...here's a new one" would seem...off.....

10+ Year Old Account
    They fucked up making frostmourne, the iconic two-handed sword of the Lich King, known for his frosty powers, into two dinky dual-wield swords for frost DKs.

If I wanted to be a dual-wielding little bitch I'd have rolled a rogue, damnit.

DKs aren't going to get frostmourne, sad to say. That ship has sailed.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Assuming Doomhammer is on par with the Frostmourne...
    Ashbringer is on par and Scepter of Sargeras is most definitely far stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    Frostmourne being destroyed was a pretty huge event at the end of WoLK....

All of a sudden saying "Hey DK's!!...here's a new one" would seem...off.....
    Yeaah well, Dmon Hunters running with Illidanglaivs is also off but here we are.

Frostmourne looks nice and all, but it's got nothing on Unholy's Death's Deliverance skin!

Honestly, I think this is the most amazing death knight themed weapon currently available. Of course opinions may differ, but love using this with the MoP CM set.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yeah, but that is drivel. Someho reforging one blade was more difficult than two. But anyway, it should be a transmog thing, no big lore behind it, just fanservice. Demon Hunters can obtain Warglaives even though they were fighting on another plnet while Illidan got himself gutted.
    The Azzinoth glaives were also an actual, lootable item. Unlike Frostmourne.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Frostmourne looks nice and all, but it's got nothing on Unholy's Death's Deliverance skin!

Honestly, I think this is the most amazing death knight themed weapon currently available. Of course opinions may differ, but love using this with the MoP CM set.
    Cool looking weapon indeed, it's too bad I'm frost and we fight with tooth picks LMAO

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

It does look great indeed, but sadly it (and many, many other swords in Legion) is simply to wide and bulky. It's not even a sword, you can't slice or stab with it. It's more like a really wierd club.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Cool looking weapon indeed, it's too bad I'm frost and we fight with tooth picks LMAO
    Frost has some pretty sick skins too if I may say so, but obviously they would look a ton better if they had been scaled larger. Even on my human female, they are absolutely tiny, except for the hidden frost skin at least, those are pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Azzinoth glaives were also an actual, lootable item. Unlike Frostmourne.
    Sure but lore wise DH were on Mardum doing Mardun doing while Illidan died. And considering new model is n, they can just make it transmog. Some sort of memory line short quest if they must.

Ashbringer is on par and Scepter of Sargeras is most definitely far stronger

Yeaah well, Dmon Hunters running with Illidanglaivs is also off but here we are.
    Scepter of Sargeras is not stronger than Frostmourne, lol. Maybe if you count it fully empowered by all of the artifacts that caused it to inadvertently destroy Draenor, but even then, it wasn't really used as a weapon, but as a misused tool.

Ashbringer is not on par with Frostmourne. It was a powerful weapon, but it was never as powerful as Frostmourne. Just because it was used to defeat the Lich King, does not even remotely mean it was the stronger blade.

You're trying to underplay Frostmourne's power to justify it being obtainable by players. It doesn't work that way. Frostmourne is not going to be obtainable. Ever. There are plenty of other fantastic looking death knight weapons -- including the one handed frost artifacts you seem to hate so much -- but Frostmourne will never be used by a player.

I prefer my sword having an actual blade and not being a blunt club. That was my problem with most skins, especially for the Frost Artifact (the only exception being the challenge skin).

P.s. I also dislike the thick blue outline. Messes up every transmogg

@ Topic: Yeah, naturally I'd like Frostmourne to become available. The whole power discussion is useless since we're just talking about a style item anyway. Have the Ebon Blade make it a damn replica to remember their roots, a symbol to honor their Deathlord and mock Arthas or whatever.

And I definitely think we should have Shadowmourne available. That this is not an option has me a bit pissed, more than Frostmourne for sure because there is not one argument why we can't have that. We can even mog Shadow's Edge.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2018-08-20 at 08:45 AM.

Scepter of Sargeras is not stronger than Frostmourne, lol. Maybe if you count it fully empowered by all of the artifacts that caused it to inadvertently destroy Draenor, but even then, it wasn't really used as a weapon, but as a misused tool.

Ashbringer is not on par with Frostmourne. It was a powerful weapon, but it was never as powerful as Frostmourne. Just because it was used to defeat the Lich King, does not even remotely mean it was the stronger blade.

You're trying to underplay Frostmourne's power to justify it being obtainable by players. It doesn't work that way. Frostmourne is not going to be obtainable. Ever. There are plenty of other fantastic looking death knight weapons -- including the one handed frost artifacts you seem to hate so much -- but Frostmourne will never be used by a player.
    Of course it is stronger than Frostmourne. It was Sargeras's custom order unlike Frostmourne, meant to empower puppet state. It could be used as anything they wanted. Weaponized portals are still portals.

It is on par. And no point in lore stands as counter to it.

You are trying to overplay Frostmourne's power to justify it being unobtainable by players. It doesn't work that way. There aren't plenty of other fantastic looking dk weapons. ye, sure, short toothpicks are fantastic tee hee.

As someone said belo, it is about style. It should be available to DK.

Deleted

Scepter of Sargeras is miles ahead in power compared to Frostmourne, what the hell are you saying. The staff has the power to rip portals powerful enough to allow passage for an avatar of Sargeras anywhere in the universe, threatening the fabric of reality in doing so. The other warlock artifact, Utalesh, is also known to be one of the few weapon feared by Sargeras.
    Lorewise, also, both Maw of the Damned and Apocalypse were FAR stronger than Frostmourne.

I'm sorry, but since Legion happened Frostmourne is no longer the big deal. I don't really care the reason why Blizzard would or wouldn't give it to us, but since they have a new shiny unused model I think they could give it to dks as a transmog options.